PDA

View Full Version : FGU- DB Issue

mafreedman08
December 22nd, 2020, 12:50
I've started to encounter an issue with my FG campaign. When FGU when GA I moved my campaign from Classic to Unity and it had been working fine, with all the extensions. Suddenly i started to get DB errors, see attached logs. Of interest I noticed that many items in the character sheet or party inventory remain but all the of the data associated with the name is gone. I have to go into items and re-drag them to the character sheets. I haven't noticed any other error in the game.

Any help would be grateful. We've been playing the same campaign since march and although I have a backup of the DB and the characters I'd prefer to start a fresh campaign as I have a lot of custom content.

Thanks

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2020, 13:40
It sounds like your campaign data has become corrupted - probably due to exiting incorrectly or something similar.

If you go into FG data folder and find the campaigns folder and then the folder with your campaign name on it. Make a copy of this folder and put it somewhere else. The open the original and find the file called db.xml (if you don't see the .xml bit then switch on file extensions from the view menu at the top of the window). Rename the file to dbold.xml and then find the largest db.session.xxxxxxxx,xml file. Make a copy of that file and then rename the copy to db.xml and then start up your campaign.

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2020, 19:07
I reviewed and those errors shouldn't have any impact on your gameplay. They're related to some objects not getting fully cleaned up; which is why the error is there to help track them down.

Unfortunately, you are running a ton of custom modules and extensions, which I do not have access to. However, if you can think of a specific set of steps that you do that will trigger that error when returning to the launcher, then I can see if I can recreate without all the custom material I don't have.

Regards,
JPG

mafreedman08
December 22nd, 2020, 21:42
So what keeps happening is items in the individual party inventory goes blank. Title will be there but other values will disappear, weapons, armor and equipment. May not be related to what’s in the logs. Trying Zacc’s idea

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2020, 21:44
So what keeps happening is items in the individual party inventory goes blank. Title will be there but other values will disappear, weapons, armor and equipment. May not be related to what’s in the logs. Trying Zacc’s idea

I didn't look at the logs; but Moon Wizard did. If you are using a bunch of extensions then that's probably the problem as he points out.

mafreedman08
December 22nd, 2020, 21:46
I’ll try that again. I did disable all of them and still had the issue

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2020, 21:49
According to logs, you have 82 modules loaded, and 33 extensions loaded. I would expect a lot of conflicts and issues with 33 extensions running (especially multiple version of same extension like you have).

I would suggest starting over by renaming the modulestate.xml and extensionstate.xml in your campaign directory; and verifying whether it's still an issue.

Regards,
JPG

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2020, 21:49
I’ll try that again. I did disable all of them and still had the issue

Extensions could still leave a lot of code mixed into the xml of the campaign even after they've been disabled. And as a result have a continued impact. All depends on what the extension does and how much they impacted on the character.

mafreedman08
December 22nd, 2020, 22:57
Thanks. I don’t have that many extensions or modules loaded. I was looking and did discover an extension file that appeared to be corrupt. I’ll keep looking

Moon Wizard
December 23rd, 2020, 00:46
According to the notes in the console.log file you provided, those are all being loaded (not just available on disk). This is why I suggested renaming those files to reduce the overhead of pinpointing the issue.

Regards,
JPG

mafreedman08
December 23rd, 2020, 01:01
Thanks. I did as suggested. I should not have been loading all those files for the campaign. I also noticed an extension that turned out to be corrupted. Initial testing looks good.

mafreedman08
December 23rd, 2020, 17:04
One more question. I notice 25-30 token modules are being loaded. In FGU I don't see an option to unload them like in FGC. I'm assuming FGU is using the modelstate.xml to load them, and it was copied over with the campaign. In FGU do you still select token mods or do they auto load when you search/select the bag in the assets tab?

BTW Thank you for your help. It seems to be working now and I understand the file structure better so I'll bother you less

Moon Wizard
December 23rd, 2020, 17:06
In FGU, all available assets (images/tokens) are loaded automatically, and made available in the Assets window. There is no need to load/unload at all.

Regards,
JPG