PDA

View Full Version : Backup Db Location

ShaneB
June 4th, 2007, 11:24
Crash. Backup DB message on started of campaign: where is the backup db file?

FG2, WinXP SP2

Griogre
June 4th, 2007, 17:51
Go to the start menu. Select the FG2 and then click on Data Appication Folder. Open the Campaigns folder. Select the campaign that crashed if you have more than one campaign. In that campaign folder look for a file that has bak or backup in its name (I can't remember what it is exactly). You should have a db.xml file in that folder in their also. Move this file to the desktop or rename it to save it in case you end up wanting it and then rename the backup file to db.xml. Then just start FG2 and that campaign.

ShaneB
June 5th, 2007, 10:14
Thanks for that. But the file isn't there. Probably answered the dialog that appeared during the restart incorrectly.

Dachannien
June 5th, 2007, 22:47
That message box is sort of a holdover from an older version of FG. My observation has been that the backup file gets deleted as soon as you answer the message box, and a new backup gets created in its place just in case FG crashes again.

I usually keep backups of the last two or three versions of my campaign by just copying that campaign's folder after each FG session because the db.xml crash backup works so strangely.