PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Class Guide Not Loading

thendrich
January 5th, 2021, 08:14
Hello, all -

I'm a new Fantasy Grounds Unity user, and I hope this is the right place to post this.

[B}I just purchased the Advanced Class Guide and it is not loading.[/B]

Can you shed some insight on why that is happening?

Here are two screenshots which show the problem. The Data Module Activation Screen shows that the book has been loaded, while the Module Set Load screen shows that it hasn't.

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Tom Hendrich

damned
January 5th, 2021, 08:29
Welcome thendrich

I would check that your license key is correct, re-enter your login info.
Delete the ACG from the /vault folder.
Rerun the updater and try again.

thendrich
January 5th, 2021, 08:30
Thanks, @damned.

I'll be back soon with an answer.

thendrich
January 5th, 2021, 08:43
@damned - I manually removed the Advanced Class Guide modules with the other two modules I purchased this morning (Advanced Players Guide and Ultimate Combat). I reupdated using the FGU updated and things appear right. License is valid, etc. Even inside the actual application, it appears that the ACG is loaded, but it doesn't register the Module Set Load screen.

Should I worry about this or let it slide?

damned
January 5th, 2021, 09:23
Can you access the data? If you cant access the data then definitely dont let it slide.
You might log a ticket at https://support.fantasygrounds.com
If you do, also include a screenshot showing the chat window showing the ruleset versions and any extensions
as well as a screen shot of the Library

thendrich
January 5th, 2021, 09:30
@damned - Thanks. I'll submit a ticket.

Trenloe
January 5th, 2021, 10:40
It's a mismatch between the module name and the name used in the PFRPG ruleset data_desktop_PFRPG.lua file - which details the modules available in the campaign setup groupings. Please log a ticket with support so that this can get addressed. Thanks for raising the issue.

thendrich
January 5th, 2021, 12:06
Thank you, @Trenloe.

I just submitted a ticket.

shadowcat34
January 5th, 2021, 20:45
@damned - I manually removed the Advanced Class Guide modules with the other two modules I purchased this morning (Advanced Players Guide and Ultimate Combat). I reupdated using the FGU updated and things appear right. License is valid, etc. Even inside the actual application, it appears that the ACG is loaded, but it doesn't register the Module Set Load screen.

Should I worry about this or let it slide?

Hi hendrich, I will check personally what the bug might be tonight when I’m home. I think on the last update I did I had a mismatch in the spelling of the book. I might just push a new update from scratch and make sure everything work as intended. I thought the bug was fixed but maybe not. If it’s related to something else I’ll figure it out for you and get you a working title soon.

Sorry about all this

Shadowcat

thendrich
January 5th, 2021, 22:07
Thanks you so much, @shadowcat34!

shadowcat34
January 6th, 2021, 01:52
Thanks you so much, @shadowcat34!

Hi Thendrich, i just logged in myself. I removed my "homemade version" (that i used to create the official version) to be sure i looked at the current official version and updated fantasy grounds (the update came out today) after a long while (lots of updates) i logged in the official advanced class guide with no problem on my own. before investigating further i would ask you to be sure you have the updated version of ACG. if it's still not loading for you we will see what further action need to be taken ok?

shadowcat

Trenloe
January 6th, 2021, 09:27
Hi Thendrich, i just logged in myself. I removed my "homemade version" (that i used to create the official version) to be sure i looked at the current official version and updated fantasy grounds (the update came out today) after a long while (lots of updates) i logged in the official advanced class guide with no problem on my own. before investigating further i would ask you to be sure you have the updated version of ACG. if it's still not loading for you we will see what further action need to be taken ok?
To clarify, as it's not obvious from this post what steps you took...

The issue is not loading the ACG in general - i.e. opening the module from the Library -> Module activation window.

The issue is that the module isn't activated via the campaign startup "module set" activation ("Pathfinder - All Rules" button), because the name hard coded in the PFRPG ruleset doesn't match the module name:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42628

If the Campaign Setup window doesn't appear when you start a campaign, you can get to the window via the "Setup" button at the bottom of the campaign Options window.

I don't have the ACG, but judging by the screenshot provided in post #1, the ACG has a name of "Pathfinder RPG - Advanced Class Guide" but the ruleset is looking for "Pathfinder - Advanced Class Guide".

Sorry of this is where you've already checked/tested.

shadowcat34
January 6th, 2021, 10:33
To clarify, as it's not obvious from this post what steps you took...

The issue is not loading the ACG in general - i.e. opening the module from the Library -> Module activation window.

The issue is that the module isn't activated via the campaign startup "module set" activation ("Pathfinder - All Rules" button), because the name hard coded in the PFRPG ruleset doesn't match the module name:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42628

If the Campaign Setup window doesn't appear when you start a campaign, you can get to the window via the "Setup" button at the bottom of the campaign Options window.

I don't have the ACG, but judging by the screenshot provided in post #1, the ACG has a name of "Pathfinder RPG - Advanced Class Guide" but the ruleset is looking for "Pathfinder - Advanced Class Guide".

Sorry of this is where you've already checked/tested.

I was too rushed to check it properly last night but I see what the problem might be and I’ll fix it properly tonight. Thanks trenloe

shadowcat34
January 7th, 2021, 14:39
I was too rushed to check it properly last night but I see what the problem might be and I’ll fix it properly tonight. Thanks trenloe

So I looked at everything last night and all the names are the same in all the places. All this leaves me puzzled as it work as intended: loading and displaying the reference manual etc,

Unfortunately I don’t see what I could do as everything seems normal on our end. I know there was a bug with the campaign name but the update took care of that

Sorry

Probably not the answer you were looking for

Shadowcat

ddavison
January 7th, 2021, 15:20
Thanks Trenloe.

The Load Modules screen is a shortcut to allow you to load them all at once instead of manually. The problem is with the name mismatch there, but you can still manually load the Advanced Class Guide from modules and use the module without issue. We will push a future update to get these two names in sync.