PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG - Shadowrun 4E - Client combat tracker problem

Skullbert
December 22nd, 2020, 21:52
Hello all,

my players have the problem that they can't see the combat tracker completely (and also they are not able to interact with it) for the following ruleset:

Ruleset: Shadowrun 4e (Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24935-Updated-CoreRPG-based-Shadowrun-4E-Rulest)).
Screenshot: 42219

The error message are as follows:
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua"]:17: attempt to index global 'active' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (button_ctentry_client_active) in windowclass (client_ct_entry)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (token_ctentry_client) in windowclass (client_ct_entry)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/clientct_entry.lua"]:17: attempt to index global 'active' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (button_ctentry_client_active) in windowclass (client_ct_entry)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (token_ctentry_client) in windowclass (client_ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(name) anchoring to an undefined control (token) in windowclass (client_ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(name) anchoring to an undefined control (token) in windowclass (client_ct_entry)

The ruleset is based on CoreRPG and was originally programmed by iaamward (Thank you very much for creating the ruleset, I respect your work).

The same error was already discussed here 2 years ago for Cthulhu (Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45166-3-36a-CoC-client-combat-tracker-problem)), and it was stated here that the error was only caused after the update to FG 3.36 in 2018.
First of all - I have neither loaded extensions, nor are there unzipped rulesets or other folders in the rulesets or vault subfolders.

Also, it is not possible to put players/npcs from the combat tracker to the (battle)map. I tried it several times and received following error message:
"Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_token.lua"]:24: attempt to call field 'replaceCombatantToken' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_token.lua"]:24: attempt to call field 'replaceCombatantToken' (a nil value)"

Since I have already tried all possibilities (including the insight into the ruleset via xml itself), I unfortunately don't know how to help myself any further than to turn to you at this point.

If you need any further information, please let me know.
Many thanks in advance :)

damned
December 23rd, 2020, 09:13
There were some changes to the CoreRPG Combat Tracker where a lot of the config was pulled from the CT and into templates.
This is most likely the cause.
I cant fix right now - too many other things going on. I have sent the thread to Ian to see if he has any time to have a look.

Skullbert
December 23rd, 2020, 15:47
Hi damned,

thanks for your quick reply and also forwarding this topic to Ian :) I tried to send him a message, but unfortunately his message box already reached the maximum of messages ;)
I really appreciate your work, and also know that you are handling this problems in your free time. Because of this, I would also donate something for that, because I can imagine that coding in an xml-sheet, which is 2 years ago, is very complicated and demanding. In my opinion, this is something which should be rewarded (especially for a free ruleset, which is shared for free with the rpg community).
I am looking foward for your answer :)

Merry christmas to you all and enjoy your holidays!