PDA

View Full Version : Cant load new rulesets.

Mammon
May 31st, 2007, 00:48
I downloaded these rulesets from a website, put them into the module folder and renamed the extention (.xml) to .mod. So it should show up on FGII right? thats what the other rulesets are called. But it dosnt. Its as if theyre not even there. If theres a way to fix this, please help. (simplicity is better :P)

Griogre
May 31st, 2007, 03:23
I could be wrong but it seems unlikely there are many new FG2 rulesets. Likely you have a FG1 ruleset which will not run with FG2. The XML data is not compatible.

If it is an FG2 module you need to do more than change the extention. Mod files are zipped files which contain three files in FG2.

Foen
May 31st, 2007, 06:29
.mod files are not xml, they are zipped archives. For FGII, each .mod (zip) typically contains a definition.xml file (which includes, among other things, the name of ruleset which the module is compatible with), a thumbnail icon and the data contents of the module.

Likewise, .pak files are whole ruleset directories zipped. But to use a .pak, it needs to be in the FGII application directory, not the data directory, and you need to have a couple of entries in your Windows system registry so that the .pak ruleset is visible to FGII.

For a brief intro to .pak files, see this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6276).

I hope that helps.

Cheers

Stuart
(Foen)