PDA

View Full Version : Added damage to target effect

tmsooner
January 3rd, 2021, 01:50
I'm wanting to create an effect that I would add to an enemy in the combat tracker that would add DMG:1 to every roll when that creature takes damage.

Player has a weapon that makes the enemy wounded or bleeding or whatever you call it, so going forward, every time it takes damage it suffers an additional point (or two, three etc if I want it to stack over time).

Any thoughts on a good way to handle this, or is it even possible? I have seen effects for a Warlock Hex spell that works very well, but that is primarily added to the Player and not the enemy.

Thanks,
Matt

Zacchaeus
January 3rd, 2021, 09:50
Use DMGO. The player, when they hit the target, would apply DMGO: 1, <damagetype> to the target. At the start of the targets turn it will take that amount of damage. If it gets hit again then apply the same effect again and it will then take two points of damage at the start of it's next turn. See vidoe three hhhere https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?41478-Effects-Videos-for-5E

tmsooner
January 3rd, 2021, 18:02
Not exactly what I was looking for but I can make that work. Thanks for your help, you guys are always awesome!

Zacchaeus
January 3rd, 2021, 18:24
Sorry, I misunderstood your post a little. To do what you'd want there's a couple of ways. The easiest would be for any player striking the NPC to add a 1 to the modifier box before they roll damage. The second would be to create an effect of DMG: 1 and add that to any creature dealing damage to the affected NPC. The third most complicated option would be to create an effect of 'Wounded' (or whatever else you want) and apply that to the NPC; and then apply an effect of IFT: CUSTOM(Wounded);DMG: 1 to every character that might harm the NPC that is wounded. If the extra damage should only come from melee or ranged weapons you can refine the damage using DMG: 1, melee or whatever.