PDA

View Full Version : Channel Energy Question?

EzraCaleb
January 5th, 2021, 09:20
Hello

I have a question about channel energy.

the PFSRD says :
The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage for every two cleric levels beyond 1st.

is each creature healed for this total amount ? or does the total amount split up to all creatures ?

i think that makes mass cure light wounds obsolete.

Channel energy at CL 11 = 6d6
mass cure light wounds at CL 11 = 1d8+11

I am a spammer

Phixation
January 5th, 2021, 09:35
yes but no. each creature does get the rolled amount for channel. But channel energy can only be used to heal or harm while mass cures can heal your allies and harm your undead foes. also no feat required to choose who get heals and who doesn't with mass cures

also post this in pathfinder not 3.5e :)

Svandal
January 5th, 2021, 11:34
Hello

I have a question about channel energy.

the PFSRD says :
The amount of damage dealt or healed is equal to 1d6 points of damage plus 1d6 points of damage for every two cleric levels beyond 1st.

is each creature healed for this total amount ? or does the total amount split up to all creatures ?

i think that makes mass cure light wounds obsolete.

Channel energy at CL 11 = 6d6
mass cure light wounds at CL 11 = 1d8+11

Thanks

A couple of points. Channel energy is avalible to only a couple of classes while spells are avalible to more classes and everybody with use magical device.

The other point is that pathfinder and especially spells are not balanced. There are a handfull of spells/feats/classes/things that are superior to most other things. So you will find a lot of these cases, thing A works just like thing B, but thing A is better in all ways 😃

That is why pathfinder/3.5 is fun thiugh. Not having to balance things gives us lots of options, and we can balance things within the playgroup

damned
April 7th, 2021, 04:38
just another spammer