PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Forgotten Realms players

acmer
June 4th, 2007, 18:39
I'm starting a new campaign in a few months (probably much sooner) and I'm looking for players for Forgotten Realms setting. Time zone is GMT +2 (8PM here is 1PM EST I think) and games would be held at evenings on weekdays or any time of day at weekends. Every session can be negotiated separately to make scheduling flexible.

I've never hosted a real session with FG, but have history with DM:ing Twilight 2000, Rolemaster and Runequest. Forgotten Realms is familiar for me through several novels and other random material. D&D experiences limit on PC RPGs and one year of playing FG.

Anyone interested can post here and we'll get an introductory adventure running before actual campaign start.

Honduras
June 4th, 2007, 20:07
I think I am able to play this if schedules are flexible. I kinda work in early and late shifts week by week, so if that's okay, I could play 5 days in the evening of 14 days. Weekends might work too, if it's during the day for me (I'm GMT +1 btw).

To have an idea of duration, your game will probably start at 19:00 my time, and I would be able to play up to 3 hours (need to go to bed early when I have early shift). Weekends I have more time depending if it's not during the gametimes of my other games.

I'm familair with Core D&D 3.5, but the Forgotten Realms setting I only know from the PC games like Baldur's gate series and Neverwinter Nights series, so I have a pretty good idea. I do have the Forgotten Realms book on my PC though, has yet to be read :).

Would like to play a wizard, rogue, warlock or monk. For the introduction adventure I'm willing to play any class.

Mellock
June 4th, 2007, 20:26
Ooh. I'm interested!

Dnarris
June 5th, 2007, 01:06
You can count me in on this one. Hopefully it'll be started sooner than a few months from now! :D

Auly
June 5th, 2007, 04:57
Not sure how things are going to workout at the moment but I'm interested.

acmer
June 5th, 2007, 06:16
More on things:

I'd like to get the characters created as soon as this weekend, if possible, so I can start working on the introductory sessions.

Backgrounds should be made as soon as possible after character creation, including: FR region and other localizations that put you on the map, usual background info (family, wealth etc.), 2 contacts, explanation of characters unusual properties (where did he/she get STR 18? why has he/she just that spell selection etc), other history that can affect your adventuring later.

If you want to use books (character material, some rules, items, spells etc) other than the core material, ask for it and we'll see if it is fair to others if you use it. FR player's guide is not required but it will help.

Mellock
June 5th, 2007, 09:46
I'm doubting between taking a character from a former game (a fighter) or experimenting with an elf rogue. I'll just add that I'm still very new to this, and I would understand perfectly if you'd rather play with people who have a little more experience.

But if you don't mind: Point buy? Roll dice? Log in in while rolling dice?
And if my character was to be a local, where would he be from? :)

Edit: Oh, and also: did you have any type of campeign in mind? Is it basically a huge dungeon crawl? Urban? Wilderness? A mix of mainly any two?

Honduras
June 5th, 2007, 12:38
Indeed. We need to know where we start playing in order to say how we got there.

PS, what is starting level btw?

acmer
June 5th, 2007, 12:41
I'm doubting between taking a character from a former game (a fighter) or experimenting with an elf rogue. I'll just add that I'm still very new to this, and I would understand perfectly if you'd rather play with people who have a little more experience.

I don't mind if someone has little experience. Those who know, teach.

But if you don't mind: Point buy? Roll dice? Log in in while rolling dice?
And if my character was to be a local, where would he be from? :)

You can log in and then roll the dice: 4D6 - lowest. Results under 54 total might be rolled again. If you don't have the Player's guide to Faerun, just put in generally what kind of locale the character is from ("arabic", "oriental", northern, large city, mountains, elven forests, underground etc), and we'll see where he lands in Faerun.

Oh, and also: did you have any type of campeign in mind? Is it basically a huge dungeon crawl? Urban? Wilderness? A mix of mainly any two?

It is something that your characters can decide. I'm not limiting your adventures to one huge cave or a village and a forest nearby. There will be options for your actions. If you hear of a great evil warlord killing thousands of men somewhere, I'm not expecting you to go after him at 1st lvl. I'm trying to keep the happenings somewhat dynamic and then you'll have to choose the path your characters will take. So if you decide to go to underdark and maybe Menzoberranzan, it will definitely be a dungeon crawl (maybe a short one if you head down right away :)), or if you wish to explore the desert of Anauroch it will be something completely different. Silver Marches offers a wide variety of things to do too.

acmer
June 5th, 2007, 12:47
Indeed. We need to know where we start playing in order to say how we got there.

You can decide if you have the maps. Altough I'd suggest you start somewhere near Silverymoon. (that's north near the Evermoors, The High Forest and The Spine of the World)

PS, what is starting level btw?

You start at level 1.

Honduras
June 5th, 2007, 12:56
Okay. I'll play a moon elf wizard evoker. I'll create the character sheet today, and the background tomorrow.

Mellock
June 5th, 2007, 13:09
You can log in and then roll the dice: 4D6 - lowest. Results under 54 total might be rolled again. If you don't have the Player's guide to Faerun, just put in generally what kind of locale the character is from ("arabic", "oriental", northern, large city, mountains, elven forests, underground etc), and we'll see where he lands in Faerun.

Cool! What's your alias for logging in? :)

I'm not limiting your adventures to one huge cave or a village and a forest nearby. There will be options for your actions.

Ah, I was just curious if there was a way to make a "useless" character :) My awesome forgery skills never seem to impress any goblins. :)

Honduras
June 5th, 2007, 13:32
I think he'll give us the alias this weekend. That's what I make up from his post.

Mellock
June 5th, 2007, 13:56
I think he'll give us the alias this weekend. That's what I make up from his post.

Fair enough! :)

Honduras
June 5th, 2007, 13:59
Well, I got started on some basic stuff. Region selection, automatic languages and basic equipment loadout, feats, and abilities.

EDIT: some questions still: Do we use the bonus equipment that you get per region (with ability to take 100 GP instead)?
And, do we use average starting money for a lvl1 character? Or do we roll for that? Or another value you have in mind?

Dnarris
June 5th, 2007, 16:52
I'd actually be interested in making a Human Samurai from Karatur using the Oriental Adventures book. As I'd be interested in eventually making him an Iaijustu sword master.

Of course I'd like to know who will actually be in the game and what they are going to play. It would be nice to have a well rounded party.

Honduras
June 5th, 2007, 17:01
Well, I want to play a wizard, and you have a samurai (which would be our tank class now doubt)

Leaves us wanting for something to detect and disarm traps and open locks, and something that heals.

Mellock
June 5th, 2007, 17:43
I suppose I'll be... ah... something to open doors and pick traps.

acmer
June 5th, 2007, 20:06
some questions still: Do we use the bonus equipment that you get per region (with ability to take 100 GP instead)?
And, do we use average starting money for a lvl1 character? Or do we roll for that? Or another value you have in mind?

Bonus equipment can be chosen from PGF, but no equipment is masterwork. Ability to take 10gp (not 100gp) instead. If you take something, you can't sell it normally before lvl 3. Starting gold is the average of your class from PHB.

I'd actually be interested in making a Human Samurai from Karatur using the Oriental Adventures book. As I'd be interested in eventually making him an Iaijustu sword master.

I'd prefer the samurai from Complete Warrior book if you can get your hands on that, but if not, then you can use the Oriental Adventures one.

When buying and choosing your gear, remeber that I allow most logical things, like "picking" a lock with acid, using oils to prevent hinges from squeaking etc.

Auly
June 6th, 2007, 00:02
What about starting races? Just standard the ones from PHB and FR campaign guide. Also it seems there is a wizard, a warrier, and maybe a rogue?

gracefield
June 6th, 2007, 00:04
Hi guys

I would love to play in this game, I hope I'm not too late. I play a female sorceror, with a little ati-tood, of course...:p

Rgds
Gracefield

acmer
June 6th, 2007, 05:29
What about starting races? Just standard the ones from PHB and FR campaign guide. Also it seems there is a wizard, a warrier, and maybe a rogue?

Yep, races from PHB and PGF. If someone has Races of Faerun, you can use races from there too but ask first.

Looks like there is a wizard, a samurai, a rogue and a sorcerer. Not the best setup but it's your choice.

gracefield, you're not too late. 4-5 players is good.

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 13:38
Actually if someone is willing to play a fighter type.

I'll play a cleric/sorcerer or cleric/wizard and eventually become a mystic theurge of Mystra.

That way we at least have a healer.

Honduras
June 6th, 2007, 13:48
But we'll have 3 wizard/sorceror's then. I don't think they would last long.

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 13:53
That'll be fine.

All you need is someone to play a fighter.

Since there's one wizard, a rogue, and I'll be a cleric starting out.

My first 3 levels with be cleric and depending on my stats the next 3 will be either sorcerer or wizards.

Then as a mystic theurge I get +1 casting level for both cleric and sorcerer/wizard for every level of mystic theurge. I still advance normally for spells known and spells per day. The only thing that doesn't get stronger is my familiar and my turning abilites.

but if I have to I'll stick with a fighter type...maybe something more tanky than a Samurai. We'll still need a healer if no ones willing to do it though.

((As far as I know there aren't going to be 3 spell casters))

Honduras
June 6th, 2007, 14:22
Maybe Gracefield is interested in playing a cleric or a fighter?

If not we can always get a NPC healer in-game. My gamegroup did that before I arrived.

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 15:12
If I play a fighter most likely I'll play a dwarven fighter and become a Dwarven Defender and pick up the shield mate ability.

Like I said depends on whether someone decides to play a fighter or a cleric.

Auly
June 6th, 2007, 15:40
I'm willing to take up fighter if your doing healer Dnarris. Was just trying to think of a healer type I'd like to play.. But if fighter then I can go ranger to dervish or If allowed maybe a swordsage from tome of battle.

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 15:42
Excellent. Thanks Auly. I'll work on making my cleric then.

Auly
June 6th, 2007, 15:42
That's no problem..

It looks like Dnarris (healer part-time nuker/buffer)
Me (fighter)
Mellock (rogue)
Honduras (mage)

I think but please don't quote me on that. Also it would be nice to know when we are starting and what area of Fearun..

Honduras
June 6th, 2007, 15:50
I think but please don't quote me on that. Also it would be nice to know when we are starting and what area of Fearun..

Have you read page 1 & 2?

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 15:55
You can pretty much start your character anywhere you want Auly. Just have something in your background as to why you are in that area.

It seems Acmer wants to do introductory sessions to get our characters set out on the adventure and get everyone together.

He did mention that starting near Silverymoon was a good idea (But most likely not totally necessary)

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 15:59
This sounds like it's going to be fun. I never played a character that could use both arcane and divine magic before, I'll probably be memorizing a lot of protective/buff spells for the party.

Honduras
June 6th, 2007, 16:00
This sounds like it's going to be fun. I never played a character that could use both arcane and divine magic before, I'll probably be memorizing a lot of protective/buff spells for the party.

That's good, as I'll take it more to the offensive with evocation, sleep, charm, and slowing spells

plus, if my dex gets good, I'll be a good archer as well

Auly
June 6th, 2007, 16:01
Honduras: Yes I have but it didn't seem definate.

Dnarris: Thank you. and wall line of spells are always fun. As is Conjuration for amongst other things getting around Magic Resistance and summon help.

Now just to do some background and get the character ready..

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 16:29
I'm not sure if I'll specialize as a wizard, but for my domains as a Cleric, I'll probably take Magic and Good or perhaps Magic and Spell. I've decided since I'm going to be both a Divine caster and Arcane caster that it would probably be most benefical and makes the most sense to be a follower of Mystra since many of her priests are often wizards as well.

So that leaves me to choose from good, knowledge, spell, rune, magic, and Illusion domains to pick from.

I've been trying to decide which would be more useful to me and the party. I do like the fact that if I use magic I get to add half of my cleric levels plus my wizard levels to the use of magic items that require spell completion or a trigger to activate.

And spell seems to be pretty useful as it gives me a free use of mage armor at level one and it has the anyspell spell and greater anyspell as domain spells. Just read a spell from my spell book and wham I have another second level spell use for the day or for greater anyspell and extra 6th level.

Plus it has some useful things like silence, antimagic field, break enchantment and Rary's mnemoic enhancer.

I was curious what you guys thought were most useful out of the domains available to me.

Of course...I'll probably go straight cleric if my stats can't support both divine and arcane caster classes for mystic theurge.

acmer
June 6th, 2007, 18:13
Server is open for about 1-2 hours if someone wants to create a character

vast wand just bard
(no password)

I'm not available all the time, but I'll check the situation occasionally.

Dnarris
June 6th, 2007, 18:26
I'll join to make a character right now ^_^

Honduras
June 6th, 2007, 18:32
I allready did, average stats, none bad (lucky), but none really good neither. But I'll do okay I guess.

acmer
June 7th, 2007, 10:14
My e-mail is:

jari.kuusisto(a)kotiportti.fi

I have the same mail in messenger too (iirc). Also known as Acmer there.

You can send your backgrounds there, but I prefer chatting here or in messenger. E-mail is just for files or large chunks of text.

gracefield
June 7th, 2007, 17:40
Me too...:)

Will stick with basic sorceror if that's OK guys

Gracefield

acmer
June 8th, 2007, 09:01
Sorry I haven't been online for a while, and today it's work all day for me. Tomorrow (saturday) I'll put up the server and we'll finish the characters and sort out all other things that come up too. We're ahead of schedule anyway as I planned doing it all on saturday or sunday anyway.

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 09:04
No worries. I'm ready to log on. ^_^

I figured I'd ask if anyone else might be interested in taking up the role of healer.

I've been thinking about it and I'm not exactly sure I'll be all that happy doing it.

I suppose if no one else cares to do it I'll stick with it, I guess.

gracefield
June 8th, 2007, 09:13
I don't mind doing healer, but I've never done it before - if you guys are willing to have a little patience, then I don't mind giving it a go :o

Will the server be available all day on Saturday, BTW?

Gracefield (Russ)

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 09:17
Gracefield, you'd be my hero if you'd take up the healing mantle.

I just got a bunch of new books and there's so many things in them I'm really excited to try.

gracefield
June 8th, 2007, 11:39
Ok then, I shall don my clerical robes for this one.

:)

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 11:41
My hero!

Now all I have to do is somehow convince Acmer to give me clean slate for a stat re-roll.

That 8 and 6 are making me cry. The 18 I got isn't even worth it. I'd been happy with a bunch of 10s and a 14 or two ^_^

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 12:02
Oh! I know! If Acmer lets me reroll my stats, I'll make a crusader and make him from the same chruch/worship the same diety as your Cleric.

We can work out some background story together and I could be your bodyguard!

I'd have fun with that!

Honduras
June 8th, 2007, 12:44
Oh! I know! If Acmer lets me reroll my stats, I'll make a crusader and make him from the same chruch/worship the same diety as your Cleric.

We can work out some background story together and I could be your bodyguard!

I'd have fun with that!

You realize your stats could get worse do you? :). I'm just wondering why not use the rolled stats from your first character?

gracefield
June 8th, 2007, 15:40
As a matter of interest guys, I have Forgotten Realms player guide on pdf. Anyone who is playing in this game can have a copy - just PM me.

Also, I'm not sure I can get on to create my character this Saturday - could somebody tell me when the game is actually supposed to be played?

Thanks
Gracefield:)

Honduras
June 8th, 2007, 15:53
A possible alternative could be that the DM rolls your abilities if you really can't make it. But lets wait and see.

Auly
June 8th, 2007, 17:57
Dnarris thought you were going to do the multiclass sorc/wiz and cleric. To bad there isn't a multiclass feat like the ones in Complete Scoundrel for divine/arcane casters..

Honestly I still like the idea of that multiclass character but to do it right you have to blunt your advancement in both for later gains. Since it takes 3 lvls divine caster/ 3lvls arcane caster.

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 19:34
Well, the fact is I was thinking of the overall usefulness of my character in the group and we really don't need another caster.

Plus like I said, I got a bunch of new books yesterday and I got really excited about trying some stuff in there, rather than old stuff I've played before.

Playing a crusader will be far more useful to the group just by the fact that many of his maneuvers allow me to heal myself or other players in the party.

Plus many of the maneuvers provide buffs for the party or debuffs to the enemy.

I think it'd make a great addition to our current set up.

As for the stats, I realize that my stats could get worse, but I'm think my chances of rolling better stats are higher.

Having a 6 and 8 in my stats just doesn't sit right with me. If Acmer will let me reroll, I'll give it a shot and take my chances.

Auly
June 8th, 2007, 19:43
Alright.. just was a thought.. two casters working together can be lethal combo of casting. Now we are both going to play fighters and that is kewl too.

Just so long as everyone has fun. BTW are you doing the Crusader from Tome of Battle.

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 19:48
That's pretty much the whole idea, Auly. I just want to make sure I'll have fun playing what I am and doing what I am.

Yeah, I'd like to play the Crusader from Tome of Battle. I just got the book yesterday and I've already read it from cover to cover and I just absolutely love martial maneuvers and martial stances.

I've always wanted a system to come out for sword fighters like this and it's finally here!

Auly
June 8th, 2007, 19:53
I read the book the other day as well.. and would love to play a swordsage. With either shadow or desert.

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 19:57
Far as I can tell nothing is set in stone yet....why don't you play a swordsage?

I guarantee that if I play a crusader he's plenty enough of tank/damage taker.

From what I read Swordsages become pretty nice for dealing damage they can almost rival the raw damage of a spellcaster with their later level maneuvers.

Auly
June 8th, 2007, 20:06
Yeah I noticed that.. specially with desert there is a lot of +d6 damage manuvers and feats. Plus with d8 hit die they can take some decent damage to.. The problem is that their Bab isn't that great..

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 20:10
I noticed the BAB thing...seems like they are on a +3 bab every four levels gain.

But they do happen to have the highest number of maneuvers known and the highest number of maneuvers readied.

I think at level 1 you get 6 maneuvers known and 4 readied.

Crusader gets 5 known and 2 granted. Yes a Crusader can get all 5 maneuvers, but his granted and maneuvers are given to him randomly as divine insight.

While you could just chose what you want readied at any given time.

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 20:16
Also wanted to point out that Swordsages get 6+int x6 for their skill points ^_^

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 20:26
I'm chomping at the bit here! I'm ready to get some play time in :ogre:

Auly
June 8th, 2007, 20:52
Very true and very nice on the skills.. Though I'd go for fewer skills for more Bab.. but *shrug*

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 21:25
Well you can't knock the effectiveness of a well played ranger/dervish.

Auly
June 8th, 2007, 21:27
Very true.. and I guess those are my choices.. Ranger/dervish or swordsage (if allowed)

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 22:18
Well, I think on average as a ranger/dervish you'll have a higher bab, higher hit points, more mobility, and more attacks per round.

As a Swordsage you'd have a higher upper end damage output from what I can tell.

Auly
June 8th, 2007, 22:38
Aye and a bit more flexibility.

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 22:56
Which one are you leaning towards?

Auly
June 8th, 2007, 23:07
Swordsage because of the flexibility and because I got another character that I'm going to make a ranger/dervish.. Though part of me thinks that swordsage/dervish might be fun too..

Dnarris
June 8th, 2007, 23:45
A swordsage/dervish might be insane ^_^

Auly
June 9th, 2007, 00:17
would take a while you need 3 feats(outside of weapon focus that swordsages get), and a +5 Bab which means that 9th lvl will be the earliest you can get it. Could be a lot of fun though.

Dnarris
June 9th, 2007, 04:58
Well, what I like about Acmer is the fact that he sounds like he wants a long running campaign. I love that, because it gives us as players a chance to watch our characters grow and develop.

I would love nothing more than to take our characters into epic levels.

Dnarris
June 9th, 2007, 05:30
If anyone is available by AIM or MSN messenger let me know. I'm interested in talking about character builds and perhaps some team/duo tactics.

Honduras
June 9th, 2007, 05:39
PM sent with MSN info Dnarris

Dnarris
June 9th, 2007, 05:44
Alrighty, I'll contact you in a moment then.

Honduras
June 9th, 2007, 06:45
Is it okay that Dnarris and I swap our stats? I could do with higher intellignece, and he could do without low stats.

Another question I have is if I can take the breastplate bonus equipment and sell it (for half or full value I don't know) and buy other equipment with the money I make (would get a longbow and potion)

Dnarris
June 9th, 2007, 07:02
I have no problem switching stats as we'd both benefit more from the exchange or allowing us a reroll. Whichever you'd allow, Acmer. ^_^

Dnarris
June 9th, 2007, 09:45
Acmer has decided to let us do our stats based on a 32 point buy. The costs are as following:

1-8: 0 per point
9-14: 1 per point
15-16: 2 per point
17-18: 3 per point

He has also left the server open for most of the day. I'll PM the alias and password to everyone.

Mellock
June 9th, 2007, 09:54
Ah, good :)

I just figured out only Knowledge(local) is a class skill for me, and I think I pulled a Homer on my equipment as well.

Man I hate being the noob. :confused:

Dnarris
June 9th, 2007, 10:50
Wow, I forgot you were even involved. I'll pm you the server info now.

acmer
June 9th, 2007, 21:44
Everyone that is still interested in the campaign, post your characters name, race, class, region, (deity). You can X out something if you don't want others to know something.

This is so that we see who plays what, how many players we have and I can start working on the story"line".

Dnarris
June 9th, 2007, 21:59
Alright, is the server back up Acmer?

Honduras
June 10th, 2007, 06:14
Everyone that is still interested in the campaign, post your characters name, race, class, region, (deity). You can X out something if you don't want others to know something.

This is so that we see who plays what, how many players we have and I can start working on the story"line".

Name: Ulfgar
Race: Shield Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Region: Spine of the World (Moradin)

Dnarris
June 10th, 2007, 06:32
Going to hop on messenger Honduras?

acmer
June 10th, 2007, 10:21
This goes to all. Even if you already have created a character, post the info here, so we see you are still in the game. And those who wish to join the team, post some info of your preferred char and we'll see if it fits in.

gracefield
June 10th, 2007, 10:52
Guys
Am still in for this game - was away with family yesterday. Hope to get something done today.
Gracefield :)

Honduras
June 10th, 2007, 10:58
PM sent to you Gracefield with server info

gracefield
June 10th, 2007, 12:08
Thanks Honduras, we've just spoken.

I am creating a tall, green-eyed human female cleric who goes by the name of Selendra. I have basic stats completed, but need to bone-up on some regional info and get her background sorted. Hopefully have all of this done by end of today (Sunday - GMT).

Best wishes
Gracefield :p

Mellock
June 10th, 2007, 13:04
Name: Aerim Vargas
Race: moon elf
Class: rogue
Region: Waterdeep
Deity: Oghma

Auly
June 10th, 2007, 23:10
Name: Ana Celewe
Race: Moon Elf
Class: Swashbuckler
Region: Silverymoon
Deity: Corellon Larethian

ElementEvil
June 11th, 2007, 02:02
Name: Naniharrow Bel-Caire
Race: Human
Class: Wizard
School: (Unearther Arcana Variant: Domain Wizard: Storm)
Region: Cormyr
Diety:Azuth

I chose Domain wizard Storm, because the variant doesn't restrict access to a school of magic, but allows 1 extra spell, albiet you can't choose which extra. hope thats okay, if not ill go generalized studies

ElementEvil
June 11th, 2007, 02:09
err, i guess you guys are already battling for arcane spellcaster dominance... and im guessing that two spellcasters are one spellcaster too many..

so id rather play a mage-blade, from arcana evolved, id liek to start experimenting with melee fighting, but i do like spells.

Auly
June 11th, 2007, 05:07
Two casters working together can be devistating. specially if they compliment each others spells.

acmer
June 11th, 2007, 06:35
Now there's:

fighter (Honduras)
rogue (Mellock)
warblade (Dnarris)
swashbuckler (Auly)
cleric (gracefield) *incomplete*
wizard (ElementEvil) *no character*

There's also an incomplete character by "deidre", whoever he/she is.

I'm starting to work on the initial setting now, so any changes should be made ASAP. I'll put up the server if someone needs it.

Mellock: there's a rogue variant, wilderness rogue, in unearthed arcana if you wish to use that. Both rogue types are useful, but it's an option.

Honduras
June 11th, 2007, 06:48
Well, you might put up the server, I hope the alias hasn't changed again.

I might still want to change to a fighter, either dwarf or human

Dnarris
June 11th, 2007, 07:47
I'm still playing a warrior type.

Just working out the details.

Dnarris
June 11th, 2007, 07:48
Server isn't up?

Honduras
June 11th, 2007, 08:48
I changed towards a shield dwarf fighter.

gracefield
June 11th, 2007, 12:46
That's probably a good move, Honduras,the extra melee power will be welcome. I'll definitely get details of my cleric build sorted tonight (hopefully - always so damned busy!! :( )

Rgds
Gracefield

acmer
June 11th, 2007, 21:06
Gracefield and ElementEvil, if you are going to play, let's hear from you. Your chars would be a great add to the team, although I'd prefer 5 or less players.

I'm progressing fairly well with the campaign. Your initial setting is mostly ready and I'm waiting for your backgrounds to pinpoint your start.

Dnarris
June 11th, 2007, 21:08
Character name: Faulkner
Class: Warblade
Region: Lurien
Diety: Tempus

I was in the process of finishing my character and the server went down. Pretty much everything was done except for a few odds and ends for my equipment.

gracefield
June 11th, 2007, 21:41
Right, char info:

Character name: Selendra
Race: Human female
Class: Cleric
Deity: Lathander
Region: the Dalelands.

Hope that fits the bill
Gracefield

PS the incomplete char by 'Deidre' is my character

acmer
June 11th, 2007, 22:50
Gracefield, if you could finish your char tomorrow (tuesday), that would be great. The server will be up again tomorrow around 12 GMT+2. I'm waiting for backgrounds.

gracefield
June 11th, 2007, 23:06
Yes, can finish it tomorrow, but won't get on until about 7pm GMT.

Auly
June 12th, 2007, 02:24
As far as backgrounds go I believe I have one on the bottom of the web page that has my initial character sheet. If you require more just say so and I'll work it out.

acmer
June 12th, 2007, 06:59
gracefield, I can open the server as early as 6am GMT, if you can do it in the morning.

The backgrounds I've got are a bit short. Here's a background generator which generates fairly decent NPC backgrounds. A good example of what I'm expecting from you.
https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20010112e

Honduras
June 12th, 2007, 07:40
Sent you my new char's background info Acmer.

gracefield
June 12th, 2007, 08:06
Guys
I can probably finish this tonight if the server is open - but I'm a magazine editor in RL and am up to my eyes with work at the moment :( There seems to be a fair amount of pressure to move this along quickly and that's good, I'm just not sure I can keep up.

If you can leave the server open tonight, I'll do my best ti finish the stats and PM you some background, Acmer - best I can do.

Cheers
Gracefield

Honduras
June 12th, 2007, 09:25
I'll share my (approved by Acmer) background here to give you guys and idea of what he expects:

Ulfgar hails from a smell prospecting camp in the more rugged and uninhabited parts of the Spine of the World. The camp itself is home to a few poor but upright families (some 30 individuals) let by it's elders. They hope to find some unknown ore veins in the mountains to finally strike it rich. Ulfgar's family is well regarded in this community. He has one older brother (Udin) and both his parents are alive (Naglfar & Disa). The community is deeply religious to Moradin.

Early childhood:

In his early childhood, Ulfgar got separated from his family while taking a hike in the mountains. He was unlucky to come across a goblin who menaced him badly. He was lucky his parents noticed this in time and were able to save him. He floated between life and death for weeks after, but he made it. From that time on he has a blind hatred for goblins and their allies.

Youth events:

The community was attacked by raiders. Ulfgar played a major role in defeating these foes, recklessly charging in trough their ranks and severing the bandit leader's head with his dwarven waraxe. Though the elders were concerned afterwards this aggression might be related to his past experience with the goblins, they yet praised him for his bravery and determination.

As he grew up further, Ulfgar has few friends. He keeps to himself, and takes long strolls of the village edge, looking outwards. One day one of the elders approached him and talked to him about what mattered. Ulfgar told him he was no longer truly happy staying here. He'd like to see the world, kill goblins & orcs, and bring back riches to get the community out of poverty since they still hadn't found a good ore or mithril veign. The elder agreed and supplied Ulfgar with whatever potions and equipment he could spare. He cautioned him to be carefull, and have a bountyfull voyage.

Note: Ulfgar has one enemy that hasn't revealed himself since the bandit assault. The leader's 2nd in command. He has secretly sworn revenge on both the community and Ulfgar.

acmer
June 12th, 2007, 09:56
That's done with the help of Hero builders guidebook, and it's relatively easy and fast to create something like that.

I'd prefer the backgrounds to my e-mail.
Auly, you might see that your bg is not quite what I expect.
Dnarris, I haven't got your bg.
Others that wish to join can PM me and I'll set up the server so you can create a char and make a bg for it.

Mellock
June 12th, 2007, 10:59
Mellock, your bg is 404.

Figured you would have downloaded it. I'll put it in the mail.

gracefield
June 12th, 2007, 19:46
Acmer

Background for Selendra has been PM'd to you

Gracefield

BTW - Have not been able to connect to server to complete char creation. Can someone confirm the server details please?

Ta

Dnarris
June 12th, 2007, 21:37
I PM'ed you the most recent server details that I had just now.

I tried it as well, but got no connection.

gracefield
June 12th, 2007, 21:52
OK, thanks Dnarriss
Can't complete char if the server isn't up
:cry:

acmer
June 13th, 2007, 12:58
Sorry for not being online for a while, but I was really busy. Background for Selendra was good and it fits my plans perfectly. I'll have the server up this evening, and it's up now too.

kepli
June 13th, 2007, 13:59
I haven't read all the pages with posts of this thread, but if you might need another player, I may be able to join. ;)

acmer
June 13th, 2007, 14:32
We have more than enough players, but some of them are not very active. After the weekend I'll decide the players, and if there's not enough actives, you might be able to join.

acmer
June 13th, 2007, 14:48
I'm still missing a background from Auly and Dnarris. Honduras, Mellock and gracefield are basically ready to go.

gracefield
June 13th, 2007, 16:13
I sent Dnarris a couple of source book pdf's late last night, so he may well be having a look at those before he finishes his background :)

Auly
June 13th, 2007, 18:42
I'll be finishing mine today.. Trying to expand on what I already have..

acmer
June 13th, 2007, 19:20
Server is open if someone needs it. Same login info.

acmer
June 13th, 2007, 21:01
Discussion will be moved to:
https://s7.invisionfree.com/Forgotten_Grounds/index.php

Dnarris
June 14th, 2007, 02:01
Background is the hardest part for me, but I'll have it done shortly.

Mellock
June 14th, 2007, 08:15
I'll just post this here before I register on the other boards: we've got three fighters and no wizard. Does anyone still feel like rounding the party out more?

Dnarris
June 14th, 2007, 08:40
Yeah, I'll play a wizard.

scytale2
June 17th, 2007, 01:12
Are you still looking for players?

Dnarris
June 17th, 2007, 04:41
As far as I know the game is full.

acmer
June 18th, 2007, 08:13
I have only 3 backgrounds in my hands, so basically we have 3 players now. There's a few waiting for an opportunity though, so I guess there's no openings now.