PDA

View Full Version : Onyx Path and Fantasy Grounds

Fear Grounds
January 1st, 2021, 21:18
I know that some of the Onyx Path products are available here for the D&D and Pathfinder rulesets. I was wondering if anyone knew if they had plans on releasing their V5 line of books for Fantasy Grounds?

For that matter, how many people would be interested in the Onyx Path books?

Current books: Chicago by Night, Chicago Folios, and Let the Streets Run Red.

Upcoming books: Cults of the Blood Gods, Trail of Ash and Bone, Forbidden Religions, and Children of the Blood.

pralix1138
January 1st, 2021, 21:29
I know that some of the Onyx Path products are available here for the D&D and Pathfinder rulesets. I was wondering if anyone knew if they had plans on releasing their V5 line of books for Fantasy Grounds?

Upcoming books: Cults of the Blood Gods, Trail of Ash and Bone, Forbidden Religions, and Children of the Blood.

I'd be very interested! I've been creating a Chicago by Night module as I run a Chicago based chronicle (at least characters, clans, disciplines, powers, etc.), but I'd love official support for all their V5 supplements.

Naurthoron
January 1st, 2021, 23:16

It is not up to OnyxPath but to a developper at Smiteworks and Paradox/World of Darkness who owns the IP.
Last time Anarch was in the pipeline then Chicago, but I assume that priorities shifted since we have not seen them out.

I would love having the opportunity to buy additional content.

Fear Grounds
January 2nd, 2021, 00:24
Yes, Paradox owns the IP for WOD. Onyx Path is a creative partner of Paradox, who published the previously mentioned books. Just as Modiphius published the Core Book, Anarch, Camarilla, Fall of London, New Blood, and The Monsters.

The purpose of this thread is to show developers that there is interest in more products to support the game line. That said, It would probably be a good idea to say specifically what books you would like to see brought to Fantasy Grounds.

Me personally, I'd love to see: the Fall of London, Chicago by Night, Chicago Folios, and Let the Streets Run Red. All of these are full of great story ideas, characters, and world development.

Once Cults is released, it will be added to my list of requested material as well. :cool:

Just as a side note, it would be cool to have both of the starter stories (New Blood/Monsters) available here to introduce the world to new players.

Naurthoron
January 2nd, 2021, 07:55
That said, It would probably be a good idea to say specifically what books you would like to see brought to Fantasy Grounds.

Me personally, I'd love to see: the Fall of London, Chicago by Night, Chicago Folios, and Let the Streets Run Red. All of these are full of great story ideas, characters, and world development.

Once Cults is released, it will be added to my list of requested material as well. :cool:

Just as a side note, it would be cool to have both of the starter stories (New Blood/Monsters) available here to introduce the world to new players.

I agree, to me the ones containing game system content (disciplines, clans, predator types...) and chronicles /scenarios are the most important ones. I would add the Companion to your list as it adds game mechanics and errata.

I already created my own New Blood module for myself, so I am not sure I would buy it (depending on the price).

GregRex
January 2nd, 2021, 16:13
I think VtM on Fantasy Grounds would greatly benefit from a published chronicle myself.

Durzo
January 2nd, 2021, 17:25
Fall of London is confirmed planned by ddavison in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54102-Fantasy-Grounds-VTMV5-going-forward

They are losing out a lot of revenue by the slow conversion of the books, I’ve manually added the stuff I want from Chicago by Night, and are unlikely to buy the module at this point.
Especially if it follows the same price scheme as the Camarilla and Anarch books, which were expensive compared to the pdf, and has very little mechanical stuff I would find useful in Fantasy Grounds.

bertoschmidt
January 2nd, 2021, 19:42
Definitely interested! Can't wait to have more material, so I don't have to manually add all of it :P

Echomikedelta
January 5th, 2021, 01:08
Im interested, but losing hope in Fantasy Grounds. I would gladly buy everything they put out for V5.

Fear Grounds
January 5th, 2021, 02:27
Don't give up yet. There are a bunch of great releases to be brought out still.

We just aren't a very large/vocal group. So it makes sense that this ruleset doesn't get as much attention as others might.

Fear Grounds
February 9th, 2021, 19:55
https://theonyxpath.com/multi-colored-tentacles-monday-meeting-notes/

So according to this article, Paradox has given approval to Onyx Path to publish more (WhiteWolf) content for VTTs. This is a good sign, in my opinion.

GregRex
February 9th, 2021, 20:00
Excellent news! Thanks for sharing :)

Naurthoron
February 9th, 2021, 20:53
Excellent news indeed, don't hesitate to comment on it to show our interest.

GregRex
February 10th, 2021, 01:00
Now maybe we have a properly converted chronicle for purchase on the FG store

Fear Grounds
February 10th, 2021, 01:52
Now maybe we have a properly converted chronicle for purchase on the FG store

We're one step closer anyway. We will still have to wait and see what is allowed officially. But, good news is still good news.

vegaserik
February 10th, 2021, 22:59
I hope that means we'll see Chronicles of Darkness stuff coming out for FG too. I REALLY love Changeling the Lost and would love to be able to play it here.

Fear Grounds
February 10th, 2021, 23:26
There is so much material out there already for so many different product lines. Who knows what could pop up next.

ptchicuorka
February 14th, 2021, 01:08
wonder if there is anyone that plans to do the rules of the storyteller system at all. like the anniversary ones, such as the V20, both darkages and masquerade, along with Werewolf, changling, hell wouldn't mind even Exalted as well. but not sure if that is in the works or if anyone has the rights to do them. but if they did i know that i would love get that system on Fantasy grounds

Valyar
February 14th, 2021, 07:47
wonder if there is anyone that plans to do the rules of the storyteller system at all. like the anniversary ones, such as the V20, both darkages and masquerade, along with Werewolf, changling, hell wouldn't mind even Exalted as well. but not sure if that is in the works or if anyone has the rights to do them. but if they did i know that i would love get that system on Fantasy grounds

I think they will not license those for various reasons. There are fan-made rulesets and game systems in other VTT, but I think the light of day (pun intended) will be seen only by V5 and the other products from the new product lines.

And for me, lacking the old editions is not a problem, I already missed years and thousands page of content and new timeline and fresh start that VtM 5e provided is excellent. What is actually the problem is the release pace on VTT. We have seen that the new corporate and copyright machine puts every release to a crawl or even slower pace. So the future is not bright until the publishers realize what things changed and VTT is factor they have to consider.

Naurthoron
February 14th, 2021, 09:36
Paradox is sadly focusing on computer games and not TTRPG which was expected as this is their core business.
It has become even worse now that they have stopped the TTRPG licensing to third parties, taking it back to WoD and putting Justin Achili at its head.
We can only hope that this move towards Onypath is the good one for us TTRPG fans (at least for VTT to start with).
I feel the WoD TTRPG community is too silent compared to the rest and this is why there is no interest / priority. Paradox is a big company with a Marketing department and if we remain too silent we will simply be ignored. We must show them that there is money to be made to trigger corporate interest in investing in this area of the business.

Dr0W
February 16th, 2021, 01:04
I hope that means we'll see Chronicles of Darkness stuff coming out for FG too. I REALLY love Changeling the Lost and would love to be able to play it here.

Amen

Fear Grounds
February 23rd, 2021, 17:28
Just because I'm sure not everyone saw it, did anyone here get to see the virtual horror con over the weekend?

Onyx Path did a segment where they confirmed that their WOD products would be coming to virtual table top. They mentioned Chicago by Night specifically!!!

Raem
February 24th, 2021, 15:59
Just because I'm sure not everyone saw it, did anyone here get to see the virtual horror con over the weekend?

Onyx Path did a segment where they confirmed that their WOD products would be coming to virtual table top. They mentioned Chicago by Night specifically!!!

That would be pretty awesome.

vegaserik
February 24th, 2021, 18:13
Hopefully FG is included.

Mortar
February 24th, 2021, 21:31
Why doesn't someone familiar with the ruleset produce the FG modules and submit them?

Fear Grounds
February 24th, 2021, 22:44
They did mention Fantasy Grounds in the segment by name, so that's good too @vegaserik.

It's a matter of getting around licensing issues @Mortar

Grutmiesh
May 2nd, 2021, 08:42
I’ve just gotten into FGU to do some storytelling for some friends and want add my voice to the thread in support for more content or better user friendly creator content. Right now I’m transcribing the New Blood/The In Crowd chronicle and then probably the Monsters story too. From looking through the Forums it seems like there is interest from everyone for more VtM content to be added. I already own the physical Camarilla book and don’t see myself paying for it again to just get the Banu Hakim clan, I just wish there was a way to easily add the content that I already possess without paying for it twice. Seeing how long some folks have been waiting makes me a little disheartened.

pralix1138
May 2nd, 2021, 17:39
I’ve just gotten into FGU to do some storytelling for some friends and want add my voice to the thread in support for more content or better user friendly creator content. Right now I’m transcribing the New Blood/The In Crowd chronicle and then probably the Monsters story too. From looking through the Forums it seems like there is interest from everyone for more VtM content to be added. I already own the physical Camarilla book and don’t see myself paying for it again to just get the Banu Hakim clan, I just wish there was a way to easily add the content that I already possess without paying for it twice. Seeing how long some folks have been waiting makes me a little disheartened.

It's pretty easy to add content, especially if you have pdf copies of the books. I've copied and pasted a lot of material from the books I have in pdf form. Adding clans, disciplines, powers, rituals, and loresheets is pretty easy. The only thing you might need to buy the Camarilla module for is the reference manual. But if you just want the clans and powers and such, should be easy to do.

vegaserik
May 2nd, 2021, 18:59
It is really easy, take 15-20 minutes really to enter the new clans. If you have the physical book, you really don't need the Reference Manual unless you want to share that stuff with players. Copy/Paste from a pdf is the way I do it, the formatting is off - but that doesn't take long to reset.

Grutmiesh
May 3rd, 2021, 14:44
Hey ya’ll, thanks for the replies! Yeah, I’m kinda just stumbling about learning how FG works. Played a couple D&D campaigns as a player but learning the other side of the coin now. Having the PDFs really helps.

dougbuseck
June 4th, 2021, 05:13
I'm new to RPGs and Fantasy Grounds. Would love to see the Onyx Path "Monsters of the Deep!" available for FGU.

Pentazer
August 31st, 2021, 13:54
I would definitely love to see the proper world of darkness games on here:
Beast the primordial, changeling the lost, demon the descent, deviant the renegades, geist the sin eaters, genius the transgression, hunter the vigil, mage the awakening, promethean the created, vampire the REQUIEM, werewolf the FORSAKEN and wraith the oblivion.
Not to mention the apex of awesome: Exalted 3rd edition (and both dragon blooded and lunar books).