PDA

View Full Version : Starting FGC rather slow

Milmoor
December 20th, 2020, 20:09
What will slow down the loading of FGC for the clients?
- my normal campaign: connecting a local client takes 38 seconds
- new speedtest campaign: connecting a local client takes 20 seconds

The same extensions. The modules are about the same, getting those quite the same is a bit harder, but it will be close. Less characters, and less story in the speedtest campaign. I've been playing for about a year, so there will be DM's with far more material. Less shared maps/images/items etc. in the test campaign, but all data should be cached. I did time multiple times.

The machine is a A300 with a 3200G, and the campaign on a NVME SSD. That should do just fine.

Edit: also tested with a new campaign with only the MOTD extension and the DMG plus PHB: 20 seconds. So it's not the extensions or the loaded modules.

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2020, 02:25
If I understand, you are saying that 20 and 38 seconds are slow?

My understanding the biggest impact to load times is number of modules loaded, plus how many total modules you have since assets load whether the module is loaded or not.

Moon Wizard
December 21st, 2020, 03:02
Also, the number of tokens in the FG data folder under tokens will have an impact. As well as the number and size of images in the campaign images folder.

Regards,
JPG

Milmoor
December 21st, 2020, 09:14
Thanks both, will try without those assets. I want to find out what causes it. That will allow me to choose whether to use those assets or not.

Whether 38 seconds is slow, is certainly usable, but it used to be faster. Can't quantify that though.

LordEntrails
December 21st, 2020, 16:59
Note, I just noticed this is for FGC, therefore my comment about total assets doesn't apply as that is unique to FGU.