PDA

View Full Version : Move "back" button from the dice radial menu to different position

Valyar
December 20th, 2020, 08:13
I have 4 custom dice that can be accessed from the D6 Custom Dice right-click context menu. Unfortunately, the back button overlaps with the last die and I can't select it to roll - it rather returns to the previous menu.

How I can adjust position of the back button, that is below the die icon in the screenshot below?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42161&stc=1&d=1608452011

damned
December 20th, 2020, 12:11
something like this:

function onInit()
registerMenuItem(Interface.getString("ct_menu_round5"), "num5", 4);
registerMenuItem(Interface.getString("ct_menu_round10"), "num10", 5);
registerMenuItem(Interface.getString("ct_menu_round15"), "num15", 6);
registerMenuItem(Interface.getString("ct_menu_round20"), "num20", 7);
end

Position 4 is the one you need to change to another number

Valyar
December 20th, 2020, 21:00
I find the menu items for the CT, but can't find for the mouse and dice menu :(

Moon Wizard
December 22nd, 2020, 18:41
This is a limitation in both FGC and FGU, in that only 3 custom dice are supported per die model. But, it is not enforced, it just overlaps and doesn't work with "back" menu. I can possibly improve this in FGU (add maximum cap and adjust to accommodate up to 5), but have no plans to implement any change like that in FGC.

By design, the back menu is hard-coded to always be opposite of the submenu that triggered it.

If you need more custom dice, you can look at the way that Rolemaster handles a similar situation, where they add a custom panel/control to the desktop to satisfy their need (i.e. initiate exploding percentile rolls on drag or double-click). With a panel, you can also completely customize your own radial menu for that control.

Regards,
JPG