PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Players: Icewind Dale Campaign - Rime of the Frostmaiden

ccatterson
December 19th, 2020, 17:37
EDIT: Positions currently filled. Thank you!

Good Day Adventurers!
I am currently running a campaign using Icewind Dale Rime of the Frostmaiden module and looking for a few good players!
The campaign is currently in session, but very early on in the progression -- so you haven't missed much!

FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity, Ultimate License Holder
Game System: D&D 5th Edition

Time Zone: Eastern US
Day of week and time: Alternate Sundays at 5pm ET
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 hours sessions (5pm ET - 9pm ET)
Term: Until we are done!

Text or Voice: Voice/Mic chat required; Video Webcam encouraged
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: very RPG Heavy but very dangerous world -- combat and survival is expected!
Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for 2 players
Character starting level & equipment: Level 3 plus 50gp to go shopping for equipment
Character restrictions: (See Invitation Document)

Details of your scenario:
Icewind Dale in the far frozen north has become locked in an endless winter. Characters are stuck in the middle of the Ten Towns as tension rise and supplies are dwindling.
Campaign currently includes the following Adventurers:

Paladin/Oath of the Crown
Barbarian/Ancestral Guardians
Ranger/Beast Master

Please see the following Invitation Document for more Information: Welcome to Icewind Dale! (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x3Yz9ZJrHGp5-aeR66mRbIQ08_sZXRgRly8OuEMwtfg/edit?usp=sharing)

Please DM me or reply to this thread with some background info about yourself including your experience with D&D 5e, Fantasy Grounds, and roleplaying in general. Please also give me some information on the kind of character you would like to create for this campaign.

Thanks so much!
I look forward to hearing from you!

Chris

Jadccroad
December 20th, 2020, 03:12
Hi Chris,

My wife and I (Jessica and James) would love to join. We haven't had the opportunity to be players in the same game, since one of us is usually DMing. We've been playing 5E for 5 years and have been using Fantasy Grounds for about 3 years. We just upgraded to Unity Ultimate. Jess has built campaigns in FG from scratch, I am mostly just familiar with player side and making abilities work though I have run games from FG.

We are on the East Coast of the U.S. so the schedule works perfectly for us. We are able to join by voice for sure, video is choppy with our slow internet connection.

We're not certain what classes we would like to play just yet, but you can expect at least one full caster.

ccatterson
December 20th, 2020, 07:36
Have sent you a PM. Would love to have each of you join up!

Cruise105
December 21st, 2020, 01:57
Greetings Chris,

My wife and I are also interested in joining if you aren't full. I have 19 years of experience playing D&D, my wife is just starting out with less than a year under her belt. We are looking for a game that we can both be players in, as I usually DM. Yes I know this sounds similar to the previous post. My name is Cruise and my wife is Tommi.

We are CT so we are one hour behind you, but this time works great for us as well.

Hope to hear back from you, even if its bad news.

archon1077
December 22nd, 2020, 23:01
Hi Chris,

My name is Ron I played DnD 2nd edition (tabletop) when I first started at 13, I'm now in my 40's. I have never played 5e and this is my very first post in the forums. Regardless I am eager to learn as well as play if you haven't already fulfilled your player quota. I also fall under the EST time zone so that shouldn't be an issue. I have both discord and video capabilities if required.

I have just made myself familiar with the information in the invitation. Sounds quite interesting having feats and secrets in Ten-Towns as well as the races and classes you would like to see.

I was thinking of maybe a Goliath Barbarian for race and class.

Let me know what you think.

JaymzLuke
December 23rd, 2020, 01:19
If you are still looking for a player I would be interested. In my late thirties been playing DnD since I was 14. I have a lot of experience playing 5e but have not played a campaign with the new unity system. I have a played about five or six full campaigns on the classic fantasy ground system but just recently switched to unity seems like a pretty seamless transition. As far as what I would play I honestly change it up a lot and will play just about anything but I have a dwarf sorcerer/cleric I have been wanting to play so that would be my first choice but can easily switch if needed.

ccatterson
December 23rd, 2020, 23:35
Thanks all for the interest. These spots are currently filled.
If anything changes, I will let you know!

Thanks again!