PDA

View Full Version : New Tuesday nights Campaign [PST]

DragonBelow
June 4th, 2007, 22:57
The hours will be 7:30pm to 11pm on Tuesdays.

As for settings I offer these options:

Forgotten Realms
Arcava Evolved
Ptolus
Dragonlance
Fantasy Post-Apocalyptic Home brew
Spelljammer as per Polyhedron Magazine.

Please voice your interest here, we'll go from there.

I am a total newbie to FG, and I am using v2.

About the campaign, it obviously depends on the setting chosen, but I can tell you this:

Campaign will have a heathly doses of combat and role playing.
28 Point buy.
No cheese allowed.
Characters with well developed backgrounds are required.
Characters to start each session with 4 action points.
Character has to pick a virtue (generous, courageous, confident, etc) and a vice (paranoid, absent minded, impatient, etc), when you role play accordingly you will be rewarded.
If playing D&D:

Books allowed: PHB, PHB2, Spell Compendium, Magic Item Compendium. The Expanded Psionics Handbook and Psionics Handbook are also allowed unless we're playing in Dragonlance.
Other classes allowed: Swashbuckler, Scout, Warlock, Warmage. Favored Soul. If playing Dragonlance then all 3.5 Dragonlance books are allowed as well. If playing Forgotten Realms then FRCS and the PGtF will also be allowed.

If Playing Arcana Evolved:

Books Allowed: Arcana Evolved, Transcendence, Mystic Secrets, Spell Treasury.

NymTevlyn
June 4th, 2007, 23:10
I'll throw my hat in for an FR game. I'd like to play a Druid (Shifter) from the PHB II. My only question, is would you allow a slight modification to the forms? I'm working on altering that option for my campaign to allow druids to choose how much to increase their strength or dexterity by.

For example, instead of a flat +4 strength for Predator form, the druid gets two shifter points. Each shifter point can be used to increase strength or dexterity by two points. In effect, it's the same thing, just gives the druid a little more flexibility.

DragonBelow
June 4th, 2007, 23:18
Thanks NymTevlyn, doesn't sound like that modification would be problem.

jmhrivnak
June 4th, 2007, 23:20
Hi Dragon,

I would be interest. Forgotten Realms is my vote but only because that is what I am most familiar with. Character-wise a lean toward finesse fighter types but I'm certainly open to other things. Please keep me in mind and let me know what details you would need.

Thanks,

John

DragonBelow
June 4th, 2007, 23:22
Hi Dragon,

I would be interest. Character-wise a lean toward finesse fighter types but I'm certainly open to other things. Please keep me in mind and let me know what details you would need.

Thanks,

John

John, What setting are you interested in?

inexorable
June 4th, 2007, 23:54
Count me interested as well in a Forgotten Realms game. Although I'd be willing to give the others a try but I'm not familiar with any of them except for Dragonlance.

I am very new to Fantasy Grounds... in fact just got the program within the last week.

As for the type of character I would play, I'd like to play a sorcerer or maybe a wizard straight up, although I might multi-class him with a level or two of fighter so he has a modicum of health. I'm fine with playing a different type of class as well depending on what the party needs.

My timezone is PST so Tuesdays at 7:30 would be perfect.

Also, just curious but what do you mean by action points? I have no idea what you meant by that.

DragonBelow
June 5th, 2007, 00:00
Action Points is a mechanic used to help boost rolls in important situations, but they can also be used for other effects. You can read about Action Points here:

https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/actionPoints.htm

The only difference is that you would start each session with a fixed number of Action Points (4).

inexorable
June 5th, 2007, 00:18
Thanks Dragon.

That makes sense.

I've played in table top dnd games where the DM has allowed such a house rule in his game as well. I think he called them hero points.

jmhrivnak
June 5th, 2007, 00:32
Looks like you beat me to editing my original post. I usually play in FR or homebrew campaigns, so I am most familiar with FR. Honestly, FR and DL are the only ones I really know much about. SO... my vote would be for FR but I would not be opposed to playing somewhere else.

Thanks, John

DragonBelow
June 5th, 2007, 00:49
So far FR seems to be the most popular setting so I will reveal a few details about the campaign if it's set there, it will be a Moonsea based campaign. Keep in mind that I am not a FR sage by any means, far from it actually, so don't expect me to know everything about the setting.

So far we seem to have:

Druid (Nym)
Sorceror or Wizard (inexorable)
Light Infantry (jmhrivnak)

Nym, just FYI, initially the campaign will be mostly Urban/Underdark but I will try to include a fair bit of outdoors.

Dnarris
June 5th, 2007, 01:08
I'm quite interested in this as well. I'm good with either Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance....though Admittedly I'd rather play Dragonlance. :D

DragonBelow
June 5th, 2007, 01:20
I'm quite interested in this as well. I'm good with either Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance....though Admittedly I'd rather play Dragonlance. :D

Dnarris, thanks for the interest,

Just trying to confirm, I notice you're in FL, are you sure you can make the game time?

NymTevlyn
June 5th, 2007, 01:43
Nym, just FYI, initially the campaign will be mostly Urban/Underdark but I will try to include a fair bit of outdoors.
Ah doesn't matter to me where we go. Mielikki's justice is needed in all sorts of places. ^_^

Traygin
June 5th, 2007, 02:40
I am intrested in playing. My vote is for Forgotten Realms. Also, are you planing on playing once a week, twice a month etc...

Auly
June 5th, 2007, 04:46
I'd like to play a realms game.. I think I may play a sorcerer and if allowed use some of the abyssal feats from hordes of the abyss or something.. to make a plane touched character.. Might be interesting. If not allowed I still will play a sorcerer just will work up something else.

Dnarris
June 5th, 2007, 06:25
Dnarris, thanks for the interest,

Just trying to confirm, I notice you're in FL, are you sure you can make the game time?

Absolutely. I have a very very flexible schedule with all my college courses being online. I'm frequently up very late and have no problem making that game time.

Reinforcements
June 5th, 2007, 07:06
I'd be interested in making this my first FG game, and I prefer Realms as well (over the choices given, at least :D ). And yes, I can easily make the game time despite my time zone. Late is great, as far as I'm concerned.

Not sure on the character yet.

jmhrivnak
June 5th, 2007, 07:13
Hi Dragon,

I did some reading on the Scout and I think that I would like to play that... fits very well with the finesse fighter characters a prefer to play.

Ok, I'm excited now, when do we start?

-John

DragonBelow
June 5th, 2007, 17:51
Thanks everyone for their interest, since the response has been greater than anticipated I have to limit participation to 5 players, I apologize for this.

So far we have:

Druid (Nym)
Scout (jmhrivnak)
Sorcerer or Wizard (inexorable)

Next It would be great if at least one of you could play a warrior type:

Dnaris
Traygin

Next in line are:

Auly
Reinforcements

Regarding game frequency, I want to commit to once a week, but this might be hard at times, so I am going to say every other week, and sometimes we will do an extra session.

Tonight we can get together for a couple of hours and discuss your character concepts if you want, everyone that has posted so far is invited.

inexorable
June 5th, 2007, 17:58
Get together at 7:30pm PST tonight?

Also, I'd be fine with playing a tank character instead of a spellcaster or whatever else the party needs. I just want to play... heh.

I'll play a straight up Fighter or similar type character if someone is set on playing a wizard or sorcerer.

DragonBelow
June 5th, 2007, 18:01
inexorable you get to pick because you signed up earlier, but make up your mind so the other=s know what type of character to make.

However, I am not going to force a character type on anybody, if there is no tank, I'll adjust accordingly.

DragonBelow
June 5th, 2007, 18:03
Get together at 7:30pm PST tonight?

Yes, if possible, since it will be just character/campaign discussion, it's not mandatory but highly recommended.

1st Session officially will be on Tuesday 12th of June.

NymTevlyn
June 5th, 2007, 18:12
Don't count on me for healing!! Druids are not good healers...

They don't get the 2d8 cure until 5th level.

NymTevlyn
June 5th, 2007, 19:03
We're starting at 1st level, right? Cause I wouldn't mind starting second or third... heh.

DragonBelow
June 5th, 2007, 19:08
Correct, 1st level

NymTevlyn
June 5th, 2007, 19:09
Hope someone plays a cleric then. >_>

Dnarris
June 5th, 2007, 20:05
I have no problem playing a fighter.

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 03:20
alias: puny luck soft vest

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 03:21
password: moonsea

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 03:23
who's out there?

JadeZephyr
June 6th, 2007, 07:53
If you haven't begun already, or are accepting new members (who aren't new to roleplaying but ARE new to D&D) then I'd really like to join. Please reply.

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 13:57
If inexorable wants to play the fighter, I'm more than happy to play a cleric/wizard or cleric/sorcerer and become a mystic theurge of mystra.

I was looking at it today and thought it'd be a great way for me to be a healer for the party, but still pack the spell casting power of a wizard or sorcerer.

Traygin
June 6th, 2007, 16:03
Dragon just sent you a PM.

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 16:21
Calendar Page for the campaign:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=175

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 16:21
JadeZephyr, sorry It's full already

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 16:22
Dnarris, inexorable is going to play a sorcerer.

Everybody else please sign up at the calendar page.

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 16:50
Alright, Fighter it is for me then.

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 16:50
Can we log in right now to start characters using the current alias?

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 17:05
Since I'm going to be a fighter, I plan on becoming a dwarven defender so I plan on focusing around the use of a tower shield and getting my AC as high as possible.

Just letting people know just incase they want to take any feats that might benefit them with me bascially becoming a dwarven wall. :D

((I forgot about the penalities associated with a tower shield. I can deal with the -2 to attack, but I don't like not being able to shield bash with it. Anyone know of any books that have feats in it that might improve my use of a tower shield by either lowering penalties or removing them?))

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 17:28
Can we log in right now to start characters using the current alias?

No, I am at work right now

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 17:59
This is the final Line Up, sorry for those that couldn't make it, but 6 is plenty of people.

NymTevlyn (Myrras, Human Druid)
jmhrivnak (Dunfry, Human Scout)
inexorable (Human Sorcerer)
Dnarris (Gharun, Dwarf Fighter)
Reinforcement (Elven Favored Soul)
Traygin (Unknown)

Check the calendar's first announcement, on Sunday afternoon I will open FG so everybody can upload their characters, background included, this is mandatory, if you can't make it for whatever reason let me know beforehand and we can do it before Sunday.

Thanks in advance.

Traygin
June 6th, 2007, 19:58
Dragon,
Looking at the other class's could we fit in a Wizard? I could aslo play a fighter but it does look like we are short a cleric and rouge.

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 20:10
Traygin,

The party already has 2 divine casters (Druid, Fav. Soul), the Scout can almost replace the rogue (they don't get open locks and disable device).

You can play whatever class you want though

Traygin
June 6th, 2007, 20:44
So far I am going for an Elven Wizard.
Also, is a VoIP server going to be used?

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 22:20
Traygin, good question.

Is everybody using broadband?

jmhrivnak
June 6th, 2007, 22:40
I have broadband but no microphone gizmo.

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 22:43
Yup, I'm on broadband.

NymTevlyn
June 6th, 2007, 22:51
I prefer not to use voice chat myself. Just never liked it much.

Traygin
June 6th, 2007, 23:03
I am on broadband as well. In another game I run we use one of the players Ventrilo VoIP server it works great and the end users use it for free. Just need to intall the client software. I may get a server for this. I know Gizmo has good Voip software but I belive the group conferance calling may only be limited to 4 people.

Traygin
June 6th, 2007, 23:06
I prefer not to use voice chat myself. Just never liked it much.

Some times game play can be good with just typing, but I do like VoIP. I write software all day so the last thing I want to do is type more at a game session :cry: anyways my spelling is very bad at times.

NymTevlyn
June 6th, 2007, 23:07
Well, another reason is I have roommates and am playing very late at night.

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 23:12
I am leaning towards Skype, because it runs in my OS, but I want to hear what everyone has to say.

Also, from what I've read people use it for out of character comments, rules discussions and read-a-loud stuff. This is the way I would use it.

Traygin
June 6th, 2007, 23:16
I would be up for Skype, does it have a conferance room that will allow all of the players?

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 23:17
up to 10 people in a conference call

Traygin
June 6th, 2007, 23:17
up to 10 people in a conference call

That works then.

DragonBelow
June 6th, 2007, 23:18
Well, another reason is I have roommates and am playing very late at night.

Nym, do you have headphones?, I wouldn't require you to talk

NymTevlyn
June 7th, 2007, 00:59
I have zero interest in playing in a game using voice chat. If you're dead set on using it, I'll go find another game to play.

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 03:56
I don't mind using voicechat either. I have a headset with a mic and have no trouble using it.

If skype is a free download I have no trouble using that either.

Traygin
June 7th, 2007, 03:59
Also, from what I've read people use it for out of character comments, rules discussions and read-a-loud stuff. This is the way I would use it.

In the game I am running we use it about the same way. But I would say we use it for everything and it seems to work out very well. We have two seperate chat rooms so to speak so when I need to talk to a player seperatly we leave the main voice chat room and go to the other when needed to talk about game elements that other players should not know about.

Traygin
June 7th, 2007, 04:01
I don't mind using voicechat either. I have a headset with a mic and have no trouble using it.

If skype is a free download I have no trouble using that either.

Skype is a free download. I may end up geting a Ventrilo server for my other game so we could use that as well. The client is free as well.

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 05:17
I picked up some new books today. I got player's handbook II, The Tome of Battle: The book of Nine swords, and the complete adventurers.

I don't think I'll be just a normal fighter, but a fighter type for certain. I'd been looking into classes that can provide AC bonus to allies and other protective abilities.

The crusader class looks like a good one since I can get abilites that increase allies AC near me, plus the shield mate feat....I think I can add +3 AC to all allies that are adjacent to me being a crusader.

Anyhow...I'm looking at other stuff too, but definitely still filling the main fighter role.

jmhrivnak
June 7th, 2007, 06:47
Hey let me know how that book of nine swords is.

-John

NymTevlyn
June 7th, 2007, 06:55
Everything I've heard about the Book of Nine Swords and the Tome of Battle is stinky cheese. ^_^ Not that I care. As a DM, I just work around the player cheese.

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 06:55
Incredibly awesome.

After reading through the book, I'd like to play a Crusader for this campaign, but Tome of Battle wasn't on his list of approved books, so I'll have to ask if it's alright with him.

Crusaders had some really nice abilities to help them survive and buff/defend a party inplace of all the feats a fighter can get.

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 06:59
I wouldn't call it stinky cheese.

I can definitely see the opprotunity for some serious min/maxing if a DM isn't on guard.

However, I'd have to say with introduction of manuevers, stances, and disciplines for melee characters, it does allow a melee character far more versatility and damage capability.

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 07:41
Come to think of it...he doesn't allow the complete series, anything from the DMG, or any of the books that really have prestige classes in them.

Anyone have idea what levels this campaign is suppose to run the characters through?

NymTevlyn
June 7th, 2007, 08:14
He said 10th lvl or so in the short session on Tuesday.

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 08:16
Hrm....so we get to 10th level and the characters are done?

That sort of makes me sad inside.

DragonBelow
June 7th, 2007, 16:48
Ok, 1st to 10th level is the commitment I am doing for now for this game, doesn't mean it's a hard deadline, but it's what I have in mind now.

Regarding books allowed, keeping it close to core is more manageable as a GM, I do have most complete books and I would certainly allow feats and such, but you have to let me know. I think I said PrC will be evaluated on a case by case basis.

Regarding the Bo9S, I play in a game with a Warblade, he's definitely the character that deals the most damage in the party, not to mention he always seems to have the right ability for the right situation, the latter isn't necessarily bad. I think the crusader mechanics are not easy to replicate in FG, maybe there is a script to handle this already?, If you want to play a martial class and take the Martial Study feat a few times it would be fine by me.

DragonBelow
June 7th, 2007, 16:50
Nym, regarding VoIP, I'd like to use it as an enhancement for the game, but I won't require you to have it. If that still isn't you cup of tea, good luck finding another game.

jmhrivnak
June 7th, 2007, 17:29
Hi All,

As far as the longevity of this campaign goes I would certainly like to see it continue to the point where we all get to be such uber-characters we get bored and set it aside. But, if it doesn't thats ok too. That being said, I am more interested in finding a group of folks that I enjoy gaming with that have similar schedules and therefore can meet and play consistently, whether that meant sharing DM/GM duties and playing a couple of different campaigns concurrently or in succession. I'm hopin' at least a couple of you folks have the same interest and that we all do in fact enjoy gaming together and can establish a long lived "gaming group". ...and if not that's ok too, I'm still interested.

Happy Thursday -John

DragonBelow
June 7th, 2007, 17:46
Hi All,

As far as the longevity of this campaign goes I would certainly like to see it continue to the point where we all get to be such uber-characters we get bored and set it aside. But, if it doesn't thats ok too. That being said, I am more interested in finding a group of folks that I enjoy gaming with that have similar schedules and therefore can meet and play consistently, whether that meant sharing DM/GM duties and playing a couple of different campaigns concurrently or in succession. I'm hopin' at least a couple of you folks have the same interest and that we all do in fact enjoy gaming together and can establish a long lived "gaming group". ...and if not that's ok too, I'm still interested.

Happy Thursday -John

That's a really cool way to put it John, i hope it turns out that way as well.

Traygin
June 7th, 2007, 18:13
Hi All,

Happy Thursday -John

Very true! I run a game every other Monday that plays from 7-10 PST (GMT -8) in fact I may have a couple of openes in my game.

NymTevlyn
June 7th, 2007, 19:30
Yeah, whatever. Thanks for nothing.

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 20:00
I agree with you John!

And yeah, I'd really like to try out the Crusader if that's Okay with you Dragon.

And what voice chat program should I get? I already have ventrillo and teamspeak.

Traygin
June 7th, 2007, 20:56
I agree with you John!

And yeah, I'd really like to try out the Crusader if that's Okay with you Dragon.

And what voice chat program should I get? I already have ventrillo and teamspeak.

do you have a server for ether Ventrillo or Teamspeak?

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 20:58
No, I don't have any personal servers.

As far as a script for the mechanics for a crusader is concerened, I'm really not sure if there's anything.

But I have no problem simply rolling before encounters to determine what manuevers are available to me at the beginning of a fight.

And rolling to see what manuever becomes available to me each turn.

I believe FG lets you make custom dice so I can roll a 1d5 to determine what manuevers I randomly begin the encounter with....then roll a 1d3 at the end of the first turn to determine which develops after that, and than a 1d2 for the next one and that would be the end of the dice rolls for that encounter.

I can even look into writing a script to do it if you wish. (I'd have to mess with FG a bit since I"m new to it as well)

endoboy
June 7th, 2007, 21:32
If you haven't started yet, I'm interested. I would like to play a psionicist or fighter, but if you need something specific, I'd be open to it. Still don't have FG2 working right though. It looks like I might need to drag some source material over after the upgrade from my FG1 folders, since the monstes didn't come over. Not sure if that matters as a player, though. I sure wish there were straightforward, step-by-step directions for those of use who aren't programmers or really techno-savvy.

Anyway, let me know if you still need another. Been looking for another game for a while. I've been playing Forgotten Realms since the late 80s, I think. Gaming since 1983 (oooh, that makes me feel old).

Mark

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 21:50
Well, I think Nym's decided to back out so we don't have a druid anymore and we lack any real healing ability in the party.

So that leaves the party with a Crusader, Wizard, Sorcerer, and a Rogue.

endoboy
June 7th, 2007, 22:07
Hmmm, maybe a butt-kicking Favored Soul of Tempus then? I'll give it some thought tonight and see what I can do with the points. I'll get back to the thread when I have something more concrete.

DragonBelow
June 7th, 2007, 22:11
endoboy, in theory there is already an elven Favored Soul of Corellon Larethian.

And there is no rogue, there is a Scout

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 22:14
Hehe...seems I have really confused the party make up.

So, with the corrections it will be the following:

Crusader, Favored Soul, Scout, Wizard, and Sorcerer

That right?

DragonBelow
June 7th, 2007, 22:14
This is the party so far:

jmhrivnak (Dunfry, Human Scout)
inexorable (Human Sorcerer)
Dnarris (Gharun, Crusader)
Reinforcements (Elven Favored Soul)
Traygin (Elven Wizard)

Dnarris
June 7th, 2007, 23:44
I think some people still need to sign up on the calender.

inexorable
June 8th, 2007, 00:05
Sorry Dragon and others but I'm going to have to back out of the game.

I signed up and paid to take a class and the only night available was Tuesday nights from 7pm to 9pm.

Which means I won't be available on Tuesdays anymore. I was looking forward to playing too but thats how it goes sometimes.

Dragon thanks for allowing me to join your group at the start and I wish you and all your players the best.

Maybe down the road if you have an opening and I'm free on Tuesdays I can jump in.

Take care guys.

DragonBelow
June 8th, 2007, 00:10
inexorable, thanks for the heads up. you're welcome to join later if there is room. good luck in your class.

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 00:21
Awww...sorry to hear you won't be able to join us Inexorable. Good luck in your class anyway. Hope you can join up again later.

Well, with our lack of healing I think I'll be going the Two-weapon fighting route....with the crusader stance martial spirit you can at least get 2 hp back for every successful attack landed.

Combined with their delayed damage pool I might be able to keep myself fairly healthy.

Traygin
June 8th, 2007, 05:27
Hello All,
Does anyone know the point buy spread? I know our stats start out at 8 each with a 28 point buy, but what are the spreads for the buy's that is how many points for a 16 etc...

DragonBelow
June 8th, 2007, 06:06
Traygin, the page you showed me has the correct info, you can use that as a guide

Traygin
June 8th, 2007, 06:14
Traygin, the page you showed me has the correct info, you can use that as a guide

Cool thanks also sent you a PM.

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 22:55
If you haven't got that information yet, the point buy system works as follows:

1-8: 0 points per
9-14: 1 points per
15-16: 2 points per
17-18: 3 points per

Traygin
June 8th, 2007, 23:29
If you haven't got that information yet, the point buy system works as follows:

1-8: 0 points per
9-14: 1 points per
15-16: 2 points per
17-18: 3 points per

Cool thanks Dnarris.

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 23:46
You're welcome :)

Traygin
June 9th, 2007, 00:47
Dragon,
Can you send me a PM with you email so I can send you my Character background.

endoboy
June 9th, 2007, 02:35
OK, so there's a Favored Soul already. So the healing is in theory covered then. How about either a Half-Elf Sorcerer to replace Inexorable's, or a Dwarven Monk? Either of those would be fun. Especially when the monk gets to higher level and runs faster than the medium-size characters ;-)

Let me know which you'd prefer. I'll start working on it this weekend and get the info to you on Sunday with a backstory.

Mark

Dnarris
June 9th, 2007, 04:57
Hey Mark, I'd say play whatever will make you happy.

We have a Scout, Wizard, Favored Soul, and a Crusader.

I'd say either the monk or a sorcerer would make a fine addition to the group.

It wouldn't hurt to have someone up on the front lines with me ^_^

endoboy
June 9th, 2007, 16:55
OK, then I think I'll go with the Dwarven Monk and see how it looks. Dragon, does that sound good to you? Maybe you can PM me your email for my backstory stuff and anything else you think I should know.

DragonBelow
June 9th, 2007, 18:37
A Dwarven Monk is fine, PM me your background.

everybody else remember, tomorrow evening I will have FG open so everyone can upload your characters, and background are required

Traygin
June 9th, 2007, 19:34
A Dwarven Monk is fine, PM me your background.

everybody else remember, tomorrow evening I will have FG open so everyone can upload your characters, and background are required

Dragon, it maybe a bit late on Sunday when I upload my Character.

Dnarris
June 10th, 2007, 20:18
What time is this happening today?

DragonBelow
June 10th, 2007, 21:51
Hi, I've got FG running right now

Traygin
June 10th, 2007, 23:56
Hi, I've got FG running right now

Tried to login to the FG session with the Allias of : puny luck soft vest but could not connect. Did not get any Password promt.

endoboy
June 11th, 2007, 00:34
Same problem here. I think the server must be down again. :cry:

Dnarris
June 11th, 2007, 01:38
Yeah, he was only on for a short time today. I thought he was going to leave the server up, but when he said he was going away the server kicked me out.

I think he accidently closed the server and didn't realize it.

He said he'd check in everyonce in a while, but this was about 5 hours ago.

DragonBelow
June 11th, 2007, 02:18
hi everybody, sorry, my laptop goes into hibernation and shuts down the wireless

endoboy
June 11th, 2007, 02:40
OK, my character is up. I'm going to log back on later when I have more time.

Traygin
June 11th, 2007, 02:40
hi everybody, sorry, my laptop goes into hibernation and shuts down the wireless
Hello Dragon, I should have my character uploaded I will still need to make some adjustments to the character. I will also need to send you his background. Most of it is done.

DragonBelow
June 11th, 2007, 02:57
I made some changes to the power saving settings, it should stay up now, but I hope to be back in an hour or so

DragonBelow
June 11th, 2007, 05:12
I am going to keep it online until 11pm PST

DragonBelow
June 11th, 2007, 05:14
So far I am missing Dnarris (FG crashed) and Reinforcements

DragonBelow
June 11th, 2007, 17:52
Dnarris uploaded his character last night, so I am only missing Reinforcements' character.

Comment on individual characters:

jmhrivnak: good background, missing virtue and vice, also if your Con score is 12, you should have 9 HPs not 10.

endoboy: good background, pick only one virtue and once vice, also please change the vices, they are a bit stereotypical for a dwarf and don't reflect a person with high wisdom very well.

Everybody else, I need your character's background including virtue and vice ASAP.

jmhrivnak
June 11th, 2007, 18:00
I'm at work so I can't refer back to this now but I had included virtues and vices on the notes page. Sorry about the HP thing... I juggled the stats a couple times before I was happy and probably didn't update.

I think I had Justice and Self-Reliance for virtues and two vices as well but I don't recall specifically what they were. If you have access now please take a look... it should have been noted below short and long term goals and before history.

Thanks,

John

DragonBelow
June 11th, 2007, 18:05
John maybe i confused your virtue/vice with endoboy's, I am at work as well

If that's the case, then disregard my comment

Traygin
June 11th, 2007, 20:01
Dnarris uploaded his character last night, so I am only missing Reinforcements' character.

Comment on individual characters:

jmhrivnak: good background, missing virtue and vice, also if your Con score is 12, you should have 9 HPs not 10.

endoboy: good background, pick only one virtue and once vice, also please change the vices, they are a bit stereotypical for a dwarf and don't reflect a person with high wisdom very well.

Everybody else, I need your character's background including virtue and vice ASAP.

Dragon can you pm me your email and I will send a word doc with my background. I could put it in the Notes section of the Character sheet, but would like to keep it seperate.

Dnarris
June 11th, 2007, 21:26
I've got a couple of tests I need to get done for my Macroeconomics class and my Managerial accounting class, but as soon as I get those done I'll PM you my background Dragon.

DragonBelow
June 12th, 2007, 00:53
Dragon can you pm me your email and I will send a word doc with my background. I could put it in the Notes section of the Character sheet, but would like to keep it seperate.

Thanks for your background Traygin, it's fine

DragonBelow
June 12th, 2007, 02:46
I am online for those that need to upload / update their characters

DragonBelow
June 12th, 2007, 03:39
going offline for a few

DragonBelow
June 12th, 2007, 03:52
going offline for a few

And now I'm back

endoboy
June 12th, 2007, 05:45
Last question before the game tomorrow night...did we decide to set up a VoIP server? Ventrillo (my favorite) or Skype or what? Or do you want to get that working later?

That's it.

Dnarris
June 13th, 2007, 00:06
Yeah, what chat program are we using so I can download it if I don't already have it?

endoboy
June 13th, 2007, 00:48
I talked with DragonBelow last night, and the VoIP thing is going to get dealt with between games sometime, but not for tonight. It can take a while to get everyone dialed in (pun intended), so better not to use game time for that.:bandit:

Traygin
June 13th, 2007, 00:57
I talked with DragonBelow last night, and the VoIP thing is going to get dealt with between games sometime, but not for tonight. It can take a while to get everyone dialed in (pun intended), so better not to use game time for that.:bandit:
Thanks for the info, you guy’s will have to deal with my poor spelling :eek:

Traygin
June 13th, 2007, 01:00
Also for future reference I am thinking about getting a Ventrilo server, for another game I am running, we could use it for this game as well if people do not mind using Ventrilo (the client is a free download)

Dnarris
June 13th, 2007, 01:00
Thanks for the info, you guy’s will have to deal with my poor spelling :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I keed...I keed.

Dnarris
June 13th, 2007, 01:32
Also...are we meeting up a little before game time to get things set up?

Dnarris
June 13th, 2007, 03:20
Game time is in 10 minutes....anyone around?

Dnarris
June 13th, 2007, 06:50
Good session guys! See you again on next Tuesday.

endoboy
June 13th, 2007, 06:56
Yes, good game. Looking forward to the next one. But next time is two weeks, right?

Dnarris
June 13th, 2007, 07:02
Yes, good game. Looking forward to the next one. But next time is two weeks, right?

Says on the first page that "The hours will be 7:30pm to 11pm on Tuesdays".

I just assumed that meant every Tuesday.

endoboy
June 13th, 2007, 07:18
on the calendar page for the campaign, it says every other Tuesday. I'm not sure though.

Dnarris
June 13th, 2007, 07:28
I'd wager the calender is correct.

Traygin
June 13th, 2007, 15:39
I think it is every other Tuesday. I think I have a PM from Dragon to that fact.
I hope it is everyother Tuesday, I run a game everyother Monday so I cannot play twice a week (my time constrants only allow me to play once a week).

But all in all a very good game last night.

jmhrivnak
June 13th, 2007, 15:46
Somewhere along the line Dragon mentioned he'd like to do weekly but could only commit to once every other.

Dragon are we going to try for 06/19?

Honestly, my attendance the following two Tuesdays is questionable. I have a business trade show I must attend (MAY be back in time for 06/26) and the following Tuesday is July 3rd so there will likely be some holiday plans (also a MAYBE). Typically I am very available but there are two trade shows I attend every year for work... this one just happens to fall the week before a Holiday.

Fun session yesterday. I look forward to the next whenever it may be.

jmhrivnak
June 13th, 2007, 15:47
Traygin you had mentioned you had some space in your game. What times do you play on Mondays?

Traygin
June 13th, 2007, 15:59
Traygin you had mentioned you had some space in your game. What times do you play on Mondays?

I run a game everyother Monday, and we will be playing this coming Monday the 18th so I will not be able to play in Dragons game if he runs next tuesday. If I start playing too much D&D it will make my wife mad :mad: and I will end up not playing D&D at all :(
You are welcome to join. I may have room for one more person too but let me check. We play every other Monday for 7-10 PDT (GMT -8).

So far we have played 3 sessions. The party is still at 1st level. They could use a Cleric.

jmhrivnak
June 13th, 2007, 16:44
I can relate to the mad wife issues. Your time slot is about a 1/2 hour to an hour too early for me unfortunately though I would love to add another campaign. My wife and kids go to bed about 8:30 - 9:00 (MST) so even this time slot is a little rough for me if the kids decide they don't want to go to bed. I am interested to the point I'll even roll up a character but I better wait a little while and see how this campagin works out with the family before adding a second, particularly since it does intereferes with family time. Give me some details, setting, character generation methods etc... There were a few things I'd like to look at in the Complete Divine handbook if you allow that document.

Thanks,

John

DragonBelow
June 13th, 2007, 19:51
Everyone gets 250xp, this includes a role playing bonus. although it was fun, we didn't accomplish much.

Regarding play time, we're going to play every other Tuesday, there might be the occasional extra session from time to time but this depends on everybody being able to make it.

endoboy
June 25th, 2007, 21:27
Are we on for tomorrow night? Are we going to try and get Ventrillo working, as well? Let's talk about it tonight and maybe try to get Vent working?

Traygin
June 25th, 2007, 21:42
I am up for tomorrow night. As of right now I do not have a Vent. Server. Not sure if any of the other players have a Vent Server or if we will use another VoIP serverice.

Dnarris
June 25th, 2007, 22:53
Well, if someone has a server we can use I'm good to go.

Dnarris
June 26th, 2007, 02:38
Actually I just set up a Ventrillo server that I'm willing to host if anyone is online to help me test it out.

Garignak
June 26th, 2007, 03:17
are you still taking players? I have alot of FR books and am fairly knowledgeable in the realm.

DragonBelow
June 26th, 2007, 07:11
I'll see you tomorrow at the scheduled time.

Regarding Ventrillo, If you can have it ready before the game starts then we can use it.

Garignak, it would be weird to introduce a new character at the current situation, the group really needs is a cleric, you can play one if you want to join.

Garignak
June 26th, 2007, 07:29
Ok...I never played one before...usually i play melee guys. But yeah I understand the cleric and I think it would be a nice change.

Dnarris
June 26th, 2007, 07:32
If you are around, Dragon, if you could help me test the server I'll be able to get it together.

jmhrivnak
June 26th, 2007, 13:55
Hi Guys,

I'm still away on business but if I do not have any issues with my flight I should be home in time for tonights session. I may have to join in a bit after start though. If you guys can drag me along as a human shield, pin cushion, whatever until I can join in I'll jump in as soon as I can get home from the airport and on my computer.

Dnarris
June 26th, 2007, 15:01
I currently have it open and will leave it signed on for the duration of the day. If a player in this campaign will message me and assist me with testing out the Ventrillo server, I will host it for our session this evening.

Dnarris
June 26th, 2007, 15:02
And now that I think about it....I'm a little perturbed that there's 18 votes for what the campaign setting should be and only 4 players.

I had really hoped to get in a Dragonlance campaign at some point.

walter
June 26th, 2007, 16:38
I am interested if you would have me, I would most likely be playing a dwarven fighter or barbarian, because I've played those two classes since I began playing DnD. I voted on FR, because that has been the most common place I have played in.

Traygin
June 26th, 2007, 22:45
Hello All, sorry for the late notice but I will need to cancel out of tonight’s game, a family emergency has come up (my wife had to go to the hospital), I will be in the next game session.

Dragon, if posable if Garignak play’s a Cleric, if you need would you run my Wizard.

Dnarris
June 26th, 2007, 23:45
Well, if anything there are two other characters willing to play. Could always have one of them throw a character together and then give you a background later on.

Garignak
June 27th, 2007, 00:26
I would be willing to play a cleric, should be fun!

Dnarris
June 27th, 2007, 00:53
If I were you I'd go ahead and make your Cleric and have it ready for the session in 2 1/2 hours.

Dragon has the instructions for making your character on the first page.

Just load up FG2 and make your character locally. Then when you log on the server you'll be able to upload that character on the server.

I figure you have better chances of joining the game if you already have a character ready to go.

Garignak
June 27th, 2007, 00:54
Good idea....ill do that now....

One more thing....WHat about alignments? any restrictions?

DragonBelow
June 27th, 2007, 01:03
No evil characters, good preferred

Dnarris
June 27th, 2007, 03:04
What time should we log into the server?

endoboy
June 27th, 2007, 03:07
It's up right now. DragonBelow is trying to log on right now, but I don't hear him. Try it out now.

DragonBelow
June 27th, 2007, 03:08
endoboy I can hear you just fine, but I can't talk, I checked the volume settings, they seem to be fine

endoboy
June 27th, 2007, 03:13
OK, Dragon is on and transmitting. Anyone else need the info for the server?

Dnarris
June 27th, 2007, 03:15
Yeah, I do Endboy. Unless you already e-mailed me.

Garignak
June 27th, 2007, 03:27
ok....I just need to know How much the 28 point buy costs then im all set

Dnarris
June 27th, 2007, 06:57
Great session guys!

Garignak
June 27th, 2007, 06:59
great! Im looking forward to joining.

Dnarris
June 27th, 2007, 10:20
I'm glad you sat in on the session. We'll see you in two weeks.

jmhrivnak
June 27th, 2007, 17:45
Dnarris I agree that was a good session.
Garignak sorry you didn't get worked in yesterday but welcome aboard.
Traygin I hope the wife is ok.

Lvl 2... woohoo!

Garignak
June 27th, 2007, 21:27
thats fine.....Gave me much time to play with FG2 and learn a few things. I just have to fix my vent so my mic works.

Traygin
June 28th, 2007, 23:46
Dnarris I agree that was a good session.
Garignak sorry you didn't get worked in yesterday but welcome aboard.
Traygin I hope the wife is ok.

Lvl 2... woohoo!

Hello, well my wife is doing allright. But again sorry about missing out on the game Tuesday.

What Happened? A was my wizard played?

jmhrivnak
June 29th, 2007, 00:24
Yeah we did bring him along.

We killed a gnoll and his goblin lackeys and found a dead drow in the cave the gnoll and crew were trying to get into.
We haven't sorted out the significance of the drow yet but he had a dagger which was associated with Draenor's clan.
We found the missing teens (boy was eaten, the girl barely alive).

We ended the session back in the no-named town.

That's the short version.

Dnarris
June 29th, 2007, 00:41
Yeah we did bring him along.

We killed a gnoll and his goblin lackeys and found a dead drow in the cave the gnoll and crew were trying to get into.
We haven't sorted out the significance of the drow yet but he had a dagger which was associated with Draenor's clan.
We found the missing teens (boy was eaten, the girl barely alive).

We ended the session back in the no-named town.

That's the short version.

He forgot to mention that Gharun ruled all ;) . Except the worms....but nobody is counting those worms. :D

endoboy
June 29th, 2007, 03:48
He also (kindly) failed to mention how pathetically I was rolling. Not sure those virtual dice are for me yet. I need to work on my virtual mojo. ;-)

Mark

Dnarris
June 29th, 2007, 07:28
He also (kindly) failed to mention how pathetically I was rolling. Not sure those virtual dice are for me yet. I need to work on my virtual mojo. ;-)

Mark

Heh, yeah. I think that for the entire first fight you hit that goblin in front of you maybe once or twice. ^_^

It's okay though....hopefully all our dice rolls will even out.

Dnarris
July 10th, 2007, 19:11
Game tonight, right?

jmhrivnak
July 10th, 2007, 19:29
I'll be available. ...and yes I got a microphone ;)

Traygin
July 10th, 2007, 20:48
I will also be there tonight.

endoboy
July 10th, 2007, 20:50
I'll be there. Bad rolls and all. ;-)

Dnarris
July 10th, 2007, 21:24
Cool, glad to hear from everyone.

Just need to make sure Dragonbelow is still kicking around.

I swear two weeks feels like forever.

I'm assuming the time that was posted on page one will be the same playing time tonight

"The hours will be 7:30pm to 11pm on Tuesdays."

So for us Easter Coasters that'll be 10:30 to 2 AM again.

Traygin
July 10th, 2007, 21:33
Endoboy, are we using the Ventrilo server that you sent me info on?

endoboy
July 10th, 2007, 21:38
East Coasters gonna be tired. ;-)

Yes on the Ventrillo server info, too. See ya then...

Dnarris
July 10th, 2007, 22:14
East Coasters gonna be tired. ;-)

You're telling me. I've already exhausted. I've been up since 6 AM working on my college algebra class preparing for exams on Thursday. It's been non-stop math for me for the last two weeks. >_<

Traygin
July 10th, 2007, 22:26
You're telling me. I've already exhausted. I've been up since 6 AM working on my college algebra class preparing for exams on Thursday. It's been non-stop math for me for the last two weeks. >_<

I feel your pain :dead: I recently finished up a Masters Degree in Computer Science, a lot of late nights!

endoboy
July 10th, 2007, 23:11
Sounds like caffeine time! Bring on the Jolt Cola! ;-)

DragonBelow
July 11th, 2007, 01:59
Guys I am sorry but I can't play tonight, if you can agree on another date everyone can play (weeknights only) to make up for tonight session let me know and we will.

Traygin
July 11th, 2007, 03:06
No problem Dragon, lets say maybe this Thursday but not sure. But in any event two weeks from now will work. I have another game next week, and I am limited to playing once a week :(

Also, EndoBoy I sent you a PM, having problems connecting to Vent.

Garignak
July 11th, 2007, 03:07
Ill be there......But I may be a bit late. have to finish something up. But my cleric will be ready for action if your set to involve me :)

jmhrivnak
July 11th, 2007, 03:13
Thursday works for me

endoboy
July 11th, 2007, 03:37
I can do Thursday. I'll have to cut short my MTB ride night, but I see them every week anyway. I'm looking into the Vent thing, since I couldn't log on either.

Mark

Dnarris
July 11th, 2007, 05:29
Sure, I can do Thursday as well, since that seems to be the general consensus on when we should make up the session so far.

endoboy
July 11th, 2007, 15:09
OK, sorry for this, but I can't make it Thursday. I had plans and didn't check my calendar before I spoke. Just saw a reminder email. I could do Friday or Monday or Tuesday, or we can just wait until next scheduled game.

Traygin
July 11th, 2007, 15:31
OK, sorry for this, but I can't make it Thursday. I had plans and didn't check my calendar before I spoke. Just saw a reminder email. I could do Friday or Monday or Tuesday, or we can just wait until next scheduled game.

Hello All,
Lets just play on our next scheduled day to play to keep it simple. I know I will not be able to play Friday, and next week I am running a game so I am booked up for next week.

Richard

jmhrivnak
July 23rd, 2007, 19:32
Hi All,

Just wanted to check in and see if we were on to game tomorrow night?

Thanks,

John

endoboy
July 23rd, 2007, 19:45
Yup, I'll be there.

Traygin
July 23rd, 2007, 20:52
I will be there. Also, do we have a working VoIP server?

endoboy
July 23rd, 2007, 21:01
We do have a working Ventrillo Server. My friend (who's server it is) found like 20 guys using it as a chatroom and got pretty tweaked, since he didn't know any of them. He just changed the password. I'll get the new one tonight and post it.

Traygin
July 25th, 2007, 03:33
Are we on for tonights game?

endoboy
July 25th, 2007, 03:55
OK, well, that's two sessions in a row that didn't happen with no explanation as to why. It's really too hard for me to schedule time just to have games canceled without notice. So, I'm bowing out now. Good luck in the campaign if it does continue.

jmhrivnak
July 25th, 2007, 16:35
No word on what happened? Anyone?

endoboy and Traygin, I PM'd you guys.

Traygin
July 25th, 2007, 17:44
Endoboy and myself had logged into the Vent server and waited for other players if they had received the new password into. Tried to login to the FG session for no luck.

jmhrivnak
July 25th, 2007, 18:45
I didn't log into the vent server because I couldn't get into FG presumably because there was no host. I hung around for about 30 minutes trying off and on with no response.

endoboy
July 25th, 2007, 19:19
Yeah, there was no one home. We were trying to log on as well.

Traygin
July 30th, 2007, 16:16
Hello Dragon,
Is this game still going to be run? Or are you needing to cancel it for a while?

valden
July 31st, 2007, 21:23
im interested in playing, ill play a human paladin, and i love the forgotten realms. im new to fg so let me know how to get in youre game
thanks, mike