PDA

View Full Version : During Cloud games, the only player using the same LAN as the DM gets disconnected

Lo Zeno
December 28th, 2020, 23:20
This issue keeps happening constantly to one of my players:

I am the DM; all my players connect to the cloud game through the internet. One of my players (my wife) plays with her laptop in the same local network as my (DM) computer. Every time, without fail, she gets disconnected from the game after 10-15 minutes, and she needs to reconnect.
She is the ONLY ONE that experiences this issue, as all other players don't have the problem.

I have tried disabling all the extensions, and it still happens to her. We normally play with the D&D 5th Edition ruleset, but we tried a CoreRPG session once and she had the same problem (the other players, as usual, don't have the issue).

The only difference between her and the other players, literally, is that her laptop is connected to my same router - everything else is the same, down to the OS (Windows 10) on which they run FGU.

We tried reinstalling FGU on her laptop, it didn't help.

We have seen the issue happen since July at least, probably even before that but we started tracking it from the summer.

She can obviously re-join the game when that happens, and it doesn't really stop us from playing, but it's very annoying that, every game, without fail, we are slowed down because she unexplainably disconnects and we have to wait for her to reconnect.

I have attached her FGU logs, taken today as soon as the issue happened.

Lo Zeno
January 3rd, 2021, 23:50
We put our game on a break until today, and as we had our first game session of the year my wife experienced the same issue again - I've attached the FGU logs of today. It's really annoying now, as EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. we do she gets disconnected once in the middle of the session.

And again, the only difference between her and evey other player, is that her laptop is in the same LAN as my computer - with me being the DM.

damned
January 4th, 2021, 00:24
Hi Lo Zeno you might also log a ticket at https://support.fantasyrounds.com and upload the logs there