PDA

View Full Version : Ganging Up Effect does not appear to be working

amerigoV
December 18th, 2020, 23:07
Greetings.

I tried this first as a racial modifier on an NPC, then directly in the combat tracker. The [@Ganging Up -2] does not look to be working. See attached for a simple fight where +1 gang up is in play (and FGU is calculating correctly) but the offset is not.

The only extension loaded are Enhanced Library and SW Maker (I unloaded those, issue still arises). Only library items loaded are SWADE GM/PLayer

FGU 4.0.5 2020-12-17, Current version of the SWADE module 5.2.10

Let me know if there is anything else that might help.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2020, 23:09
I've forwarded to Aki. He has mentioned that he will be offline until the new year, so it won't be looked at until after that.

Regards,
JPG

amerigoV
December 19th, 2020, 04:43
I've forwarded to Aki. He has mentioned that he will be offline until the new year, so it won't be looked at until after that.

Regards,
JPG

Thank you!

tavishill
December 23rd, 2020, 13:05
On a Gang Up related note (and I've seen nothing will be looked at until new year, which is fine) Gang up bonus doesn't calculate for characters with reach weapons attacking at reach.

If my spear or staff armed character is adjacent to a foe, then their allies that are also adjacent provide Gang Up bonus. If the character with reach is not adjacent, then the allies that ARE adjacent don't provide Gang Up.

amerigoV
December 25th, 2020, 04:07
On a Gang Up related note (and I've seen nothing will be looked at until new year, which is fine) Gang up bonus doesn't calculate for characters with reach weapons attacking at reach.

If my spear or staff armed character is adjacent to a foe, then their allies that are also adjacent provide Gang Up bonus. If the character with reach is not adjacent, then the allies that ARE adjacent don't provide Gang Up.

I was looking at this the other day as well. For me, it worked, but it never counted the Reach Attacker at all (and I think that is right with a strict reading). So if have two attackers but one is a square away with Reach, there is no bonus. If there are two attackers adjacent to the enemy and a 3rd attacker with Reach attacks (a 3rd person) - they are getting a +1 Ganging Up bonus. That part was working for me.

Ikael
December 28th, 2020, 15:32
Greetings.

I tried this first as a racial modifier on an NPC, then directly in the combat tracker. The [@Ganging Up -2] does not look to be working. See attached for a simple fight where +1 gang up is in play (and FGU is calculating correctly) but the offset is not.

The only extension loaded are Enhanced Library and SW Maker (I unloaded those, issue still arises). Only library items loaded are SWADE GM/PLayer

FGU 4.0.5 2020-12-17, Current version of the SWADE module 5.2.10

Let me know if there is anything else that might help.

The correct effect is [@GangUp -2] or "Ganging Up"

amerigoV
December 31st, 2020, 02:54
The correct effect is [@GangUp -2] or "Ganging Up"

@Ikael - Thanks! But note that the Effects page of the Wiki is wrong then - it has @Ganging Up -2

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Savage_Worlds_Effects