PDA

View Full Version : Scale tokens individually?

Rutherford
May 31st, 2007, 11:32
I'm not up on all the technical stuff, so I don't even know if this is possible with the current build or not... but is there any way to enable the ability to scale all tokens individually of each other?

Granted, I can go out and scale them all by hand with a graphics editor and then load them in, but it would be nice to just be able to click, drag and increase or decrease a token's size at will. (Enlarge/Reduce anyone?)

Oh, also, if this ability already exists somewhere and I'm just not seeing it, feel free to make me feel stupid. :)

-Rutherford

acmer
May 31st, 2007, 11:41
I haven't figured this out either. Sometimes I use larger versions of regular monsters as "bosses", and I'd like to scale the tokens separately when needed.

Oberoten
May 31st, 2007, 11:48
If using FG2, go to the combat-tracker, drop the token on a entry here, and you can adjust the size with the mouse-wheel.

Rutherford
May 31st, 2007, 12:06
If using FG2, go to the combat-tracker, drop the token on a entry here, and you can adjust the size with the mouse-wheel.

Yes, I'm indeed using FG2...but maybe I'm not doing this right. I have a Hill Giant entry in the combat tracker, and I drag my Hill Giant token from the token box onto that entry... It just falls through the combat tracker onto the tabletop behind it? Is it supposed to appear in the tracker somewhere? :confused:

Dachannien
May 31st, 2007, 12:17
Drag the token onto the map first. Then, when you drag the token from the map onto the entry on the combat tracker, it will link that particular token on the map with the entry. Lots of nifty features come into play when you do that (such as a circle indicating which token's turn it is, or players being able to click on a NPC token to indicate which one of those fifty orcs they're attacking).

Oberoten
May 31st, 2007, 12:18
There is a small circle to the left on the combat tracker which is where you should drop the token.
It is a bit picky though.

(I would love to have this little circle-thing light up when the token is in the correct position to be accepted. )

Rutherford
May 31st, 2007, 12:35
Drag the token onto the map first. Then, when you drag the token from the map onto the entry on the combat tracker, it will link that particular token on the map with the entry. Lots of nifty features come into play when you do that (such as a circle indicating which token's turn it is, or players being able to click on a NPC token to indicate which one of those fifty orcs they're attacking).

Ahhh, I see. That is truly awesome and exactly what I was looking for! Thanks to Dachannien and Oberoten for your quick replies! :D

Griogre
May 31st, 2007, 19:13
When you try to drag and drap a token on the combat tracker it is the "fist" of the cursor that matters. Position this so it's in the circle. I dropped a buch of tokens through the combat tracker until I figured that out.

acmer
May 31st, 2007, 19:33
I managed to drop it to both locations, when my map was under the tracker. If aligned just right, that would save some time too :)

Dachannien
June 1st, 2007, 08:08
Hehehe, just make sure all your NPCs always line up north-south! ;)