PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with image files

keltheos
June 3rd, 2007, 08:35
I know enough about data management to be dangerous, so be gentle.

I upgraded to FG2, which seems great so far, but I just now attempted to load a JPG image into FG and it does not show up.

I do not have a set of campaign files under the FG2 folder, they are still under my FG1 folder, but FG2 has found them. I put the JPG into the images folder and nothing. Restarted FG2, nothing.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? There's even a hand-drawn image from a past in-game session and that can't be accessed either.

Dachannien
June 3rd, 2007, 09:03
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5922

keltheos
June 3rd, 2007, 21:49
Good lord, that's wild.

SniperDM
June 4th, 2007, 03:36
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the new file tree has something to do with making FGII more compatible with Windows Vista or somesuch. I've seen a few other older programs do this recently too.

Griogre
June 4th, 2007, 04:03
You need to do this to make it vista compliant. You were suppose to do it this way for XP but it was not enforced by the OS. Vista enforces the seperation of user data and program data.

TarynWinterblade
June 4th, 2007, 06:40
You need to do this to make it vista compliant. You were suppose to do it this way for XP but it was not enforced by the OS. Vista enforces the seperation of user data and program data.

I figured something like this was going on when a few of my programs stopped keeping updated files when I moved over to Vista.

*pokes the OS* It's still... cumbersome at times...

As for the problem, it's not that FG2 is referencing the FG1 folders, it's because when you install FG2, it copies all of your campaigns / etc from FG1, if FG1 is installed.

Griogre
June 4th, 2007, 07:34
Taryn on the vista thing, look for you data changes in the virtual store. On older programs to maintain backwards compatibilty vista just puts any changes in the virtual store and fakes the program into thinking its reading from program files.

keltheos
June 4th, 2007, 17:57
Yeah, I'm running XP, but after making the hidden files visible it worked like a charm. Dropped a shortcut to the file on my desktop to avoid hunting in the future. Thanks for the help.