PDA

View Full Version : UI: Overlapping elements

hereander
December 28th, 2020, 17:59
Hi there,
I would like to give FGU another try because we have a new player who doesnt own FGC and I have FGU Ultimate from the kickstarter.
We are using the D&D default theme and we are getting a lot of ugly UI glitches.
Most annoying are the overlapping elements like seen below:

The test environment is using a 4K screen and the effect is showing in any resolution.

We also tried upscaling
- in the hardware (2560x1600)
- in windows (setting scale to 150%)
- in FGU (/scaleui 150)

Is this a known issue?

best regards,
hereander

P.s: What we also noticed: In FGC pretty much any resolution looked ok regardless of how it is done. In FGU however HW upscaling looks worst, windows scale second and /scaleui looks best.

Zacchaeus
December 28th, 2020, 18:14
I'm not seeing this at scale 150; and windows at 150% so I'm not sure what's going on. The only difference is my screen resolution is 2560x1440. Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?

Jiminimonka
December 28th, 2020, 19:02
Hi there,
I would like to give FGU another try because we have a new player who doesnt own FGC and I have FGU Ultimate from the kickstarter.
We are using the D&D default theme and we are getting a lot of ugly UI glitches.
Most annoying are the overlapping elements like seen below:

The test environment is using a 4K screen and the effect is showing in any resolution.

We also tried upscaling
- in the hardware (2560x1600)
- in windows (setting scale to 150%)
- in FGU (/scaleui 150)

Is this a known issue?

best regards,
hereander

P.s: What we also noticed: In FGC pretty much any resolution looked ok regardless of how it is done. In FGU however HW upscaling looks worst, windows scale second and /scaleui looks best.

HW upscaling - not hardware is it? Its a command line so its software.

I tried this on a 4k at 3840 x 2160 monitor and no glitches. Never experienced this on FGC or FGU either.
Maybe compile a log and share it. Might show up in there.

hereander
December 28th, 2020, 19:19
Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?

I created a new campaign without any extensions. same thing

hereander
December 28th, 2020, 19:29
Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?

I created a new campaign without any extensions. same thing

edit: ok, so I found that, although I always updated when I started FGU it actually never really arrived at a new version. It is saying 24-04-2020. When I try to uninstall FGU it says "Fantasygrounds Updater does not have write access ..."

Zacchaeus
December 28th, 2020, 19:59
Just delete the installation folder rather than trying to uninstall and download the installer from the website and re-install. The installer has changed a lot since April.

hereander
December 28th, 2020, 20:36
Allright. So I deleted and reinstalled FGU and it is looking much much better now :)
Thanks a lot

Edit: and it is only eating half the memory *\o/*