PDA

View Full Version : Players Unable to use modules

Strider2
December 20th, 2020, 22:59
We were starting to use FGU in my campaign for the first time today. I am hosting on a Mac with players on Mac and Windows 10 devices. While the mac players had no issues seeing everything, the PC users were unable to access any of the modules. The user in question has full read and write access to the folder. Attached is a screenshot of the error message he's getting.

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2020, 23:10
Welcome to FG.

The errors suggest that the user does not have the proper permissions to the campaign data location. They’ll need to double check. Another possibility is that their ant virus is interfering so a good idea to make sure that they have exceptions in place for FGU.

The installer should sort those permissions out. If they installed a while ago it may be worth reinstalling using the latest installer from the store.

Moon Wizard
December 21st, 2020, 03:06
It also looks like there is a trailing space in the campaign folder on the GM machine (i.e. "Phalien "). The GM should remove the trailing space from the campaign folder name, as that will possibly cause issues on some machines.

Regards,
JPG

Morgoth 3
December 22nd, 2020, 17:45
@Moon Wizard

That fixed it. THANK YOU!!!