PDA

View Full Version : The World of Menora - Homebrew Campaign

LionHeart3711
December 22nd, 2020, 23:05
***CURRENTLY CLOSED***

Menora is a diverse world rich in history. It is theorized that before the arrival of the Elves, the world was ruled solely by Dragons. As such, much of the world has been infused with their powerful innate magics. The arrival of the Elves however, heralded an age of exploration and the founding of many strongholds run by Elves, Humans, and Dwarves alike. It was also an age prone to massive conflicts, especially between the Elves and Dragons. Eventually, a handful of brave, innovative Elves created a truce with the mighty and powerful Dragons. And thus, the Dragon Riders were formed and a golden era began.

However, your adventure begins in 1496 PA (or Post-Arrivals), about 230 years after the fall of the Dragon Riders. The world is in the midst of The Age of Darkness: conflicts abound between the Humans; the Dwarves have adopted a stance of isolationism; the Elves have retreated into their forests; and now, major war is brewing in the south.

A group of seemingly ordinary individuals have all received an invitation to the capital city by the behest of the Ilium Council. What they have in common, only they know. Or…perhaps their adventures will tell them.

Hey, if you’ve read this far, thanks for coming! A while ago, I decided to undertake the task of homebrewing my own world. I will admit that I am a new DM, but I have been playing D&D for a few years now. I am planning on running my first full campaign, hopefully starting sometime after the new year. If you are still interested at this point, please see below:

WHEN: Friday Nights (UTC-0600, Central Time for US and Canada)
- no specific time as of yet, but probably early evening, with the intention of playing for 3+ hours each session.
- every other Friday is also an option on the table; homebrewing is time-consuming haha.

HOW LONG: Unknown
- I’m honestly not sure how long this game could be. Maybe six months, but maybe 2 years.

PLAYER SPECIFICS
- I am looking for 2 players, of any experience level. (If you are an experienced player/DM, please remember that this is my first time DM-ing; patience please.)
- I plan on using Fantasy Grounds Unity, and since I have the full license, players need only the Demo version (unless you have a license too, then it's just an added bonus!).
- The party currently includes: a Ranger/Rogue, a Fighter, and a Monk.
- This is going to be a high-fantasy campaign.
- While there will of course be combat and opportunities for some dungeon-diving, this campaign is ideally going to be centered around character development and role-playing.
- When coming up with a character concept, I would kindly ask that you keep your backstory as vague as possible (make it as tragic as you want, of course!) but the fewer specifics you have in it, the easier it is to incorporate into the homebrew world.
- I do have a specific list of Races that will be available, but never fear; I am open to a good story hook, if you’ve got one. I have also created sub-races specific to my homebrew world, but most of the general ones are included.
- As for classes, all PHB classes are available, as well as almost all of the archetypes, regardless of source. So far, I have only created one subclass, but there may be more.

INSPIRATIONS
A lot of my concepts and ideas are obviously not wholly original, but I like to think I’ve added my own twists. With that being said, my biggest inspirations are:
- The Inheritance Cycle, by Christopher Paolini
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, by JRR Tolkien
- A Song of Ice and Fire, by George RR Martin
- Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt videogame
- Matthew Mercer, specifically him as a story-teller

If you are still here in this forum, thank you. If you would like to respond via the forum thread or by PM and “apply” (for lack of a better term), please reply using the below format but obviously filling in your answers. Thank you again!

About You
Name: (username is a-okay!)
D&D Experience:
Preferred Class:
Favorite RPG Experience:

About Your Character
Name:
Race:
Class:
Alignment:
General Backstory: (optional)

Rex of Friendship Party
December 23rd, 2020, 03:08
I've got a few questions I'd like to ask. can you add
Name: Michael
Experience:6 months of DMing, very little as a playerr.
I dont exactly have a favorite class yet, but I may be looking at a fighter, Samurai subclass or Artificer, Armorer subclass.

damned
December 23rd, 2020, 09:03
Hi LionHeart3711 please can you also include whether FGC or FGU and what type of license players will need.

johnecc
December 23rd, 2020, 12:12
Also Lionheart3711, could you list what timezone you are in. Friday night for you could be 2am or 2pm for someone else.

Sir Bluto of Faber
December 25th, 2020, 01:02
name: Sir Bluto of Faber
experience: d&d 3.5e and 5e pathfinder, 1e (no fantasy grounds exp though)
preferred class: any/cleric
Favorite rpg experience: when my half elf warlock of the old ones/cleric of trickery convinced a crew of pirates their ship was haunted and to abandon ship and freeing my party after I broke out of my cell (urchin background). The entire crew missed their will saves. My DM rolled twelve time never rolled over ten for any of them. He wasn't mad at me he thought it was funny, but he damned his dice pretty vehemently.
Character name: Based off your worlds naming conventions if it has any. Illium was troy right? As an example, Nestor or Diomedes or personal favorite Xenophonzie.
race: I don't know what you have available or what you restrict but it will definitely make sense in your world and and probably make sense for a cleric or what I pick Do you have gods ?
Alignment: neutral good
general back story: idealistic cleric who doesn't cotton with corruption in the church and that has unknowingly led to my character not being liked by some of the higher ups. They sent me out to something, something, mcguffin maybe to get rid of me for awhile or maybe to be rid of my troublesome priest forever.... or what ever you want my characters back story to be. I'll be a bunch of plot hooks I don't mind