PDA

View Full Version : Using an old Module I made

yeknom
December 25th, 2020, 11:40
I'm attempting to use an old Module I made in FG Classic in Unity. When the Module was made I was using the Extension (Enhanced Items 3 (3.5/PFRPG). I am currently using PFRPG - Enhanced Items v 4.1\nFor Fantasy Grounds V3.3+. While doing this I encounter this error:

Windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (gmonly) in control (gmonly) in class (item_main)
Script execution error: [string”campaign/scripts/item_main.lua”]132: attempt to index global ‘gmonly’ (a nil value)

I have the original campaign that I used to make the Module and was looking at going back and finishing it for my use. I have tried a new campaign and using the old module and still receive the error if I use the 4.1 extension. If I use the original extension that was used in the creation process of the module there is no error. If I use both extensions the error is present. If I use no extensions the GM only info isn't visible.

I have tested this with no extensions and with the extensions in question (both together and separately individually).

How would I rectify this in the original module or campaign that I made to have the information compatible with the 4.1 extension?

Moon Wizard
December 25th, 2020, 16:59
You'd need to reach out to the original community extension author to see if they can help point you in the right direction.

The general scenario to "fix" an old module for a situation like this:
* Unzip the module
* Look for the "gmonly" tags
* Change those tags to use the correct data field type for what the new extension is expecting
* Zip it all back up

You will need to know the correct data type and values for that field for the new extension, which is why I suggest talking to the extension author.

Regards,
JPG

yeknom
December 26th, 2020, 01:26
Thanks, that's what I'll do.