PDA

View Full Version : Feats automation

Skellan
January 1st, 2021, 09:10
I noticed that feats have an automation field. I tried, "Incredible Initiative"|INIT:+2 circumstance, but it doesn't seem to work.
Is it my code or is the feat automation field not operational yet?

Trenloe
January 1st, 2021, 09:13
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996643374/PFRPG2+Experimental+Features

Skellan
January 1st, 2021, 09:30
ah - thanks!

Trenloe
January 1st, 2021, 09:33
I'm pretty much constantly adding to that. And, unfortunately, I don't have access to edit the Wiki, so it isn't always up to date. There'll be some updates coming in the next month though...

Skellan
January 1st, 2021, 10:20
Fantastic. So I have got dbnumber:initiative.misc:+2 to work. Very cool feature.
I am guessing that initiative.circumstance or something will get added eventually. Good stuff.

Trenloe
January 1st, 2021, 10:45
Coincidentally, I've been working on PC permanent effects just this morning. Here's how what you're trying to do might be handled at some point in the future:

(Subject to change).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42412

Skellan
January 1st, 2021, 11:37
Oh wow - that's brilliant :) Thanks for your hard work

lostsanityreturned
January 2nd, 2021, 02:37
Coincidentally, I've been working on PC permanent effects just this morning. Here's how what you're trying to do might be handled at some point in the future:

(Subject to change).

That could be quite appealing if it takes if off of the combat tracker. The sheer length of effects thanks to various items and runes takes up a huge amount of space.

I am also a fan of the idea of a "NAME:xxxx" tag, where if it existed it would be the only element to display in the combat tracker effect list for that line. But I have no idea how feasible this would be.

Trenloe
January 2nd, 2021, 07:55
That could be quite appealing if it takes if off of the combat tracker.
That's exactly what it does.

I am also a fan of the idea of a "NAME:xxxx" tag, where if it existed it would be the only element to display in the combat tracker effect list for that line. But I have no idea how feasible this would be.
That would be best done in the base CoreRPG effects implementation. I'd recommend adding to the wishlist if you haven't already. You can also submit a feature request in the new Customer Support Portal here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Milke
January 14th, 2021, 03:59
Oh, this looks neat. Whenever someone takes a feat to boost their initiative, I always have to add an effect to them in the combat tracker. Having automations would be super handy. I swear, this stuff gets better all the time.

DaddyNugget
February 2nd, 2021, 23:35
Hey, sorry for rezing an older thread but I figured it made sense.

1) Thank you Trenloe for all your hard work.
2) On the wiki, in the images, the automation tag is visible. Although I modified the automation tag within the XML I do not see this on my screen. Is there a setting or something I can toggle on in order to modify within the GUI itself?

EDIT: I found the answer by rereading the wiki page, sorry about that.

3) I also added the automation tag to a lookup entry (in an attempt to automate a heritage, to see what would happen). I used...

<automation type="string">dbnumber:hp.misc:+2</automation>
It flagged as automation applied, but no effect took hold. I suspect this is working as intended on the backend based on other posts regarding how heritages cannot automate for the time being (but this looks like something you are fixing with the permanent effects box, so I'm not griping).
4) I didn't know if there was a way for me to get a list of approved/functional tags currently in the system or if I need to piecemeal it. I ask because it's a lot easier for me work with XML than it is for me to work with the GUI.

Thank you so much.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2021, 23:39
2) For the Wiki page: "This experimental functionality adds a new field to the Feat record: "Automation". By default this is not visible, it will only appear in a feat record if the Campaign Option "Experimental Development" -> "Show Ability Automation Field" is set to "On", the default if "Off". Note that even with the option set to "Off" the underlying functionality remains the same - you just can't view the "Automation" field in a Feat record."

3) Did you add it to the Lookup data record or the underlying lookup data feature record? Not all records have automation enabled.

4) I'm not sure what you're asking here.

DaddyNugget
February 3rd, 2021, 00:02
2) I edited original post after re-reading the wiki (before I saw your reply) my mistake. Thank you.

3) I added it to the heritage feature child within the Lookup Data parent tag.
<lookup>
<heritagefeature>
<automation>

When I added a third heritage feature (by using the + symbol while editing the list) it added a 'id-00001' tag not 'heritagefeature3' tag. Is this intended?

4) I didn't know if there was a list of approved / known tags. I've been cloning races and things in order to see what tags exist so it's easier for me to homebrew a mod. I have been trying to put together an XSD file for myself and it would give me a leg up if there was something I could reference instead of just piece-mealing it. If not, no big deal was just a side question.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2021, 00:14
When you create a new child record in the FG GUI it will get a name of id-XXXXX - where xxxxx is a sequential number starting at 00001. Some SmiteWorks parsing tools will create the child record with a name based off the record. FG handles it the same - as long as the child tag name is unique in the child scope. So the name of a child node doesn’t really matter.

DaddyNugget
February 3rd, 2021, 00:19
When you create a new child record in the FG GUI it will get a name of id-XXXXX - where xxxxx is a sequential number starting at 00001. Some SmiteWorks parsing tools will create the child record with a name based off the record. FG handles it the same - as long as the child tag name is unique in the child scope. So the name of a child node doesn’t really matter.

Much appreciated that helps me out quite a bit actually. I have more questions about working under the hood with modules/extensions, but I will ask them on appropriate threads after I tinker for a while. Have a great day!