PDA

View Full Version : FGU made images slow to load

TheDarkMantle
December 22nd, 2020, 13:43
Hey everyone

Any tips on speeding up the loading of maps made using the FGU image editor for my players. I used one for the first time last night, it took a couple of minutes to load on each of my players screens. Considering the images I've seen in the map packs, with lots of trees and other assets used, I don't think the image had that many layers to it.

Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance!

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2020, 14:45
That's all down to time to share with all of your players, based off total size of assets, how many players are connected, your Internet upload speed, your players download speed, what else is going on in FGU at the time, etc., etc..

You can share maps ahead of time - maybe make sure they're unidentified and that LOS is enabled (or apply a mask if not using LoS) - so that the players can't guess what it is in their image list and if they open it all they'll see is a black map until tokens are put on it.

TheDarkMantle
December 22nd, 2020, 23:06
Good workarounds, though it really just moves the delay to the initial connection and loading. It should help prevent the breaking of immersion while waiting.