PDA

View Full Version : Learning How

Sylvesr
December 22nd, 2020, 23:07
Learning to build and run a combat scenario:

I have a combat tracker loaded with 2 NPCs and the five PC's sheets.
On the player sheets ea PC has battle dress armor and slug thrower skills on their skill tabs. On the inventory tab or main tab for NPCs both NPCs and PCs have Combat Armor (TL 10), and various pistols listed. The PC sheets on the inventory tab are set to equipped making the armor and pistols available.
On the combat tracker when I when I select and drag targeting for the NPCs the PCs are properly targeted and the PC's are also able to target an NPC. Next when I select the "Attacks" button (the Pistol shaped icon) for each NPC and PC only the NPC's weapons lists appear. The PC's weapons do NOT appear, though I was able to use the targeting function.
Next when I hover over the Shield Icon NO title naming the meaning of the Icon appears like it does for the other Icons (Targets, Attacks, Defense (?) and Effects) and when I click the Shield icon, the fields do appear, but they are blank for the PC sheets and are present for the NPCs.

So my dilemma is that on my combat tracker none of the PCs armor shows up nor do their weapons.

Next, and this seems odd, (perhaps there is a bug in my version of FGU?), when I cycled through the equipment status icon (Carried, Equipped, Blank) to see if the armor and weapons would appear, the Armor type the PC is equipped with briefly flashes in the armor category row.
I am operating FGU version 3.3.12A.

Does any one have a suggestion on what I should do to get my combat tracker operating properly?

MadBeardMan
December 23rd, 2020, 00:44
Learning to build and run a combat scenario:

I have a combat tracker loaded with 2 NPCs and the five PC's sheets.
On the player sheets ea PC has battle dress armor and slug thrower skills on their skill tabs. On the inventory tab or main tab for NPCs both NPCs and PCs have Combat Armor (TL 10), and various pistols listed. The PC sheets on the inventory tab are set to equipped making the armor and pistols available.
On the combat tracker when I when I select and drag targeting for the NPCs the PCs are properly targeted and the PC's are also able to target an NPC. Next when I select the "Attacks" button (the Pistol shaped icon) for each NPC and PC only the NPC's weapons lists appear. The PC's weapons do NOT appear, though I was able to use the targeting function.
Next when I hover over the Shield Icon NO title naming the meaning of the Icon appears like it does for the other Icons (Targets, Attacks, Defense (?) and Effects) and when I click the Shield icon, the fields do appear, but they are blank for the PC sheets and are present for the NPCs.

So my dilemma is that on my combat tracker none of the PCs armor shows up nor do their weapons.

Next, and this seems odd, (perhaps there is a bug in my version of FGU?), when I cycled through the equipment status icon (Carried, Equipped, Blank) to see if the armor and weapons would appear, the Armor type the PC is equipped with briefly flashes in the armor category row.
I am operating FGU version 3.3.12A.

Does any one have a suggestion on what I should do to get my combat tracker operating properly?

Hi Sylvesr,

A few things to answer.

First PC attacks don't appear on the CT, as the players use their Character Sheets for attacks. NPC attacks appear as the GM doesn't then have to keep opening the NPC sheets, it's like this in DnD so I copied it.

Second, something appears up with the Equipping of armour, it shouldn't flash and vanish like that, and it's that 'shown list of armour' that gets added to the CT, so if it's empty on the PC sheet it's empty on the CT.

I'll look into this, does seem something odd is happening.

Cheers,
MBM