PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a DM for a group of 6

Celticfirefly
December 29th, 2020, 18:53
Hello :)

I'm new to Fantasy grounds but not new to dnd and was hoping to find an adventurous DM willing to experiment with some new players. 4 people in the group of 6 have never played but have always wanted to. This could be a one shot, or depending how everything goes could be FOREVER! hahaha Should be a fun experience either way ;)
Thanks

tahl_liadon
December 29th, 2020, 19:30
hey. welcome. always nice to see people who are interested and new to rp and vtt.

just curious: when you say "dnd," are you referring to the actual d&d brand / ruleset (i.e. 5e), or referring to it as a generic term for this type of rp, like it could be pathfinder 1 ruleset as well?

also, it would help for potential gms to know some more general idea of schedule (day and time), and what timezone would be ideal for your group.

Celticfirefly
December 29th, 2020, 19:50
It is hard to be more specific with times, we are kinda scattered from coast to coast, but everyone is super laid back and I think any evening or weekend schedule that a DM is available for they could make it happen.

As to the experience I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons and lots of other games but I think this group wanted to dive in to 5e. I've heard great things about Pathfinder but have never tried it.

Thank you so much for helping me figure this out a little more, every little bit helps :)

tahl_liadon
December 29th, 2020, 20:33
i speak from experience, but this is also a bit of generalization: if everyone is new and wants to get a feel for it, i'd say 5e would be a good choice. this version of d&d (brand and ruleset) was created to trim down a lot of rules complexities and mechanics. its goal was to create a more approachable, quick-play version for new players who've never experienced before this type of rp gaming. pathfinder has it's own version, referred to by most simply as pathfinder v2 (pf2 for short).

you will prob find a willing gm for either flavor soon enough, i'm sure, esp 5e as it's a more popular ruleset.

i was going to offer to run a one-off session for newbies :-) looking to getting their feet wet with rp and trying out fg. however, i am a long-time player who prefers the depth and richness of the pathfinder (pf1) world setting as well as its ruleset. if i ran a session, i would only want to do pf1. sorry.

hope you'll get things off the ground and make it a regular thing for you and friends. fg is a great tool with an awesome community forum.

Celticfirefly
December 29th, 2020, 20:47
Oh man if you are willing to have all 6 be newbies with pf1 that might be fun to try out :) They have a discord they just put together if you wanted to stop by and meet people and see if they are a good fit for the depth and richness of pf1 ;)

tahl_liadon
December 29th, 2020, 21:16
kk sure. let's give it a go then and see if we can manage scheduling.

pm me with discord link.