PDA

View Full Version : Question about Upgrading from FGC to FGU

Masternecros
January 4th, 2021, 16:46
If I upgrade from FG Classic to FG Unity do I lose access to FG C? I'm worried that some of my players machines may not be able to handle the GF Unity software.

Oh, and all the official D&D 5e content I have previously purchases will be usable to Unity as well, correct?

LordEntrails
January 4th, 2021, 16:50
Assuming you are using a one-time license and not a subscription, then no, you will not lose access to FGC.

All your content purchased from the FG Store or Steam will automatically download into FGU when you install and update FGU.

Make sure you do not use the same FG Data folder for both FGC and FGU.

See here for details on migrating campaigns; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55522-How-to-Migrate-a-FGC-Campaign-to-FGU

Trenloe
January 4th, 2021, 16:51
If I upgrade from FG Classic to FG Unity do I lose access to FG C?
No.

Oh, and all the official D&D 5e content I have previously purchases will be usable to Unity as well, correct?
Official FG products, yes. Others (community products, etc.) may need minor formatting conversions.

Imagix
January 4th, 2021, 17:05
"I'm worried that some of my players machines may not be able to handle the GF Unity software."

Note, however, that FGC cannot connect to FGU. So if you upgrade (and use) FGU, your players who are still using FGC will not be able to play.

Masternecros
January 4th, 2021, 17:10
Thanks, I think that these answers coupled with the sale and discount have made the sale....