PDA

View Full Version : VTM Theme Change

Roslyn
January 6th, 2021, 16:26
So I need a little help. I am extremely new to Fantasy Grounds and I want to play Vampire the Masquerade with friends, however the stripped background is making me and some other players sick. I know you can change themes for 5e and such but I can't seem to find a way to change it for VtM. Any help will be great.

Fear Grounds
January 6th, 2021, 18:03
So I need a little help. I am extremely new to Fantasy Grounds and I want to play Vampire the Masquerade with friends, however the stripped background is making me and some other players sick. I know you can change themes for 5e and such but I can't seem to find a way to change it for VtM. Any help will be great.

Themes are extensions made by either the community or by Fantasy Grounds themselves. As far as I know there are no VTM specific themes available currently. What all are you looking to change?

If you have a theme that you enjoy using, but cannot use with VTM, then you can add the ruleset to the extension.

viresanimi
January 6th, 2021, 18:34

CHeck this out: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47787-Utility-Background-Theme-Maker-for-FG-(All-Rulesets)

If this doesn't help you, send me a message and I will make an extention for you, that changes the background to something acceptable to you.

Themes are extensions made by either the community or by Fantasy Grounds themselves. As far as I know there are no VTM specific themes available currently. What all are you looking to change?

There is a reason why there aren't any community theme's out there. Cause Vampire uses a lot of custom non-standard graphic elements and editing something, that you don't know what is, is impossible. I really wish they would make a post regarding each graphical element regarding pixel dimensions and names.

Vires Animi

Roslyn
January 6th, 2021, 19:58

If you have a theme that you enjoy using, but cannot use with VTM, then you can add the ruleset to the extension.

I really just need to change the background since the current stripped background of VTM is making me nauseous. How would I make the ruleset into an extension?

CHeck this out: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47787-Utility-Background-Theme-Maker-for-FG-(All-Rulesets)

Thank you. I already tried that creator and sadly it doesn't work with VtM. If you're able to make anything that would change the background to something, anything else, I would be so greatful.

vegaserik
January 7th, 2021, 00:49
Just use a different theme. They won't be perfect since VtM has different buttons on the right side, but it'll change the background. The first is a theme called Halloween, the second is called FG Dark. They are on the forums somewhere.

Roslyn
January 7th, 2021, 04:05
Just use a different theme. They won't be perfect since VtM has different buttons on the right side, but it'll change the background. The first is a theme called Halloween, the second is called FG Dark. They are on the forums somewhere.

Unfortunately I don't know how to load a theme into VtM. When I go to load the module, themes don't show up there.

Valyar
January 7th, 2021, 04:30
Unfortunately I don't know how to load a theme into VtM. When I go to load the module, themes don't show up there.
Those themes are extension, not module. You enable them from the campaign load screen by selecting the respective theme’s radio button.

damned
January 7th, 2021, 05:54
Try this theme Roslyn
I dont have this ruleset so I cant test it.
You can replace the image if this works for you - it just replaces the desktop with a marble background.

Fear Grounds
January 7th, 2021, 06:10
Try this theme Roslyn
I dont have this ruleset so I cant test it.
You can replace the image if this works for you - it just replaces the desktop with a marble background.

Here's What it looks like in place.

Thanks damned!

damned
January 7th, 2021, 06:38
I just uploaded a slight variant that tiles a little nicer.

Valyar
January 7th, 2021, 08:38
The marble looks good for Vampires. We need a rose now and green tint on the stone to look like VtM 3e :)

damned
January 7th, 2021, 08:49
Ill make a green one tomorrow - I left the art on my computer at work.
I wont do a rose because it looks like there are already custom panels in use and I have no ability to test against the ruleset.

viresanimi
January 7th, 2021, 12:38
I have a green background somewhere. I think it was the one I made for the 20th anniversary ruleset, which got lost for a while. Let me cook up something.

Roslyn had a specific request so I made something for him in particular.

Vires Animi

viresanimi
January 7th, 2021, 13:08
So I quickly made a simple desktop extension, and a decal too:

Decal: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1egw3xb7hnma8h/Decal%20-%20Vampire%20V.ext?dl=0
Theme: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hlahr23ac2h974x/Theme%20-%20Vampire%20V%20-%20Marble.ext?dl=0

Enjoy!

backwardoracle
January 24th, 2021, 22:17
Excellent thanks, !!
Looks lovely