PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds College Traveller Month

MadBeardMan
December 23rd, 2020, 16:14
Hi Folks,

The good folks at Fantasy Grounds College are doing a year of teaching alternative (to DnD) rulesets and January is marked for Mongoose Traveller 2E.

https://fantasygroundscollege.net/a-year-of-alternate-rulesets-mongoose-traveller-2e/

You may notice that I'm involved in a Q&A and Matt Sprange from Mongoose is involved in two!

So go register your interest and as they say over here 'get your info straight from the horses mouth!'.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
December 23rd, 2020, 23:08
already signed up!

Xargun
December 25th, 2020, 04:11
Same

Xargun

Sylvesr
December 27th, 2020, 22:47
I am signing up but won't be able to make all of the events. Do you know will the events be recorded so we can replay them later?

Sylvesr
December 27th, 2020, 23:31
I am signing up but won't be able to make all of the events. Do you know will the events be recorded so we can replay them later?

Gah...too late. GM class is already booked. I hope they have replay options. So I signed up for the one shot game High and Dry.

adzling
December 30th, 2020, 17:02
for some reason my account got deleted last night....

MadBeardMan
December 30th, 2020, 17:07
for some reason my account got deleted last night....

Sadness have you emailed them?

adzling
December 30th, 2020, 17:33
yeah just did about 30 minutes ago.

hope your xmas has been great mbm ;-)

MadBeardMan
December 30th, 2020, 17:39
yeah just did about 30 minutes ago.

hope your xmas has been great mbm ;-)

Hey Adzling,

Thanks for asking. It's been mixed, Covid, teenage girls and their inability to understand that 6am is not the right time to 'go to sleep' and the odd meltdown but on the whole a lot better than expected!

I'll be back into coding on the ruleset for Traveller in the New Year, spent a few days finishing up The Great Rift boxset. Aliens Vol 1 isn't far behind now either - now that I've added the optional stats to the Character Sheet. See the v1.2.1 thread for more info.

Hope you had a good one, cheers!
MBM

adzling
December 30th, 2020, 17:47
yeah ours haven't hit teenage years yet but covid lockdown over xmas has been challenging.

picked up aliens 1 & 2 from mongoose for xmas present, the vargr equipment made our vargr player wince "how come human guns don't have a human head on the top"

Xargun
December 30th, 2020, 18:24
Yeah mine got deleted last night too. I have recreated it, rebooked my stuff and joined their Discord server. Hoping it was a fluke.

Xargun

ColinBuckler
December 31st, 2020, 00:44
The times are not very family friendly - so will the sessions be recorded ?

I saw the question asked earlier but didn't see an answer.....

Xargun
December 31st, 2020, 01:24
Just saw this on the College discord server...

Flo the Dadapon [+1] SWToday at 7:41 AM
-===============================-
FGC Website partial DB corruption
-===============================-
Due to a bug with Wordpress part of our DB has been corrupted, which may have let to your Website account being deleted. Simply sign up again and everything should be back to working.

So that explains what happened last night

Xargun

MadBeardMan
December 31st, 2020, 14:53
The times are not very family friendly - so will the sessions be recorded ?

I saw the question asked earlier but didn't see an answer.....

Best email FGC then and ask, but Matt and myself are doing a QA session in a few weeks.

Cheers,
MBM

GregRex
January 1st, 2021, 23:51
I should have been a little more pro-active here.

If you got deleted and signed up for a class please try to get a seat again. Otherwise, you can DM me directly on Discord @G-Rex#1398 and I will open up a seat for you.

Additionally, we will have at least 2 more classes coming to the schedule for January.

adzling
January 2nd, 2021, 17:01
ok ill try to sign up again today, i was signed up for all of them hope they still are open

GregRex
January 4th, 2021, 17:36
We just added a couple more classes. One on the 12th and another on the 19th.

I'm also gauging interest in a workshop on the 18th. I would like to combine GM101 and GM102 into a single 3-4 block starting around 2 pm EDT/7 pm UTC. Please let me know if that sounds appealing

Sylvesr
January 5th, 2021, 04:45
What is the class start time? I signed up for two courses one starts at 1900 and the other at 2230 but noticed that I am meant to subtract my UTC (?). I live in Florida. Is UTC the same as Zulu or Greenwhich Mean Time? If so then I subtract 5 hours from the start times then? So class A above starts ad 1400 and class B starts at 1730?

Xargun
January 5th, 2021, 14:12
What is the class start time? I signed up for two courses one starts at 1900 and the other at 2230 but noticed that I am meant to subtract my UTC (?). I live in Florida. Is UTC the same as Zulu or Greenwhich Mean Time? If so then I subtract 5 hours from the start times then? So class A above starts ad 1400 and class B starts at 1730?

UTC is GMT. So Florida is east coast (same as me). Right now subtract 5 hours from the time. Your times above are correct.

Xargun

MadBeardMan
January 6th, 2021, 23:42
Remember if you want questions answered attend the Q&A session. I know they're going to send me some questions ahead of time so those can be answered, and I'm seeing if they want me to share screen to you can see how things fit behind the scenes etc.

Cheers,
MBM