PDA

View Full Version : Necromancer Zombies

mhossom
December 20th, 2020, 16:34
Greetings All,

I just started playing a Necromancer and the DM and I are struggling to figure out how to handle control of the zombies I create.

One thought I had was to create extra "characters" called Zombie1,2,3....
How do I make a character with a monster as my template?

Thank you

EDIT: We are using FG Unity

LordEntrails
December 20th, 2020, 17:25
There are no 'templates' exactly. But you can create one Zombie PC and them copy it. Creating the first one though will require you to manually enter the information.

You can also just use an NPC, have the DM share it with you and set it to friendly on the CT. There are some limits to that approach though. Personally I suggest the PC approach, but up to you and your DM.

mhossom
December 20th, 2020, 17:38
We used the Friendly NPC thing last night. It worked, mostly. The biggest problem was making the DM move the zombie for me. I will try making a zombie PC and see how that goes.

thank you for the response.

Zacchaeus
December 20th, 2020, 17:41
Detailed video on giving control of NPCs to players here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43513-Video-Giving-player-control-of-an-NPC&p=387176#post387176

The main issue you have if you are using Unity is that you'll need to switch on Party Movement and Vision in order to be able to move your zombies.

Milmoor
December 21st, 2020, 13:32
No FG specific, but still related:
I've found that controlling your own minions has a bit of a hive mind effect. No interpretation issues and optimal coordination. And if you want to avoid that, you err the other way around and play but dumb brutes. So I'm going to ask other players to control my familiar and other minions. That will certainly create more interesting combat situations.

mhossom
December 21st, 2020, 13:44
That is a neat idea. It prevents you from being ultra precise with movement which fits with the lurching zombie thing.