PDA

View Full Version : Looking to start a campaign either late Jan. or early Feb!

Ron Lumsden
January 1st, 2021, 23:38
Experienced DM looking for 3-4 players to create an epic story together.

FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity- DM has Ultimate License, no purchase necessary.
Game System:5e with some home-brew

Time Zone: CST (USA)
Day of week and time: Looking to host a Sunday or Monday game - Time is flexible

Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hour sessions scheduled. We can run later than that as the story allows or if players wish. We will meet EVERY week.

Term: LONT TERM COMMITMENT IS REQUIRED;
Looking to start late Jan- Early Feb. will start with a session zero so players can introduce themselves and work out a backstory.

Text or Voice: Voice and text
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Campaign has been pretty heavy RP so far. DM encourages RP but still plenty of combat. DM will lean heavily on RP as descriptions of NPCs/Combat actions and spells.
As well as describing hits and misses.
Expect players to want to do the same.

Number of Players in game & needed: Currently have 1 player, and looking to fill to 4 more spots.
Looking for players that are willing to work together for the greater good of the swordcoast

Character starting level & equipment: This adventure will start at 1rst level and I have planned material to get up to 15th.

Character restrictions: DM has all source material and books. No restrictions beyond NO Unearthed Arcana .

Details of your scenario: Will be discussed at session zero - but think regular 5E that leans Heavily into character growth and development.

Things will be a little more Gritty! I want a lower magic world, (will explain in session zero)
System shock will be used as will rerolling initiative every round

NOT A FIRST COME - FIRST IN, KIND OF GAME,
LOOKING FOR PLAYERS THAT WILL FIT WELL TOGETHER TO HAVE FUN.

Nighthawke
January 2nd, 2021, 01:33
I'm very interested, but only if the game ends up being on Sunday morning or any time Mondays. Your game sounds like what I've been looking for, not just a hack n slash, but actual character development.

DanKaufman
January 2nd, 2021, 01:42
I'm interested, and I can finally bring a cleric ive been sitting on

Reeman326
January 2nd, 2021, 01:46
I am interested, message me if I am in. I am only able to play if the game is on Sunday though, otherwise, I wont be able to uphold the long term commitment due to College. I am not the best at RP but am willing to learn. I plan on playing a spellcaster, haven't completely decided on the class yet. I am interested in the focus on character growth and development and would love to join.

Dareon
January 2nd, 2021, 03:09
I'd be interested in this. I did have a homebrew that's been looked at by many that I want to try out though

Marmutt1369
January 2nd, 2021, 03:22
I am very interested in your game. It sounds like the fit that I have been looking for. Gives me a chance to play some different races (such as Firbolgs and Tabaxi). I am free any day or time and also have a Unity Ultimate license.

Mikenelson28
January 2nd, 2021, 06:28
I would be interested if it's on Sunday

Carlctrl
January 3rd, 2021, 06:02
Sounds very interesting! PM sent with some more details.

PyroTornado
January 3rd, 2021, 23:58
I might be interested. I am very proficient with FGU by this point, as I've been a DM for the group going on several years now, and have been anxious for a chance to be a player. I am flexible with most parties, but I do not deal with evil players/characters. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them in many groups. TIme commitment might be an issue, but I usually try to make time work for me. I am fully available any time on Sundays, and I usually get off work as late as 5PM CST, with a thirty minute travel window. Any time I would be unable to make it, I try to send a message as soon as I can, but I normally try to make things work.
You can PM me with the details, if you are still looking for players.

Angry_Steak
January 4th, 2021, 01:31
I'll put my hat into the Monday ring. I live in CST, but work night shift, meaning I get off work 8am Monday morning, but otherwise have the day off.

I don't have much in the way of history aside from being a ForeverGM for the last 6+ years. I just put down my Monday game and am looking for opportunities to gain some perspective and experience something new(be it systems, styles, or being a player in general).

Zombienugget
January 6th, 2021, 04:35
I'd like to apply as well, im good either sun. or mon. First time playing 5e but played a weekly pathfinder game back in college

Natewizard
January 13th, 2021, 05:04
I would be happy to join your game, I have been looking for a new group. I RP both outside of combat and in combat, i been playing on FG for three years. i have played 5E since it cam e out. I hoping to meet new people and have a great game mayeb. see you around.