PDA

View Full Version : PFRPG - Trait Envoy of Healing - Reroll 1s

Urheil
December 31st, 2020, 17:54
From the envoy of healing trait (https://aonprd.com/TraitDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Envoy%20of%20Healing)

[...]you can reroll any healing die roll that results in a natural 1 (you must use the new result).

How can it be applied into a spell as cure light wounds and so on?
Maybe there is an effect to do this?

I'm aware of the /die 1d6r1, but i cannot add it (or i don't know how) to a cure spell for example and it will keep rolling if it's another 1.

Thanks!

Kelrugem
December 31st, 2020, 18:28
You need to do that manually :) Reroll that die, subtract 1 and add that to the heal for example :)

Urheil
December 31st, 2020, 19:14
You need to do that manually :) Reroll that die, subtract 1 and add that to the heal for example :)

ohhh... ok, thanks!

Urheil
December 31st, 2020, 19:17
is there a way to do that directly from the chat?

I mean, damage 1 and healing 1d8 (for example) to targets of a pc?

Kelrugem
December 31st, 2020, 19:34
You mean using macros? Yes, that can work, too :) You can drag&drop numbers from the chat (or mod box) to the wound fields in the ct or sheets :) For the healing you just need to think about reverting the sign :) (either with /die -1d8 for example, or right-click on the number in the chat, then you have some calculating options :) Ctrl+drag of the number also reverts the sign, but this does currently not work in FGU :) )

dellanx
December 31st, 2020, 20:34
Can one roll /die 1d8 + 1d6r1 ?

Kelrugem
December 31st, 2020, 20:53

I think so, but I didn't test :D But it is easy to test :)

dellanx
January 1st, 2021, 00:13
I think so, but I didn't test :D But it is easy to test :)

It works - GM has to apply [-] and apply to Wounds as heal.

Urheil
January 1st, 2021, 08:39

You have to reroll 1s once and keep the second result, Even if it's another 1.for every die.

So, if i have to roll 2d8, and have 7+1, then i Will have to reroll one die.
If rerolling the die it's another 1, then i'll end up with 7+1=8. Si ir won't ve the dame.

On the other Hans, if i roll first 8 and 1, and when i reroll i get an 8, i Will get a total of 16.

With your formulae, You are rolling 1d8 and 1d6, and when that d6 shows up us as a 1 it Will reroll infinite times until it gets something different to a 1.
So, when i have a 7 in the first die, i Will never be able to get a sum of 8.

In the second case, i Will never get a 16 with your formula

I don't know if that's your question

dellanx
January 1st, 2021, 15:06
You have to reroll 1s once and keep the second result, Even if it's another 1.for every die.

So, if i have to roll 2d8, and have 7+1, then i Will have to reroll one die.
If rerolling the die it's another 1, then i'll end up with 7+1=8. Si ir won't ve the dame.

On the other Hans, if i roll first 8 and 1, and when i reroll i get an 8, i Will get a total of 16.

With your formulae, You are rolling 1d8 and 1d6, and when that d6 shows up us as a 1 it Will reroll infinite times until it gets something different to a 1.
So, when i have a 7 in the first die, i Will never be able to get a sum of 8.

In the second case, i Will never get a 16 with your formula

I don't know if that's your question

I was trying to explain how you may roll and apply the heal without an extension:

1) Roll /die 2d8r1 42419

2) Make the roll negative by clicking and changing the result in chat to a negative value 42420

3) Drag the negative value onto the Wounds of a PC or NPC 42421

4) and there you go (et là vous allez) 42422

Urheil
January 1st, 2021, 19:04
I was trying to explain how you may roll and apply the heal without an extension:

1) Roll /die 2d8r1 42419

2) Make the roll negative by clicking and changing the result in chat to a negative value 42420

3) Drag the negative value onto the Wounds of a PC or NPC 42421

4) and there you go (et là vous allez) 42422

Ahhhhh ok, ok, since the first time was 1d8 and then 1d6 i was confused.

With 2d8r1 the problem is when the second result gets again an 1, since it Will reroll again.

dellanx
January 1st, 2021, 20:41
Ahhhhh ok, ok, since the first time was 1d8 and then 1d6 i was confused.

With 2d8r1 the problem is when the second result gets again an 1, since it Will reroll again.

Heals are easy.

Urheil
January 1st, 2021, 21:13
Heals are easy.

How do you put the rN in the heal part of the spell?

E.g. 2d8r1 instead of 2d8 in cure moderate wounds?

dellanx
January 1st, 2021, 22:27
How do you put the rN in the heal part of the spell?

E.g. 2d8r1 instead of 2d8 in cure moderate wounds?

Can't put in spell without an extension.

Urheil
January 2nd, 2021, 03:32
Can't put in spell without an extension.

Is there one? can you link it for me?

dellanx
January 2nd, 2021, 06:29
Is there one? can you link it for me?

No, I meant there are none, but you can make a shortcut.

The only extension that I know of at drops dice for "fickle attack (ex) mythic ability is this one (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63412-Hard-to-Kill-(Ex)-in-the-heat-of-battle-often-forgoten/page3) written by bmos.

PCs with Fickle Attack in abilities and NPCs with fickle attack, fickle attack 2 ore fickle attack 3, drop 1s, 2s and 3s.

Urheil
January 2nd, 2021, 11:46
No, I meant there are none, but you can make a shortcut.

The only extension that I know of at drops dice for "fickle attack (ex) mythic ability is this one (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63412-Hard-to-Kill-(Ex)-in-the-heat-of-battle-often-forgoten/page3) written by bmos.

PCs with Fickle Attack in abilities and NPCs with fickle attack, fickle attack 2 ore fickle attack 3, drop 1s, 2s and 3s.

Thanks, i Will check it out