PDA

View Full Version : LFP- 5E based in Forgotten Realms Pick-Up campaign.

MrDDT
December 26th, 2020, 21:01
How it's going to work is like this:
Games are going to be based on when I can DM at least 4 hour blocks and we have 3 or more people able to play. I will put out a message to the group when I'm able to play. Sometimes it will be a 1 hour notice, sometimes it will be a 2 day notice.

Everyone have your characters ready to play (stored on this game server).
You can play any level with with others as long as they are within 6 levels.
Everyone starts at level 1.

Item's can only be traded while both parties are at the table session.
Anything else ask me and I can go over it. We will be doing this on over discord in voice.

5E Forgotten Realms history and world setting with my extra stuff added in large unclaimed areas.
First 5 people to be in D&D Gaming Sessions AND on the table will be able to play. . I will ask people in voice comms if everyone is there and give people 30 seconds to reply at the appointed time. If you are not there, I will pull in the next person waiting.

My games are largely focused on combat, encounters, quests and exploring.
Not all quests are meant for this party, it's an open world. It's up to you and your party to figure out if this is going to be something you want to risk your life on or not. As a 4th level party a group of 20 goblins might be really easy to you, as a 1st level party that same group might be really hard for you. It's the job of you and your party to figure that out, talk to NPCs, talk to your party, use common sense.
Just because a wizard tells you about a dragon hoard not far from town, does not mean you should go there as a 5th level party.

House Rules:
-Help Action: You must be proficient to help someone with skill checks. Help Action in combat means you need to be with-in 5ft of the target at the time of the attack to distract the target, which gives ADV to the attack for the person attacking.

-Inspiration: Given out often for good roleplay, but not limited to only this way to gain Inspiration. You may give your Inspiration to anyone within 60 feet of you and that can hear you. Max Inspirations you can have is 3 at any one time.
I'm considering using Inspiration Cards.

-Flanking = +1 to hit only directly opposed allies. (Monsters get this also)

-Ranged Attacks and Cover: Attacking through 1 person = 1/2 Cover (COVER), attacking through 2 people = Full Cover (Can't do it). In FG if you target a mob, and the line touches another square of a player NPC that counts as attacking through that thing. Exceptions can be made for heights. Example: Attacking a huge dragon with your human friend fighting in front of you, you will have clear line of attack.

-Initiative is rerolled every round.

-Dying State: Being knocked out or put into a "dying" state will cause you, if brought back out of it to receive +1 level of exhaustion.

-NPC Multi Attacks: NPCs and Monsters will often use multi attacks on targets even if they are knocked down or dying.

-XP is awarded per encounter or quest completion. Level up after exp is awarded. (If you have exp to level up). The game doesn't stop to let you level up your toon up.
You level per encounter/quest/reward so you can level whenever you choose (no rests or anything needed) as long as you have the required exp to reach that level.

-Perception, Insight, and Investigation: If you are looking, listening or smelling you are using perception in my world. If you are going to try to touch stuff, moving it around, looking through a desk drawer, reading stuff (turning pages) or trying to figure something out that would be investigation. I use passive for all 3 of these at all times. Passive Insight is where I might tell you (you think this person is lying, or you have a gut feeling about xyz). So don't expect to see as many rolls as other GM's on this.

-Server Info: FANTASY GROUNDS UNITY
MrDDT - Main DM-MrDDT
PW: 9911

Character Creation:
-Allowed Races: Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Halfling, Human. Note: If you want to play something different you need to talk to me and have a story of how you want to play it.
Sub-Race Note: No Human Variants. No Drow or 1/2 Drow. No Duergar. No Svirfneblin.

-Please put your discord name at the end of your character name on your character sheet. EXAMPLE: Gandalf the Grey (MrDDT)

-All new characters start at level 1.

-Allowed Classes: Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Warlock, Wizard. Note: If you want to play a class not listed, talk to me about how to make it work with in the game.

-Subclasses: I allow all official subclasses.

-Unearthed Arcana: Ask first, most likely no.

-Tasha's Cauldron of Everything: Ask first, most likely no.

-Feat Cost: Feats only cost 1 point, only allowed during ASI, with a max of 1 feat per ASI.

-Pantheon (Gods): Faerunian Pantheon. See Link in game. Also in PHB.

-Backstory. When making a back story. Think of why you are here at the edge of the world in fresh untouched lands. The starting area is a frontier land newly being built and mostly unexplored.

- Alignment: LG, NG, CG, LN, N, CN only.

-Stat Generation:
Starting with 10 points in all stats, 81 point pool. Each point you bring up over 10, costs +1. So going to 13 in a stat would cost you +1, +2, +3, = 6 points. Race points are done after you points used, and can not bring over 20 in a stat. Stat Calculator Link Below
Stat Calculator Link CLICK ME!!! (https://1drv.ms/x/s!AosM2hDUOTatgcRJHczDKc2VGiG2cQ)

Discord is required.
Discord Link to Fantasy Grounds Pick Up Games (CLICK ME!!!) (https://discord.gg/BxrJ5JmcV8)

Warhorn Schedule and Events (CLICK ME!!!) (https://warhorn.net/events/fantasy-grounds-pickup-games/schedule/sessions/28a36c05-0fcb-46e1-9e6f-09b850f7492d)