PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds app for Twitch?

Gorvai
December 25th, 2020, 03:54
Is there any way that we could get a FG app for Twitch streaming? I saw one earlier for DND Beyond I think it was and I went to look, but didn't see one for FG and I was like damn. All it shows I think is character sheets and such for each player, maybe a few other things. Is that something that could be looked at, or dream on?

BaneTBC
December 25th, 2020, 05:59
While it would be nice if there was an official API to be able to feed Twitch Overlay elements or even popouts for the stream ala the D&D Beyond extension, in the meantime you might want to take a look at the ProStream 5E addon that was made by Christopher Busse. It needs to be run from the Hosts' computer(so they need to be the streamer) but it works very well.

https://i.imgur.com/LR9Kunm.png

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/330919/Fantasy-Grounds-ProStream-5E

Gorvai
December 25th, 2020, 06:37
The only downside to that is that I don't DM 5e, I dm Starfinder, so I don't think a 5e app would help me much, would it? Hard to look at it in detail on my phone, I'll watch it's video when I get home for sure.

Zacchaeus
December 25th, 2020, 09:03
Why do you need a special version just for streaming? I see adverts from lots of streamers and so it must be possible to do so without anything special being done to FG. A quick Google search throws up a bunch of software that you can use to stream stuff.

Gorvai
December 25th, 2020, 10:34
Why do you need a special version just for streaming? I see adverts from lots of streamers and so it must be possible to do so without anything special being done to FG. A quick Google search throws up a bunch of software that you can use to stream stuff.

I don't need software for streaming :P a Twitch extension is kinda like a little widget or information panel. People can hover over it for a piece of information or character stats or whatever. Like a weather widget on your phone or something.

Zacchaeus
December 25th, 2020, 10:43
I don't need software for streaming :P a Twitch extension is kinda like a little widget or information panel. People can hover over it for a piece of information or character stats or whatever. Like a weather widget on your phone or something.

Ah, ok. I clearly misunderstood what it was you were after.

Honken
December 25th, 2020, 12:00
So what the OP is looking for is a API so that you can do live stas on the streaming overlay?

/H

LordEntrails
December 25th, 2020, 17:44
Like being able to display FG character sheets (or mini sheets of current stats) using an overlay (like OBS). That way you can layout your streaming screen with different windows/views/ports. One might be the FG screen, another video of the active speaker, and another one that rotates character stats and portrait.

Lots of things that could be done, but needs someone proficient to create the program.

Jiminimonka
December 26th, 2020, 17:44
Is there any way that we could get a FG app for Twitch streaming? I saw one earlier for DND Beyond I think it was and I went to look, but didn't see one for FG and I was like damn. All it shows I think is character sheets and such for each player, maybe a few other things. Is that something that could be looked at, or dream on?

I'm sure if there is enough demand, FG will implement such a feature at some point, just like DND Beyond does.