PDA

View Full Version : A question about Database Get Corrupted

Gilean
June 1st, 2007, 12:46
Hi, in this days i've tried the demo of this software and i must admit that the idea is very great. I've heard yet that there are corruption in the db.xml file when a new character is created (or when a new personality is made). So i'd like to know, before make the decision of buy it (the price for me is almost high) if there's a fix to this, even if with exterior softwares. Tnx a lot in advance and keep up the great works guys!

richvalle
June 1st, 2007, 13:25
I've had the software crash on start up a number of times but the db.xlm has never been corrupted. In most cases I rename/delete one of the lua files and it starts right up.

rv

Gilean
June 1st, 2007, 23:19
a Friend of mine has FG, and he said that many time after closing FG, when i reopen the campaign, he has the db.xml error.

richvalle
June 2nd, 2007, 01:47
I get an error... but (I think) its 'FantasyGrounds.exe has has caused an error and needs to shut down'.

(shrugs) Maybe your friend is doing something different then I am. I HAVE had FG crash on start up probably about 10 or so times after adding something and restarting but renaming the .lua file fixes it just about every time.

The time it didn't was me having too many tokens on a map and restarting (too many = about 50).

rv

Gilean
June 2nd, 2007, 09:50
what is the .lua ? sorry for question but i want to be sure before buying it ^^

Dachannien
June 2nd, 2007, 17:14
The demo is version 1.05, so any crash bugs or similar issues aren't applicable to version 2.

Griogre
June 3rd, 2007, 01:56
The demo it doesn't save characters so that could be a problem also.

richvalle
June 3rd, 2007, 15:46
what is the .lua ? sorry for question but i want to be sure before buying it ^^

CampaignRegistry.lua is the file I was talking about.

rv

Gilean
June 3rd, 2007, 16:31
tnx a lot for your help, u can now close the tread :)