PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 5e games Voiced on...

jerrie
December 24th, 2020, 19:42
Looking for 5e games on Friday or Saturday that are Voiced. Voiced meaning not a texted/typing based game.

Playstyle: is a theatrical, actors style. I'm a very story focused and character driven type.
Fantasy grounds: used it for over 4 years,
Class/Character type: Usually play bards, I like to be useful, helpful, and outgoing.

A game that doesn't have combat in every single session is more fitting for me.
I like other types of problem solving and combat when it happens every session or several times in a session... it really overshadows and be creatively limiting.
Don't get me wrong sometimes as a player you can come up with some clever things in combat, but often times... as a player... you end up waiting forever to likely do a thing that you have already done a bunch of times already.

I also like worlds that are varied, with dark places AND light places because more stuff is creatively possible.

Games I've done/not interested in:
Avernus
Mines of Phan
Storm Kings
Out of the Abyss
Tomb of Annihilation
Strahd
(as you can see many of those are set in completely miserable, one note, world-scapes. Been there, got the T-shirt, would like a more dynamic balanced world.)

For homebrew: I would do well with a dm that is comfortable with letting go of their NPC's, not protecting them at all costs by whisking them away. If we are about to accidentally kill a big bad NPC, and ya let us do that, I can respect that because that DM is not forcing a limited narrative, and allowing the creation of a shared narrative. My characters are affected by the worlds they live in, so my characters ALSO want have an impact in/on said world.

So if you are a DM with a game set in a world that isn't a complete edge-lordian suffer fest, that doesn't make everything a race against a clock, with an understanding that light and whimsy isn't weak or lame, that it is necessary and fun... Then this chick is happy to play in said game.

Jerrie

JaymzLuke
December 25th, 2020, 05:13
Would love to join as well. Sorry if not allowed. Not trying to take over a post just been looking for a game to play in so if anyone has a game that fits this criteria and has multiple spots open. I would also love to join. Thanks!

humby
December 25th, 2020, 08:33
What time(s) would you be looking for (and are you Central or Mountain Time Zone)?

jerrie
December 26th, 2020, 01:39
I'm in central time, texas. Mostly at afternoon or night , but I wouldn't want a game that started at like midnight.

humby
December 26th, 2020, 21:24
I'm looking to start up a new campaign in the next week or so, but I'm in the UK so sessions would have to be starting on Fridays at about 1pm (your time) - would that suit or would it be too early?

jerrie
December 27th, 2020, 10:26
That could work.

Jiminimonka
December 27th, 2020, 11:50
Looking for 5e games on Friday or Saturday that are Voiced. Voiced meaning not a texted/typing based game.

Playstyle: is a theatrical, actors style. I'm a very story focused and character driven type.
Fantasy grounds: used it for over 4 years,
Class/Character type: Usually play bards, I like to be useful, helpful, and outgoing.

A game that doesn't have combat in every single session is more fitting for me.
I like other types of problem solving and combat when it happens every session or several times in a session... it really overshadows and be creatively limiting.
Don't get me wrong sometimes as a player you can come up with some clever things in combat, but often times... as a player... you end up waiting forever to likely do a thing that you have already done a bunch of times already.

I also like worlds that are varied, with dark places AND light places because more stuff is creatively possible.

Games I've done/not interested in:
Avernus
Mines of Phan
Storm Kings
Out of the Abyss
Tomb of Annihilation
Strahd
(as you can see many of those are set in completely miserable, one note, world-scapes. Been there, got the T-shirt, would like a more dynamic balanced world.)

For homebrew: I would do well with a dm that is comfortable with letting go of their NPC's, not protecting them at all costs by whisking them away. If we are about to accidentally kill a big bad NPC, and ya let us do that, I can respect that because that DM is not forcing a limited narrative, and allowing the creation of a shared narrative. My characters are affected by the worlds they live in, so my characters ALSO want have an impact in/on said world.

So if you are a DM with a game set in a world that isn't a complete edge-lordian suffer fest, that doesn't make everything a race against a clock, with an understanding that light and whimsy isn't weak or lame, that it is necessary and fun... Then this chick is happy to play in said game.

Jerrie

Sounds like you should DM to me.

jerrie
December 29th, 2020, 19:15
I'm not sadistic or dark hearted enough to be a DM. I'm good at living in a world and interfacing with a world... BUT building the world and running the world... That is beyond me. As a player I probably am more helpful in generating world and npc ideas that a DM can inject, because of how I interface in a game. Like if while I'm interfacing and blindly guessing at what I'm seeing and decribe that "thing" or accidentally come up with an idea a DM likes, the DM will go "Yes, it's like that. That's totally what I had in mind, and I am not now stealing it and making it cannon". It really depends on how much control or how restricting said DM is. I prefer a game that allows deep creative possibility. If a DM has a story and the story HAS TO HAPPEN EXACTLY as written... It's not for me. Nothing I do will affect that world because everything has been decided.

Sounds like you should DM to me.

Jiminimonka
December 30th, 2020, 12:38
I'm not sadistic or dark hearted enough to be a DM. I'm good at living in a world and interfacing with a world... BUT building the world and running the world... That is beyond me. As a player I probably am more helpful in generating world and npc ideas that a DM can inject, because of how I interface in a game. Like if while I'm interfacing and blindly guessing at what I'm seeing and decribe that "thing" or accidentally come up with an idea a DM likes, the DM will go "Yes, it's like that. That's totally what I had in mind, and I am not now stealing it and making it cannon". It really depends on how much control or how restricting said DM is. I prefer a game that allows deep creative possibility. If a DM has a story and the story HAS TO HAPPEN EXACTLY as written... It's not for me. Nothing I do will affect that world because everything has been decided.

I've been playing D&D since 1980 and I have never come across a DM that dictates exactly what happens. Might as well just give the players a book and tell them to read it if nothing they do affects the outcome. Sounds like you have had some bad DMs.

You will find what you are looking for here. Good luck.