PDA

View Full Version : Tokens move too fast!

seycyrus
December 22nd, 2020, 01:56
I know that this hardly sounds like a problem when there are some folks out there who have had a laggy, slow experience in the past. But is there any way to slow token movement down?

After I approve the players movement, I want them to see the line of sight slowly reveal parts of the map they haven't seen before. I want the shadows to move as their token moves. They way it is now, the token movement literally take a fraction of a second, *ZIP*, token is moved.

Is their any way to slow it down?

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2020, 03:46
Not that I know of.

JohnD
December 22nd, 2020, 04:29
Agreed... slower movement would be better I believe.

Ludd_G
December 22nd, 2020, 09:50
+1 for allowing us to control the movement speed to our table's liking.

I'm sure there are some that like their tokens zipping around - I think it looks daft and feels really not in keeping with the pace of a table-top game, especially during exploration - but I'd hate them to lose their preferred style just to accommodate mine, so a variable speed setting would be great.

Jiminimonka
December 22nd, 2020, 13:59
Perhaps with the improvements to LOS coming this will be added as well.

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2020, 14:16
It's ironic really. When locked movement first appeared the tokens moved like treacle. Now that they fixed it; they are going too fast. Can't please everyone all the time :)

seycyrus
December 22nd, 2020, 14:16
Is this suggestion feasible?

Jiminimonka
December 22nd, 2020, 14:24
It's ironic really. When locked movement first appeared the tokens moved like treacle. Now that they fixed it; they are going too fast. Can't please everyone all the time :)

I can understand why it would be a benefit - all that visual effect of revealing a corridor or some other area and it whizzes out of sight. It would look nice seeing stuff revealed as the token moves, maybe it should take 3 or times as long to move the token just for the visual effects, for those that want it. But no more treacle (except on porridge)!

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2020, 14:27
Yes, I'm sure it is. I can't remember the specific details but tokens originally moved at 1/5 of the grid size per cycle (or something like that) - and that make them terribly slow. I'm not sure what Carl did to make them faster but they do shoot along at a fair old lick now. So I'm assuming that the rate at which they move can be varied. I''m also fairly sure that Carl is up to his neck in dynamic lighting at the moment - so it'll be a while before he can look at it. But no harm in adding it to the suggestions.

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2020, 14:28
. But no more treacle (except on porridge)!

This suggestion is almost sacrilegious :)

ddavison
December 22nd, 2020, 15:51
I added a ticket to adjust the speed based on the total # of grid spaces moved. It might make sense to travel roughly 6 spaces in 3s as a general rule. We may be able to make this adjustable in the settings somewhere as well.

Jiminimonka
December 22nd, 2020, 15:59
I added a ticket to adjust the speed based on the total # of grid spaces moved. It might make sense to travel roughly 6 spaces in 3s as a general rule. We may be able to make this adjustable in the settings somewhere as well.

Nice one!

seycyrus
December 22nd, 2020, 16:13
Great News!

Ludd_G
December 22nd, 2020, 16:34
Excellent!

Zacchaeus
December 22nd, 2020, 17:35

He had a red suit on and was wearing a white beard when he posted this. You do all realise this, right? :)

seycyrus
December 22nd, 2020, 18:20
He had a red suit on and was wearing a white beard when he posted this. You do all realise this, right? :)

I certainly do!

LordEntrails
December 22nd, 2020, 18:29
https://previews.123rf.com/images/deagreez/deagreez1911/deagreez191105069/134369534-full-body-photo-of-crazy-santa-white-hair-grandpa-rushing-x-mas-party-speed-by-retro-bike-wear-trend.jpg