View Full Version : Error on Startup (screenshot included!)

June 1st, 2007, 07:09
So I'm working on a custom sheet and all is fine until I close FG and attempt a restart which results in an error. Odd thing is that if I rename the folder FG starts up just fine until the next shut down, etc, etc.

A bit of searching this forum turned up something similar but I'm not sure if my problem is one and the same.

I'm using v2.0.11 on an HP dv6000 series lappy running Vista Home Premium.

June 1st, 2007, 12:10
There was an error message? I must have missed it...

Going back to look again.

June 1st, 2007, 12:41
I think I'm also having trouble finding the error message. :p

June 1st, 2007, 13:27
Not sure what game that is but I want to play! :)

June 1st, 2007, 14:58
:D :D :D


June 1st, 2007, 16:35
She makes it tough, I know, but focus people, focus!

Here's the problem details for what it's worth...

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FantasyGrounds.exe
Application Version:
Application Timestamp: 4641de67
Fault Module Name: FantasyGrounds.exe
Fault Module Version:
Fault Module Timestamp: 4641de67
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002d4bb
OS Version: 6.0.6000.
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: bbb7
Additional Information 2: 49490c39579db54c33012c2cf51ef625
Additional Information 3: 7887
Additional Information 4: cdbda79d147bfecd896940af59e76830

June 1st, 2007, 18:02
Oh we're focusing... just not on what you want. :)

When its crashing, try to go in and rename the campaignresistry.lua and then start up FG.


June 1st, 2007, 19:36
LOL, god I needed a good laugh this morning. :D Wait there was an error message? I better check again... ;) LOL.

On a more serious note, did you get this after updating to the new version of FG2? Look in the update notes to see what scripts changed. You may need to redo any changes you made to the files that changed.

June 1st, 2007, 23:23
Problem solved!

I updated to the version released today to no avail but then...

I happened to remove the forward slash from the the abilityscore name "magic/resonance" and presto the issue went away.

I can now recreate the error at will by reinserting the forward slash. Odd. Here's to hoping that's all it was *crosses fingers*.

<abilityscore name="magic/resonance">

June 2nd, 2007, 01:48
Ahh, its probably a special character for xml and so can't be included in the data. There are some others like that from what I've seen. I think you CAN inlude the / but you have to put it in in a special way. &/ or something like that.


June 2nd, 2007, 02:46
The / character is not by default defined in a character entity in XML. In fact, there are only five defaults: " ' & < >

You can (should be able to) obtain the / character using the numeric entity reference, using its Unicode value, like this: &#38;#47;

It's also possible that the problem occurs when moving over to the LUA side of things. The documentation doesn't say how the XML is parsed into the script environment when the relevant LUA script is executed, and it's possible that the value assigned to <i>name</i> gets picked directly from the XML and is used as an unquoted literal that gets tokenized. If that's the case, then using the XML escape shown above may not help.

In any case, it's probably a good idea to avoid using any non-alphanumeric character for any XML token, including the values assigned to attributes. (Data contained within tags is another matter, although we already know that you have to put &lt; and &gt; inside any inline LUA scripts.) Using "magic_resonance" or "magicresonance" would be a solution.

June 2nd, 2007, 02:49
Thanks muchly for the XML and Lua info, gentlemen.