PDA

View Full Version : Modules not showing up

astromath
December 18th, 2020, 19:19
I'm not sure if this is a bug or I'm doing something wrong (I think the latter). I just had to reinstall FGU. However, none of the modules in the library are showing up except the Calendar & FG Maps modules. I've Updated and rebooted the computer. I even uninstalled and reinstalled with no results.

Moderator: Moved to House of Healing.

Zacchaeus
December 18th, 2020, 19:42
I assume that it is showing the correct license information at the top right of the start screen (that is it's not saying DEMO). If so then it sounds like things aren't being updated correctly. When you updated did it show all of your modules downloading and installing? Also did you install to the same location as originally? Is the location FG is pointing to in settings for your data the same place that your data is actually in? Other possibilities include anti-virus getting involved or permissions have changed for the data folder.

Trenloe
December 18th, 2020, 19:47
And I assume you added your FG ID (astromath) and logged in OK in the settings/updater before running an update?

astromath
December 18th, 2020, 20:06
Now that I think about it, none of the modules updated. Just the Uploader, FGU, and the gaming systems.

Not Demo, same location. Never had problem with the anti-virus before.

Klandare
December 18th, 2020, 22:17
Did you do the tab to link to Steam or Piazo (depending on where your modules are from)? You didn't mention where your purchases of modules was from.

astromath
December 18th, 2020, 22:27
Steam

Zacchaeus
December 18th, 2020, 22:32
I’d suggest if you haven’t already done so, refreshing the link with Steam,

astromath
December 18th, 2020, 23:03
Linking Steam was successful, but still no modules in the library (after updating).

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2020, 23:07
You can reach out to support, and see if they can look into whether the linking worked correctly.
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portals

Also, which modules are you missing; and which ruleset are you trying to load them in?

Regards,
JPG

astromath
December 18th, 2020, 23:18
All of them, but the rulesets did load.

Moon Wizard
December 19th, 2020, 07:12
Unfortunately, we'll need more information about which modules you are trying to load, and which ruleset you are trying to load them into.

Also, you should at 5E SRD, 3.5E SRD, PF SRD in your modules subfolder of your FG data folder. What do you see in that folder? Can you load those modules?

Regards,
JPG

astromath
December 19th, 2020, 13:23
Yes, they are in the module folder. No they do not load.

All the modules I bought through Steam is for 5e.

damned
December 19th, 2020, 15:14
What is the path you are looking at in Explorer?
Is it the same path that is in the Updater settings?
Did you install to a different path from last time?
what is in the /vault directory?

astromath
December 19th, 2020, 15:20
Everything is identical. The vault has what you would expect. Already checked that. Checked modules & rulesets. All ok. The campaigns I've created are listed in FGU and the campaign folder.

FGC works as intended. Everything in FGU is almost exactly what's in FGC. There would be a couple differences due to it being FGU but those would be minor.

damned
December 19th, 2020, 15:22
You've double checked the settings?
Your FG is showing as licensed?
You have entered your forum/login details?

astromath
December 19th, 2020, 15:24
Yep. I checked and double checked everything. FG is licensed. Login is correct.

I'm also in contact with support as well.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2020, 15:26
Please provide a screenshot of your load campaign screen, with one of your 5E campaigns selected, but not loaded.

astromath
December 19th, 2020, 15:31
Here's the Load screen. As you notice, all the campaigns are there, as well as all the extensions.

Zacchaeus
December 19th, 2020, 16:02
Just a point but that's got CoreRPG as the ruleset selected.

astromath
December 19th, 2020, 20:06
Well. That part is solved. I feel stupid. However, shouldn't the Update window show the modules even if they don't need to be updated? It used to. Now it doesn't.

Zacchaeus
December 19th, 2020, 20:20
Well. That part is solved. I feel stupid. However, shouldn't the Update window show the modules even if they don't need to be updated? It used to. Now it doesn't.

The updater now whizzes through anything that doesn't need updating and only shows the progress for those that it does.

astromath
December 19th, 2020, 20:23
I wish there was something someplace that said that because I was expecting different. Since that's the case we can close this thread. Problem solved.