PDA

View Full Version : Lighting and Line of Sight Questions in upcoming Unity Updates

Amerisun
December 21st, 2020, 01:55
Wonder if anyone has seen anything to the effect of Lighting and Line of Sight. I noticed in the stream just recently they talked about LoS and vision being pretty cool, but I was curious what kind of features we might get first iteration and then "down the road" as with Unity you could virtually do anything here, just curious what has been talked about then what might be possible?

LoS - This would be probably first iteration, can only see where you should, in the distance you should. Maybe not even with darkness / torches?
LoS with Light - I would guess this could also be in the first iteration also, but this could go as far as have points of lights on the map, fires, and people carrying torches, and affect how you see things from both a distance and closer to it. I would imagine you can see pretty far around a campfire going in the distance, but can't see outside your own torch between you and that same fire, and having a torch close to you would help to make the distant light harder to see.
Darkvision - Here you can see in the dark, but in the dark everything is shades of grey, will the line of sight and lighting effect how this is shown to the player? Is it planned for Fantasy Grounds to have it?
Infravision - Here you can see in infra-red light waves.. everything looks different in infrared. You would see outlines of things, and their heat patterns and different colors of blue / red for walls and floors and creatures. This one I think is a reach, or at least difficult, but possible, just curious if this is "on the table" or not.
Ultraviolet - This would probably never happen, but just kind of throwing out ideas here.. Not even sure if this is in any ruleset (Aliens? any other?), but I am just thinking outside the box here. All shades of Grey but based on ultravoilet and there would be a haze in the air based on Rayleigh's optical depth against the UV wavelength.

I can't think of any other, but.. just curious what the framework of the Light and LoS mechanic will be in Fantasy Grounds technology.

Thanks!

Kelrugem
December 21st, 2020, 02:00
Doug already leaked what seemingly happens in the first iteration :D See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64462-Super-Secret-Sneak-Preview-of-Lighting-and-Vision-Shhhh-don-t-tell-Carl-and-John :)

Patou
December 23rd, 2020, 05:27
Doug already leaked what seemingly happens in the first iteration :D See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64462-Super-Secret-Sneak-Preview-of-Lighting-and-Vision-Shhhh-don-t-tell-Carl-and-John :)

Wow!! Things to look forward to! Thanks for sharing