PDA

View Full Version : SFS #1-09: Live Exploration Extreme! FRI January 1st @ 4 PM UTC

Malkavian_Andi
December 27th, 2020, 18:20
Tier 1-4.

Please schedule around 4-5 hours for the game.

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=5750), stating which character you'd like to play.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4.

Although the Society was unaware of what existed within the false moon Salvation's End when it obtained exploration rights, Starfinders have since identified a vast, uncharted megacomplex within. The Society's ready to launch its first major expedition into the interior, yet there is one slight complication: in order to fund its initial survey missions, the Society accepted a grant that requires this first mission be televised by an Eoxian reality show. What is already be a momentous mission for the Society is only exacerbated by the mandatory presence of an unliving camera crew—not to mention the interference of the live studio audience in orbit! Can the PCs uncover the secrets of Salvation's End while upholding the Society's publicity deal (perhaps becoming celebrities in the process)?

Content in Live Exploration Extreme! is a continuation of the Starfinder Society special, Starfinder Society #1–00: Claim to Salvation (https://paizo.com/products/btpy9tsv?Starfinder-Society-Special-100-Claim-to-Salvation).

Written by: John Compton

Scenario tags: None

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds Classic (I have an Ultimate license) and either Discord or Teamspeak (TBD).

So since New Year's might not be as much partying as usual this year, I thought we could just start off the new year with a nice harmless reality TV show produced by Zo! Media.
Hopefully, there are enough players around here who haven't played this one yet and who can make the time slot.

Please try to form a somewhat balanced party, especially level-wise, so I know which subtier you'll end up in.

xain
December 28th, 2020, 23:30
Signed up with my level 3 melee biohacker. I usually play on Roll20 but I've played on FG a few times. If allowed some time on the server in advance I should be able to get the character entered. I'll be using a Jadnura replay, I've played and GMed this one a couple times.

Malkavian_Andi
December 31st, 2020, 02:32
Right now, it doesn't seem like this will happen. If more people are interested, but can't make this time slot, please post any alternate dates you are available.

stephan_
December 31st, 2020, 09:25
Let me know if if you need me for a legal table and I'll try to join. That being said, two players (especially if both are familiar with the scenario) is not the best set-up.

Malkavian_Andi
December 31st, 2020, 15:32
I think it's safe to say that, at least for tomorrow, the game's not going to go ahead.
I could potentially reschedule for the weekend (probably Sunday, to give more time for sign-ups) if more people are interested then.

DasNitro
December 31st, 2020, 16:30
I wanted to play, but 10am CST is a little early for me.

Malkavian_Andi
December 31st, 2020, 19:10
I could possibly do a later time. When would be good for you?

DasNitro
December 31st, 2020, 20:43
I'm good with anything after 12PM EST/11AM CST.

Malkavian_Andi
December 31st, 2020, 21:40
so, about 1 - 2 hours later than the original plan? I could do that.
What about the others? Would that work for you? (I'll put a new time on the game calendar.)

DasNitro
December 31st, 2020, 22:14
yes that works for me

xain
January 1st, 2021, 06:27
The later time still works for me.

Malkavian_Andi
January 1st, 2021, 07:11
You will still need at least one pregen (depending on whether Stephan wants to join). Also, depending on the remaining two PC slots, we might end up either in high tier or low tier.
Please give me your preferences on those points (which pregen(s) to take and which subtier to play).

DasNitro
January 1st, 2021, 16:51
You will still need at least one pregen (depending on whether Stephan wants to join). Also, depending on the remaining two PC slots, we might end up either in high tier or low tier.
Please give me your preferences on those points (which pregen(s) to take and which subtier to play).

Not sure what all that means. I haven't done a society game in about 2 years or so.

Malkavian_Andi
January 1st, 2021, 17:14
Not sure what all that means. I haven't done a society game in about 2 years or so.

Pregens: The scenarios assume that a party consists of at least 4 characters. If only 2 or 3 actual PCs are present, additional characters are added from the official pregenerated characters as NPCs to have 4 characters in the party. Usually, the players decide among themselves which pregenerated character to bring along (each class has pregenerated characters at levels 1, 4, and 8).

Subtier: The scenario has two "difficulty settings", one for a group with an average party level (APL) of 1 or 2, and one for a group with an APL of 3 or 4.
1st or 2nd level characters in a subtier 3-4 game tend to live more dangerous, but will receive higher rewards than for a subtier 1-2 game.
3rd or 4th level characters in a subtier 1-2 game tend to dominate many of the challenges, but will receive lower rewards than for a subtier 3-4 game.

Since at the moment, the characters listed on the game calendar are a 1st and 3rd level, it's possible to swing either way with the additional 2 characters.

Malkavian_Andi
January 1st, 2021, 17:28
The server is up, by the way. So feel free to hop on and get your characters ready.

eyoung48473
January 1st, 2021, 17:30
If I don't have a character yet, but ive done some starfinder before and theres stillr oom id be interested assuming i converted the time right, your talking 1320-1pm est?

xain
January 1st, 2021, 17:34
The server is up, by the way. So feel free to hop on and get your characters ready.

Server details?

Malkavian_Andi
January 1st, 2021, 17:35
If I don't have a character yet, but ive done some starfinder before and theres stillr oom id be interested assuming i converted the time right, your talking 1320-1pm est?We're basically talking about right now. But don't worry, the game hasn't started yet (in fact, mostof the players aren't there, yet). So feel free to join.

Server details?I posted them in the game calendar.

eyoung48473
January 1st, 2021, 17:38
We're basically talking about right now. But don't worry, the game hasn't started yet (in fact, mostof the players aren't there, yet). So feel free to join.

I posted them in the game calendar.

cool if theres room ill join on a pregen for now - if thats ok

DasNitro
January 1st, 2021, 17:40
having connection issues. give me about 10 to fix

Malkavian_Andi
January 1st, 2021, 17:41
cool if theres room ill join on a pregen for now - if thats ok

Sure, just let me know which class you'd like to play.

DasNitro
January 1st, 2021, 17:43
fixed. is the server up?

xain
January 1st, 2021, 17:45
i get could not connect to the host

eyoung48473
January 1st, 2021, 17:45
nothing fanacy just a fighter - trying to figure out how to join now

Malkavian_Andi
January 1st, 2021, 17:48
For some reason, the program sometimes doesn't recognize the server as up.
I closed and reopened the server. That often fixes that kind of problem.

DasNitro
January 1st, 2021, 17:52
just verifying that we're using Classic correct?

Malkavian_Andi
January 1st, 2021, 18:02
just verifying that we're using Classic correct?

yep, that's correct.

Also, using Teamspeak for voice. (ts.fg-con.com ; Password: Dungeoneers)

eyoung48473
January 1st, 2021, 18:04
oh woops, i dont have classic atm ill have to withdraw my apologies

DasNitro
January 1st, 2021, 18:04
still having issues connecting to "xero bard vast dungeon". what Voice are we using?

Malkavian_Andi
January 1st, 2021, 18:08
My apologies, I just checked, and it's actually "xeno", with an N instead of R.

I also now put the correct alias on the game calendar.