PDA

View Full Version : Can't open FGU after update

MCPuckett
December 22nd, 2020, 22:10
I updated FGU last night and the program hasn't been able to open since. Whenever I click on the icon, I get a pop-up window with a red box and a white exclamation point.

I've tried restarting my computer, updating windows, and re-installing FGU. Nothing seems to be working.

I'm supposed to be running a session in an hour and the program is totally letting me down. Has anyone else run into this issue, especially after the most recent update?

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2020, 22:21
Welcome to FG.

It sounds like possibly your anti virus has quarantined FG, so check that and that you have an exception in place.

Other than that you’ll need to zip up your logs and post them so that the devs can take a look.

MCPuckett
December 22nd, 2020, 22:26
Is there a tutorial for how to zip up my logs? I can't seem to access any of the program data - even my campaign files seem to be missing.

I checked my anti-virus software and it says that nothing has been blocked or quarantined.

Zacchaeus
December 23rd, 2020, 00:16
Log files are found in the FGdata folder and some are in the installation folder as well.

Updating FG will not affect your data so that folder should still be on your computer. If you installed to the default location this will be %AppData%/Roaming/Smiteworks. The installation folder is ProgramFiles/Smiteworks.