PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey of the Dragonlords: Invalid characters in the text in FGU

Daso
December 26th, 2020, 22:45
Hi!

All over the text in Odyssey of the Dragonlords are little squares where the apostrophe's are supposed to be. This causes issues in the parser to create some of the effects.

I found other threads in the forums that state that FGU doesn't accept some characters that are not ISO. I believe this is probably the case. I wanted to draw attention to it.

Is it possible to update the text or parse it somehow so it's fixed? Is there a tool that I can use myself to do this?

LordEntrails
December 27th, 2020, 01:11
Pretty sure Mr Z will see the info here and pass it on to the responsible developer to have fixed. Nothing you can do but wait since the file is encrypted.

Note that normally issues with 5E content are best reported in this thread since it is what is monitored for such issues; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53217-5E-Bug-reports-(2020)

Daso
December 27th, 2020, 13:33
would it be better for me to add the info to the linked thread or just keep it here?

Zacchaeus
December 27th, 2020, 15:50
I'll mention it to the developer. And yes in future it's best to add such reports to the bugs thread otherwise I might not see it.