PDA

View Full Version : Notes Tab too small

sphilps
June 3rd, 2007, 03:44
Perhaps it's just me, but I like to keep notes on the status of the game as they go on inside of my 'notes' tab.

However, after you go past the first page, things get very difficult, because it doesn't have a scrollbar, and the scrollwheel on the mouse doesn't work. Meaning anytime I want to type anything new, I have to push down until I get to the end.

Would it be possible to either create a 'notes section' where you can create notes per game locally, or add in a scrollbar in the notes tab?

NymTevlyn
June 3rd, 2007, 04:14
Hold down ctrl and click on the bottom-right corner of the Notes window. You can resize it that way.

sphilps
June 3rd, 2007, 04:37
this is part of the character sheet, so it didn't work for me.

NymTevlyn
June 3rd, 2007, 04:43
Oh that notes page. I thought you were talking about the notes you can set using the menu thing on the side.

sphilps
June 3rd, 2007, 07:02
Yeah, I'm playing a local game, and like to keep notes on the games (since we place once a week). So what I'm asking for is either to make that notes page on the character sheet more usable, or to add a completely separate notes section, where I can create a 'note' for each session, much like the GM tools.

Griogre
June 3rd, 2007, 08:18
Why don't you just use either the storybook or the notes for players?

acmer
June 3rd, 2007, 09:20
It might not be the right solution here, but even if FG is a virtual tabletop RPG, you can still use old-fashioned pen and paper occasionally.

sphilps
June 24th, 2007, 02:14
Well, the storybook isn't available to me, because I didn't create a campaign just for this.

Actually, it'd be nice to have the whole single player side of things updated for a 'game' mode. Nothing fancy, just giving a mix of the features for the online. A version of the GM notes page, a roll box (with tallies), etc.

Sigurd
June 24th, 2007, 05:05
It might not be the right solution here, but even if FG is a virtual tabletop RPG, you can still use old-fashioned pen and paper occasionally.

If I were a developer this would be sending up alarm bells - FG should have enough functionality to remove this need. I hope they are reading this.

Sigurd