PDA

View Full Version : [SWADE] Bug & script error when adding actors to Party Sheet (100% reproducable)

Valyar
December 19th, 2020, 08:48
There is serious bug related to the Party Sheet that is plaguing all SWADE-based games I have. It is 100% reproducible on my side with existing or clean campaign started from scratch. Screenshot of the bug and the script error below. It is enough to create new or use existing campaign, modules loaded or not does not matter:

1. Create/Load campaign
2. Create character(s)/Use existing character(s)
3. Drag one or more PCs to the Party Sheet (all looks good at this point)
4. Delete the character(s) from the Party Sheet
5. Drag them back, the error is generated and interface is screwed up.
The only way out of this is reload of the ruleset.

If you create NEW character and drag it to the PS, all is good until you remove it and try to drag it back in to the PS.

[12/19/2020 10:09:50 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:43: attempt to index local 'ctrl' (a userdata value)
[12/19/2020 10:09:53 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:43: attempt to index local 'ctrl' (a userdata value)
[12/19/2020 10:09:55 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:43: attempt to index local 'ctrl' (a userdata value)
[12/19/2020 10:09:57 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/widgetfactory_benny.lua"]:43: attempt to index local 'ctrl' (a userdata value)

YggBjorn
December 19th, 2020, 14:28
It sometimes happens when you first add the character to the party sheet as well.

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2020, 23:28
I've forwarded to Ikael, who is the developer for the Savage Worlds ruleset. He responded earlier this week that he is away until the new year, and will be fixing reported issues then.

Regards,
JPG

cremolav
January 26th, 2021, 19:45
hello

I have the same problem.
There is the solution?

Ruleset : DeadlandsReloaded43248

When reset chips
Thanks,
Andrea

Doswelk
January 28th, 2021, 10:58
hello

I have the same problem.
There is the solution?

Ruleset : DeadlandsReloaded43248

When reset chips
Thanks,
Andrea

Cannot recreate issue (but I am using unreleased patched version), so I would say problem has been resolved, but it will be next patch Tuesday.

Mike Serfass
January 28th, 2021, 19:13
FYI: The benny piece of this was already fixed. It seems the fate chip piece wasn't.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64219-Script-Error-Dragging-PCs-to-Party-Sheet&highlight=party+sheet

cremolav
January 28th, 2021, 19:50
FYI: The benny piece of this was already fixed. It seems the fate chip piece wasn't.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64219-Script-Error-Dragging-PCs-to-Party-Sheet&highlight=party+sheet

Thanks, but in my case the error appeared only after 2021/01/22 update
It occurs on old adventure and on new advenntures; only with DeadlandsReloaded extension.

Error Master :43312

The error from the player is the same when starter games.

My error not is the same with the link; in this case it is "nil" error, in the file widgetfactory_fatechip ( into DeadlandsReloaded.ext) line 16 but original error is the line 15 because the object "control" = nil, is empty the information from get the window control to add the widget to

For me if one of developers look the error solved immediately.

Add consol log.

Thanks,
Andrea

cremolav
February 3rd, 2021, 18:38
Cannot recreate issue (but I am using unreleased patched version), so I would say problem has been resolved, but it will be next patch Tuesday.

Hello,
i have update FGU but the problem is the same.
Windows 10, 16GB RAM, nvidia GEFORGE GTX 1650:

FGU:
[2/3/2021 7:04:36 PM] FGU: v4.0.9 ULTIMATE (2021-01-26)

ResetChips in new campaing into the party sheet :

GM LOG:

Rulset: SWADE
Extensions : DeadlandsReloaded

Thanks,
Andrea