PDA

View Full Version : Symbol on Skills Tab

Stargrove
December 24th, 2020, 02:37
I have noticed a tiny symbol that looks like a breastplate or something next to some of the skills on the Skills tab of the PF2E character sheet.

Right now I am assuming it might be skills that might get effected by wearing armor but wanted to check.

bigdummy
December 24th, 2020, 02:41
I have noticed a tiny symbol that looks like a breastplate or something next to some of the skills on the Skills tab of the PF2E character sheet.

Right now I am assuming it might be skills that might get effected by wearing armor but wanted to check.

That's exactly it. CRB page 274.

Stargrove
December 24th, 2020, 02:47
Thanks. I think it would be nice for there to be a pop up note that explains what it is and what penalty you might be taking to your skill because of the armor you are wearing (if anyone is listening that can make that happen). I know the PF2E rule set is still relatively young, so maybe someone has this already in their list. Maybe Trenloe knows...

bigdummy
December 24th, 2020, 03:18
Thanks. I think it would be nice for there to be a pop up note that explains what it is and what penalty you might be taking to your skill because of the armor you are wearing (if anyone is listening that can make that happen). I know the PF2E rule set is still relatively young, so maybe someone has this already in their list. Maybe Trenloe knows...

The thing is (after a very short test) I believe FG is calculating all that for you. Your check penalty, whether you meet the strength threshold to overcome the penalty, and (probably) the dex cap. I think the symbol is just there to remind you that armor MAY effect the skill.