PDA

View Full Version : FGU: Thrash button buzzing/vibrating

Galdor
December 19th, 2020, 14:25
When I move my mouse pointer on the Thrash icon/button (for example to remove a pc/npc from the CT) that icon buzzes/vibrates/flutters and if I click on it nothing happens.
I have to move the pointer just a bit, still on the Thrash icon, in order to stop the icon vibrating: when the icon becomes still I may click on it and it works

Moderator: Moved to Savage Worlds forum

Zacchaeus
December 19th, 2020, 15:23
What ruleset are you using? And what theme? Are you using any extensions? Does this happen when you test in a campaign without extensions loaded?

Galdor
December 19th, 2020, 20:54
Ruleset: Savage Worlds. Theme: wood. No extension

PikeWake
December 19th, 2020, 22:02
I have seen the same issue when running Deadlands with SWADE on FGU.
The "flicker" or "buzzing and vibrating" is the tooltip bubble drawing an disappearing rapidly as long as the mouse pointer is over it. If you move the mouse pointer outside the bubble you can execute the command
Another example of the same behavior is in the "Marshal Fate Chips" window when using the radial menu to "Award random fate chip".
Looks like a problem with the tooltips.

Galdor
December 19th, 2020, 22:07
My bug issue is not on the tooltip; it is on the Thrash icon/button. And I have to move the pointer (just a bit) maintaining it ON the Thrash icon/button in order to stop it buzzing. Read my first post please

PikeWake
December 19th, 2020, 22:18
Yes, I understand that.
When you select the "trash" button you will first get a white box with rounded corners that says "delete combatant(s)" and then when you get the second trash icon it says "Confirm delete combatant(s)". Those white boxes are the tooltips.

I've been trying a few things and from what I can tell this happens only when the tooltip is displayed in the same area as the button you should click to execute the command. In most other cases the tooltip is displayed outside the button so this never happens.
So, Galdor, I'm not saying that you don't have this problem. I'm just trying to help the devs figure out what is wrong.

Galdor
December 19th, 2020, 22:22
Understood, thank you. I don't know if my bug is in some way linked to the tooltips: I know that it always happens

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2020, 23:23
Could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?
(Windows + Shift + S on Windows to grab screen snap)

Thanks,
JPG

Galdor
December 20th, 2020, 09:29
EDIT: it's the tooltip to buzz/vibrate!! (I think PikeWake was right!)

Could you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?
(Windows + Shift + S on Windows to grab screen snap)

Thanks,
JPG
I can not reproduce it, because the tooltip stabilize when I try to make the screenshot..:confused:

PikeWake
December 20th, 2020, 11:05
Yes, a screenshot wouldn't be much help since it would only capture what's currently on screen.
In the CT delete combatants case, the "flicker" is the texts "Delete combatant(s)" and "Confirm delete combatant(s)" alternating several times a second. A screenshot would only show the one displaying exactly when you take the shot, which would look like nothing is out of the ordinary.

I also tried to make a clip, but the flicker seems to synch with the video capture, so you can't see the effect on the resulting clip either.

Galdor
December 20th, 2020, 12:33
Yes, a screenshot wouldn't be much help since it would only capture what's currently on screen.
In the CT delete combatants case, the "flicker" is the texts "Delete combatant(s)" and "Confirm delete combatant(s)" alternating several times a second. A screenshot would only show the one displaying exactly when you take the shot, which would look like nothing is out of the ordinary.

I also tried to make a clip, but the flicker seems to synch with the video capture, so you can't see the effect on the resulting clip either.

Exactly! Thank you PikeWake

PikeWake
December 20th, 2020, 13:48
No problem. It's good to know that we're looking at the same problem.

To summarize:
This seems to be a general problem which occurs when the tooltip overlaps the click area of an underlying button.
If the mouse pointer is in both the radial menu button area and the tooltip for the button at the same time, the tooltip starts cycling through redrawing and disappearing several times a second and a mouse click does nothing while this is going on.
Moving the mouse outside the (latest drawn) tooltip stops the flickering and clicking executes the command as expected.
Moving the mouse back into the area of the latest drawn tooltip starts the flickering again.
In the "Delete Combatant(s)" case in the CT, this can be replicated by:

1. Right click on a NPC in the CT
2. Select "Delete Combatant(s)" in the radial menu
3. Move the mouse pointer to be inside the "Confirm Delete Combatant(s)" tooltip, and on the left side of the text (Around the "Con.." part).

The same bug appears whenever the tooltip overlaps the action, i.e. when the tooltip message is long enough to reach from the center of the radial menu (center of tooltip box) to the buttons on the radial menu. This can only happen when the action on the radial menu is at the "three o'clock or nine o'clock" position on the radial menu.

Galdor
December 20th, 2020, 13:54
No problem. It's good to know that we're looking at the same problem.

To summarize:
This seems to be a general problem which occurs when the tooltip overlaps the click area of an underlying button.
If the mouse pointer is in both the radial menu button area and the tooltip for the button at the same time, the tooltip starts cycling through redrawing and disappearing several times a second and a mouse click does nothing while this is going on.
Moving the mouse outside the (latest drawn) tooltip stops the flickering and clicking executes the command as expected.
Moving the mouse back into the area of the latest drawn tooltip starts the flickering again.
In the "Delete Combatant(s)" case in the CT, this can be replicated by:

1. Right click on a NPC in the CT
2. Select "Delete Combatant(s)" in the radial menu
3. Move the mouse pointer to be inside the "Confirm Delete Combatant(s)" tooltip, and on the left side of the text (Around the "Con.." part).

The same bug appears whenever the tooltip overlaps the action, i.e. when the tooltip message is long enough to reach from the center of the radial menu (center of tooltip box) to the buttons on the radial menu. This can only happen when the action on the radial menu is at the "three o'clock or nine o'clock" position on the radial menu.

Exactly, that is the bug/issue! And it's very annoying :cry:

PikeWake
December 23rd, 2020, 20:32
The latest release fixed the problem!
No flickering in any of the cases I found before.
Great work, as always!

Galdor
December 24th, 2020, 13:23
The latest release fixed the problem!
No flickering in any of the cases I found before.
Great work, as always!

Bug fixed with the last update! You are amazing, thank you!!