PDA

View Full Version : Authorization failed license key conflict

Baron28
December 22nd, 2020, 02:57
Authorization failed license key conflict in fantasy grounds unity. Only 3 people can join a game. 4th person with a license who joins get this error message.

GM has ultimate license. Players are a mix of ultimate, standard or demo. The workaround was for players to remove their license keys.

We are all running Unity v4.0.5. This happened yesterday evening.

Please advise.

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2020, 03:41
Odds are 2 of the players were using the same license key. Which is a violation of the license agreement. Verify all players are using their own unique license keys. If the issue then persists, I would have everyone compile logs and then contact support directly with a list of all user names and license keys. They can then validate that their are no issues with any of the keys etc.

Baron28
December 22nd, 2020, 07:25
Odds are 2 of the players were using the same license key. Which is a violation of the license agreement. Verify all players are using their own unique license keys. If the issue then persists, I would have everyone compile logs and then contact support directly with a list of all user names and license keys. They can then validate that their are no issues with any of the keys etc.

Not possible since everyone at the "table" a week ago was able to sign in with no issues. We tried different combinations of people signing in and EVERY TIME the 4th person attempted to sign in the error was triggered.

Not one single person at our table is using another's license key. To suggest that is out of line.

A coincidence that this started happening after the last update. No one at our table is on the company's payroll and until we are I leave it to the employees at SmiteWorks to test their product. I've provided the error and the circumstances under which it is triggered.

The work around is for the players to remove their license key and run FGU as a demo connecting to a GM with an ultimate license. Ridiculous that this what it takes to get more than 3 players connected to the "table".

We will continue to use the software in this manner until another patch comes out. If this doesn't give solved, our group may revert back to the more stable FGC.

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2020, 10:41
No one at our table is on the company's payroll and until we are I leave it to the employees at SmiteWorks to test their product. I've provided the error and the circumstances under which it is triggered.
I understand you have an issue, but to the best of my knowledge no one else is reporting this. Therefore, it's more than likely an edge case and I highly doubt the information provided in this thread will allow the developers to track down such an edge case. The minimum they'll need is the log files as LordEntrails mentioned. The developers really appreciate assistance in tracking issues like this down, so please provide some logfiles if possible. Thanks.

ddavison
December 22nd, 2020, 16:02
License key conflict generally means that there are two identical keys in use. It's not inappropriate to suggest that this might be the cause. It happens more than you would think -- and often by accident. We see it more often with families who purchase multiple licenses. They all have their own license, but they accidentally installed the same one on multiple devices. You can have them all double-check and just make sure that the last several digits of each are different.

If you can have everyone verify their license key and you can recreate the issue, then contact [email protected] and provide logs and usernames to help us recreate it on our end. Our support staff can reach out to those users to get additional information, such as license keys used.

If this license key conflict is not related to duplicate license keys, then we would have to look into other potential causes that would create an inaccurate error message. I can't think of any at the moment, so it may take us a while looking at logs to track it down. As Trenloe mentioned, we don't have other reported cases of this and that would be something that would trigger very frequently if all it took was a 4th person joining a game.

Baron28
December 27th, 2020, 06:09
This issue has mysteriously cleared itself up on its own. I GM'd a game last Tuesday night and there were no issues. I played in a game Wednesday and there were no issues. I do recall taking an update prior to my Tuesday night game.

Whatever was done to troubleshoot to determine root cause, solve, test and deploy, thank you!