PDA

View Full Version : Traveller Features wanted

Pages : [1] 2

MadBeardMan
December 18th, 2020, 00:53
Hi Folks,

I've noticed people post onto my ToDo list, I should have locked that thread (and might do) as it was a way for me to broadcast what I was working on and in what order. But with the Core Rulebook, Central Supply Catalogue and High Guard now in general release I would like to know what features people want next.

So what I plan to do is compile them here in this thread and then if people vote them up they'll go up the list and in each update I'll try and get at least one feature done, and if possible, the one at the top.

How's that sound?

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
December 18th, 2020, 00:53
#Reserved

Sylvesr
December 18th, 2020, 01:19
Hi Folks,

I would like to know what features people want next.

So what I plan to do is compile them here in this thread and then if people vote them up they'll go up the list and in each update I'll try and get at least one feature done, and if possible, the one at the top.

Cheers,
MBM

Does a how to series of videos count as a feature? If so as step by step guide how to do combat and then the same thing for ship to ship using the new released tools would be on my list.

MadBeardMan
December 18th, 2020, 01:22
Does a how to series of videos count as a feature? If so as step by step guide how to do combat and then the same thing for ship to ship using the new released tools would be on my list.

Well that would require me to invest in some software and a lot of time, I did setup a KoFi page for that, but not sure on the rules for promoting it.

Xargun
December 18th, 2020, 02:00
Maybe add a second name slot to NPCs or the ability to hide their actual name. I am making NPC guards with different weapon / armor loadout and name them appropriately but don't want the players to see that. Or if I make a new creature I don't want them to see its actual name right away. Something along these lines could be useful (Not sure how much work it would be).

Xargun

Serg Barbeau
December 18th, 2020, 09:57
Maybe add a second name slot to NPCs or the ability to hide their actual name. I am making NPC guards with different weapon / armor loadout and name them appropriately but don't want the players to see that. Or if I make a new creature I don't want them to see its actual name right away. Something along these lines could be useful (Not sure how much work it would be).

Xargun

This is implemented in FG, for example in DnD5e - ID button and field "Non-ID Name" in sheet of NPC. It is necessary that MBM added this for NPC as in Items

MrWigggles
December 18th, 2020, 13:41
I'll repost my suggestion here in case you go through an clean up the To-do thread.

Subfields for Inventory items. So you can attach things like Self Sealing to Vacc Suits or Self Assembly for Tents. And for the game to be smart enough to respect these grouping, so you can drop them into the Party Sheet and give them to players as a Whole Item.
Then MadBeardMan said that he has been thinking about how to do this, and wants the solution to also include the different consuamble different ammo for ammos.

MrWigggles
December 18th, 2020, 14:49
Space Accountant Support.
This is a design philo I try to keep when I work on my own projects, is to limit the amount of exterior/out of program items you need to use. Every time you have to use something else, it makes using the core item, hard/awkward to use.
You could use the in game notes but the text interface in FG to me at least, isnt great for something like this. And a lot of Traveller folks who are keen to this aspect make a spreadsheet.

So what I mean by Space Accountant is tracking the Partys Cash on Hand, their Income, Expenses and Payout. The ability to archive the Active Tab into History.

So for the Active Month tab. Something like.

Field for Cash on Hand.

Static Expenses section
Field for;
Ship Weekly Maintenance
Lifesupport
Mortage:
NPC Crew Cost: (Maybe this should have diffrent fields for each NPC. Name - Job - Salary) Or maybe its best just to have total cost entered here. The NPC willb e recorded elsewhere.)
Static Expense Total: This tabulates the above fields.

Expenses Section
Fields for;
Docking Berth:
Docking Per Day:
Fuel:
Repairs:
Misc.:
Expenses Total: (Tabulates the above fields to a final total)

Income Section:
Fields for;
Passengers: (Maybe break this up for High, Low ect)
Mail:
Freight: (Maybe broken down by type too?)
Gigs: (This field is for the quests that Traveller do)
Misc. :
Income Total: (Tabulates the above fields to a final total)

Speculative Trading:
Cargo Bought: (This tabulates the Cargo items Price Paid for For)
Cargo Sold: (This tabulates the Cargo items Price Sold)
Cargo Net Profit: (This subtracts Cargo Bought from Cargo Sold)
Cargo Held:
So this would be more involved than the rest.
An entry for each cargo.
Cargo Name - Tons Held - Price Paid For - Base Price - Illegal?

Now it would be great if possible, if there was a button you can click on the Cargo Held to transfer it to the second section.

Cargo Sold.
Cargo Name - Tons held - Price Paide For - Base Price - Price Sold - Illegal

And it would be great if the Cargo Sold had a button to move these items to the above second, Cargo Held.

Section for Profit:
Gross Profit: This field would tabulate from the Total Income field and the Cargo Sold field.
Net Profit: This Field would add the Static Expenses + Exenses Total and subtract that from Income Total plus Cargo Net Profit Field

Final the section is Payout.
This may need to be a text field? As Pay Out for the Player is an open ended discussion and can be complex or simple. Though most games from what I can tell do some sorta Shares from Net Profit. This may need a poll from the community to discuss how this section could work.

Now it would be really great, if this Active Tab can be archived into a Previous Month Income on a seperate tabl. Zero Out the fields, except for Cash On hand, and Static Expenses.
If that Previous Month tab could copy the Active tab and make it all contained in one collopasable field to make that section much easier to navigate.

Refur
December 18th, 2020, 15:47
Space Accountant Support. ....
As a chartered space accountant, responsible for balancing the books of our Pirates of Drinax campaign, I wholeheartedly endorse Mr. Wiggles’ suggestion.

Dalton Calford
December 18th, 2020, 17:08
Space Accountant Support. .

I wholeheartedly agree, but as an optional form/tab in case the players/gm decide to use the wealth/abstract system vs a nitty-gritty detailed system.

It could be done like an inventory list (negative amounts meaning debt or payments) and have an indicator of which currency the money is in ie MCr, KCr, Cr, SWCr, ZhoCr etc.
You would have a flag for asset/expense and another flag for time period.
A popup form that sum's up the type of expense for a time period and applies it against an asset (with an exchange rate) would be nice but totally unnessary.

This would also allow the rules for different port types and equipment costs to be mechanically handled by the system (rules found in the MGT2 Companion)

A whole adventure could be trying to find a money changer/money launderer to convert one currency to the next.

This would also give a place for things like Ship Shares, Interstellar Stock Exchange Shares etc.

I would pay extra for this kind of support.

kronovan
December 18th, 2020, 21:04
My suggestion might very well be because I'm still quite new to MGT 2.0 and have only had the FG ruleset for less than a month. Anyhow...how about Vehicles?

Looking at the current state of the 1.2.0a ruleset, I'm not sure how a GM and players are supposed to handle vehicles. For one, they seem to be called Craft in this ruleset. Secondly there's no vehicle weapons or category for them in Items. Thirdly there's no place on the Craft templates to list weapons. Going through the ruleset I'm not even sure if Vehicles have been implemented yet? As per the MGT 2.0 CRB, I get that they're different from spaceships in that a PC or NPC's direct skills are used for rolls to control them or fire their weapons. Shouldn't there be a way to track them though for the damage they've sustained - like maybe a Vehicle CBT?

I don't see Vehicles on MBM's to do list or completed list.

Ramid
December 19th, 2020, 13:35
My god you people are going to force Madbeard to implement Spread sheets and accounting in the Ruleset! whats next jira and Confluence with dedicated Npc bot support :D

But as a gm of Drinax im all for keeping as possible in the ruleset :)

Xargun
December 19th, 2020, 14:59
My god you people are going to force Madbeard to implement Spread sheets and accounting in the Ruleset! whats next jira and Confluence with dedicated Npc bot support :D

But as a gm of Drinax im all for keeping as possible in the ruleset :)

If MBM does these things the best part about them is if you and your players don't want to use them - then don't :) But for those that do want to / or may use them - they would be very helpful.

Xargun

deejaay1018
December 19th, 2020, 15:19
Don't know if it is already suggested, if so disregard.
Weapons on the Actions page....any way it can filter and display only carried or equipped? Removes the issue of some players using weapons they own but are not carrying at the moment.
various ways to display:
1. Shows only on actions list for any equipped only. Forces player to use minor action to swap out a weapon.
2. Shows only on actions list for any carried or equipped.

If it is wanted to have all weapons on the list regardless, then maybe a color change/icon light to indicate it is available for firing.
Maybe an attempt to fire a weapon not equipped will show in the chat as a note and would not produce rolled results.

Again if this has been addressed or requested we can just move on.

Thank you.

And Mad Beard, always appreciate your work on this!!!!!

Deej (deejaay1018)

MadBeardMan
December 21st, 2020, 01:17
Don't know if it is already suggested, if so disregard.
Weapons on the Actions page....any way it can filter and display only carried or equipped? Removes the issue of some players using weapons they own but are not carrying at the moment.
various ways to display:
1. Shows only on actions list for any equipped only. Forces player to use minor action to swap out a weapon.
2. Shows only on actions list for any carried or equipped.

If it is wanted to have all weapons on the list regardless, then maybe a color change/icon light to indicate it is available for firing.
Maybe an attempt to fire a weapon not equipped will show in the chat as a note and would not produce rolled results.

Again if this has been addressed or requested we can just move on.

Thank you.

And Mad Beard, always appreciate your work on this!!!!!

Deej (deejaay1018)

Hi Deej,

Oddly I was thinking the same earlier in the week as one of my players is like Jayne from Firefly, has many weapons.

So this is what I'll do, remove any when a weapon is not carried or not equipped.

If carried, the attack/damage rolls will not function, same with the + for extra ammo loaded, as you can't change a clip on a weapon you're not holding....

As an aside, could also force only 1 weapon to be equpped?

Thoughts on that?

Cheers,
MBM

Ramid
December 21st, 2020, 09:50
If MBM does these things the best part about them is if you and your players don't want to use them - then don't :) But for those that do want to / or may use them - they would be very helpful.

Xargun

Sorry bad Joke from my Drinax campaign:) in that we Need a good Customer Relations Management System along with jira and Confluence and hiring a Chartered Accountant to keep track of things :D

I am all in favor of adding in ways to track and Automate the Running of Ships as well as trade inside the ruleset

adzling
December 21st, 2020, 16:44
Traveller Tools was recently updated: https://travellertoolsdemo.azurewebsites.net/world/M1105/-4,-1/0605/travel

He has a repository on github, might be willing to share if you ask him nicely ;-)
https://github.com/Grauenwolf/TravellerTools/issues

MrWigggles
December 22nd, 2020, 06:35
Re: Forced to Equip 1 Weapon
Core Book 75
Dual Weapons
Under some circumstances, a referee may allow a Traveller
to use two weapons at the same time. These have to be
weapons that can be reasonably be used in a single hand
each, such as two blades, two pistols, or a blade and pistol.
If a Traveller is using two weapons at the same time, he
may attack with both in the same combat round. However,
he may not aim with either, and will suffer DM-2 on the
attack rolls for both. This penalty will not apply if the
Traveller is carrying two weapons but only attacks with one.

So the Gm can let folks go akimbo with some guns. And the above passage is vague on which guns it allows.

Can you change functionality of the character sheet based on other conditions like, if they're currently on the combat tracker? My concern with locking out just freely changing their guns to help reenforce the action economy during combat, is that players will do a lot of fiddling with their gear when not in combat or can be reminded by the table at large to fiddle with their gear before combat starts and this would be adding potentially a lot of clicks that are just in the way.

MadBeardMan
December 22nd, 2020, 09:32
Re: Forced to Equip 1 Weapon
Core Book 75
Dual Weapons
Under some circumstances, a referee may allow a Traveller
to use two weapons at the same time. These have to be
weapons that can be reasonably be used in a single hand
each, such as two blades, two pistols, or a blade and pistol.
If a Traveller is using two weapons at the same time, he
may attack with both in the same combat round. However,
he may not aim with either, and will suffer DM-2 on the
attack rolls for both. This penalty will not apply if the
Traveller is carrying two weapons but only attacks with one.

So the Gm can let folks go akimbo with some guns. And the above passage is vague on which guns it allows.

Can you change functionality of the character sheet based on other conditions like, if they're currently on the combat tracker? My concern with locking out just freely changing their guns to help reenforce the action economy during combat, is that players will do a lot of fiddling with their gear when not in combat or can be reminded by the table at large to fiddle with their gear before combat starts and this would be adding potentially a lot of clicks that are just in the way.

Rules like enforcing only 1 weapon etc would be a GM setting.

Cheers,
MBM

deejaay1018
December 23rd, 2020, 01:20
Hi Deej,

Oddly I was thinking the same earlier in the week as one of my players is like Jayne from Firefly, has many weapons.

So this is what I'll do, remove any when a weapon is not carried or not equipped.

If carried, the attack/damage rolls will not function, same with the + for extra ammo loaded, as you can't change a clip on a weapon you're not holding....

As an aside, could also force only 1 weapon to be equpped?

Thoughts on that?

Cheers,
MBM

I think that is an excellent way to manage equipped/carried guns while enforcing only equipped items can shoot.
On the thought of only 1 weapon? Would that hamper a dual weapon option? If I remember right you can dual two one-handed but each gets a DM-2 to shooting.

MrWigggles
December 23rd, 2020, 18:59
Inclusion of the Errata as being part of the Core Rule Book. Not for MGM to go through and rewrite the text but it being included as its own section.

Torg Smith
December 27th, 2020, 14:36
Add the range field to the Weapons section on the Action tab. Make sure it is long enough to show the range increments. e.g. 112/450/900/1800
It would be nice if the weapons had this listed this way so we did not need to go in and set it up.

MadBeardMan
December 27th, 2020, 16:50
Add the range field to the Weapons section on the Action tab. Make sure it is long enough to show the range increments. e.g. 112/450/900/1800
It would be nice if the weapons had this listed this way so we did not need to go in and set it up.

Hi,

There's only so much space available, how do you see this? Are you able to create a mockup?

Cheers,
MBM

Sylvesr
December 28th, 2020, 03:41
MBM,
Here is my humble suggestion:

For use with the Space Combat Tracker: Add a new tab called Crew to all spaceships (now on spaceships there are Main, Actions and Notes tabs). Conceptually the proposed new crew tab functions on the SCT equivalent to a Player Character sheet in function on the regular combat tracker. Visually, the Crew Tab has on the left a list of 6-8 crewmember spaces by PC name and then a second row with skills the PC’s have. Include the ability to add more rows if needed.
When the PC’s sheet is dragged onto a Spaceship the PCs starship skills will be harvested to populate it so that the SCT can automatically calculate relevant skills to modify die rolls. For NPC ships the empty slots will be manually filled with the GM’s name choice and each relevant spaceship skill.

Dalton Calford
December 28th, 2020, 16:17
Character Creator, using the player companion.
ie
Packages and Points.
Packages are drag and drop. Currently there are two types ie homeworld/upbringing packages and career packages, but, there may be other types. They modify attributes & skills and could be drag/dropped onto the character sheet.
If the package supports a characteristic or skill the Referee has not supported, it is ignored.
As for points, it would be great if the character sheet auto-calculated the current value of the character, regardless of the character creation system used. Just by dropping a skill onto the sheet or altering the attributes (max, not current) would result in a new valuation of the character.
So, packages and point value system, would allow for quick point build characters and NPCs while supporting the classic random system as well.
An place that auto-calculates the Characters Extended UPP (EUP, supporting the new attributes)

I have an idea on how to do the random system as well, but that requires a different (read longer and more detailed) post.

MrWigggles
December 31st, 2020, 04:35
The ability for Tacitcs Affect roll to Modify Intiaitve scores in the combat tracker.
I can see this fitting along the bottom. The Combatants are group together if they're hostile or friendly ect.
So either a Click Box for which Intent the Combatants are or a Drop Down menu and then a secondary drop down of characters which are marked as hostile, friendly ect. And a roll button, that would roll that character Tactics roll, and apply that effect to everyone in same Intent.
EG, if a Character is marked Friendly and rollled their Tactics, then the Tactics effects everyone else who is marked Friendly. The same for Hostile and the same for Enemy.

kronovan
January 4th, 2021, 17:46
The more I use this ruleset, the more I wish there was a way to handle craft like characters and spacecraft. That's no doubt due to my working on a walker-heavy campaign. I've managed to cobble together a working system of handling them by giving each player their own note with their craft-walker linked to it. I have custom created Craft (vehicle) weapons as just heavy weapons on a character sheet that the character doesn't carry. Not being able to target a craft or place them in the CT is awkward though. As well, it's always necessary to use copies of one of the default, included craft, because that's the only way to make them editable to record damage. Not being able to drag and drop a custom created craft (vehicle) weapon to a craft sheet, requires manually entering them, which seems a bit clunky.

Just wish craft were better integrated into the ruleset like how spacecraft are.

MadBeardMan
January 4th, 2021, 19:31
The more I use this ruleset, the more I wish there was a way to handle craft like characters and spacecraft. That's no doubt due to my working on a walker-heavy campaign. I've managed to cobble together a working system of handling them by giving each player their own note with their craft-walker linked to it. I have custom created Craft (vehicle) weapons as just heavy weapons on a character sheet that the character doesn't carry. Not being able to target a craft or place them in the CT is awkward though. As well, it's always necessary to use copies of one of the default, included craft, because that's the only way to make them editable to record damage. Not being able to drag and drop a custom created craft (vehicle) weapon to a craft sheet, requires manually entering them, which seems a bit clunky.

Just wish craft were better integrated into the ruleset like how spacecraft are.

Hi Kronovan,

Craft/Vehicles will get updated when I start on the Vehicle book around March time.

Thanks,
MBM

kronovan
January 4th, 2021, 22:50
Hi Kronovan,

Craft/Vehicles will get updated when I start on the Vehicle book around March time.

Oh wow - had no idea that was in the plans!! That encourages me to continue with my adaptation of the Battletech/Inner Sphere verse. As I said, I've found a way to make craft-walker combat work, but it's a bit clunky.

Thanks for letting me know MBM.

MadBeardMan
January 4th, 2021, 22:55
Oh wow - had no idea that was in the plans!! That encourages me to continue with my adaptation of the Battletech/Inner Sphere verse. As I said, I've found a way to make craft-walker combat work, but it's a bit clunky.

Thanks for letting me know MBM.

Well, I'm just reading through the Vehicle Handbook and taking some notes, might try and see if I can start on the Vehicle Builder, it's simpler than the Spacecraft one. Just I want to move on with Spacecraft stuff atm. But let's see.

Cheers,
MBM

JohnD
January 5th, 2021, 05:47
Not a ruleset feature, but certainly a customer appreciation feature; get a "complete the bundle" put together for Traveller products. Give people going "all in" a bit of a massage in return.

Sylvesr
January 10th, 2021, 04:05
Not a ruleset feature, but certainly a customer appreciation feature; get a "complete the bundle" put together for Traveller products. Give people going "all in" a bit of a massage in return.

Well I certainly went all in, with the covid shelter in place, I bought it all.

MadBeardMan
January 10th, 2021, 15:23

Hi,

I did ask before about bundles and things, was told there wasn't enough bundle value at that time (Core + CSC) but with HG and maybe once TC and VH are done then maybe.... both will be done this year maybe I push and get them done but the ruleset stuff will have to follow later.

Cheers,
MBM

Xargun
January 10th, 2021, 17:30
Hi,

I did ask before about bundles and things, was told there wasn't enough bundle value at that time (Core + CSC) but with HG and maybe once TC and VH are done then maybe.... both will be done this year maybe I push and get them done but the ruleset stuff will have to follow later.

Cheers,
MBM

I think they could bundle the adventures too.. Not sure what all is out, but bundle all the Reach Adventures together, do a Pirates of Drinax bundle, etc...

Xargun

Serg Barbeau
January 16th, 2021, 06:36
Hi
It would be nice if you could see the visible status of the PC and NPC on the token. For example prone, unconscious or wounded

MrWigggles
January 16th, 2021, 08:22
DnD can do this.

MadBeardMan
January 16th, 2021, 17:48
Hi
It would be nice if you could see the visible status of the PC and NPC on the token. For example prone, unconscious or wounded

That would be nice, does require to plug in the effects, should really discuss all effects and which ones should appear on the tokens.

Cheers
MBM

Xargun
January 16th, 2021, 17:50
That would be nice, does require to plug in the effects, should really discuss all effects and which ones should appear on the tokens.

Cheers
MBM

Would love the ability to right click on a token (on map or combat tracker) and select effects / modifiers without having to open a new window. No idea if thats even possible.

Xargun

Serg Barbeau
January 18th, 2021, 08:15

Cheers
MBM

You can focus on the combat tracker, the effects and health status that are shown in the combat tracker.
As an example - DnD rulesets

MadBeardMan
January 18th, 2021, 09:45
You can focus on the combat tracker, the effects and health status that are shown in the combat tracker.
As an example - DnD rulesets

But Traveller doesn't have any effects/conditions like DnD does, there's no prone, no poisoned, no sleep etc as such, just unconscious, that can be made an effect as with Traveller Companion there are a number of ways to be knocked out, I'll get that done in this update.

Cheers,
MBM

Serg Barbeau
January 18th, 2021, 10:09
But Traveller doesn't have any effects/conditions like DnD does, there's no prone, no poisoned, no sleep etc as such, just unconscious, that can be made an effect as with Traveller Companion there are a number of ways to be knocked out, I'll get that done in this update.

Cheers,
MBM

Еach effect is superimposed on a separate line, right?
It would be good to track these effects on the token, for informativeness.
In DnD rulesets this is done
For example, I had a mass fight. There were more than 20 participants. Someone was prone, someone was unconscious. It was very difficult and long to compare the map and the combat tracker.

MrWigggles
January 19th, 2021, 06:02
It does have prone. Its listed as a Dice DM in the combat section of the CRB.
----------------
The ability for the GM to secret roll all the players Recon

Serg Barbeau
January 19th, 2021, 08:05
Yea, group ability/skill check in party sheet

GregRex
January 19th, 2021, 13:10
I have a couple of feature suggestions from a session last night:

a. The ability to build an encounter "Battles" with NPC Ships that will add/link to the Spaceship Combat Tracker just as like a normal NPC encounter.

b. Update the PC sheet so the Cash on Hand section recognizes Parcel cr. drag and drops. We tried making a "Storefront" by nesting Parcels to a shareable Story. Using the Parcel system and assigning the parcel a negative value (ie -200 cr for a pistol) and adding the Item, then dragging and dropping the Parcel out of the Sorefront's Story entry to the PC sheet's Inventory tab we expected to see the Cash on Hand get updated.

MadBeardMan
January 19th, 2021, 23:33
I have a couple of feature suggestions from a session last night:

a. The ability to build an encounter "Battles" with NPC Ships that will add/link to the Spaceship Combat Tracker just as like a normal NPC encounter.

b. Update the PC sheet so the Cash on Hand section recognizes Parcel cr. drag and drops. We tried making a "Storefront" by nesting Parcels to a shareable Story. Using the Parcel system and assigning the parcel a negative value (ie -200 cr for a pistol) and adding the Item, then dragging and dropping the Parcel out of the Sorefront's Story entry to the PC sheet's Inventory tab we expected to see the Cash on Hand get updated.

Hi Chap,
a. Already with you on that, as oddly Pirates of Drinax needs that feature, so looking into it once PoD is over for testing.
b. The whole 'money' section needs thinking about to be used better, so I'll take this into account.

Cheers,
MBM

Pharoid
January 21st, 2021, 20:25
I have some suggested effects to throw into the discussion.

Zero-G - applies the effects to low-gravity but also can auto-roll an athletics check when firing a weapon w/o the zero-G trait.
Vacuum - either w/o sealed armor or lets say you got hit and your armor doesn't have auto-seal trait. auto rolls damage each round per rulebook. possibly auto apply rads.
Leadership - allows player to apply leadership banes or boons to whomever he's targeted. maybe just a flag to show who has it.

Xargun
January 22nd, 2021, 14:05

Zero-G - applies the effects to low-gravity but also can auto-roll an athletics check when firing a weapon w/o the zero-G trait.
Vacuum - either w/o sealed armor or lets say you got hit and your armor doesn't have auto-seal trait. auto rolls damage each round per rulebook. possibly auto apply rads.
Leadership - allows player to apply leadership banes or boons to whomever he's targeted. maybe just a flag to show who has it.

Leadership is being worked on along with Tactics.

Xargun

MrWigggles
January 22nd, 2021, 21:30

I'll add this on here. The Leadership Boons/Banes is a group pool. They arent targetted and given to only one person.

Pharoid
January 22nd, 2021, 23:43
Yeah. A pool of boon or bane available to use each round would be nice to be able to keep track since I assume a leadership check can be made each round which would add more to it?

Another thing to think about is that since MBM is working on task chains... Maybe have common tasks associated with each skill and the data associated with those tasks such as how long it'll take (typically 1d sec,mins, hours or days X possible modifier) and associated attribute mod. also noting if your taking your time or hurrying etc... then it could just add those times together as you chain them. of course there would be times when only the Ref could properly define the task and associated data but then if its something that gets used alot, the ref could define the task manually for re-use or chaining later. MBM could even leave it up to us to define all the tasks to save him some data entry. So basically have tasks as sub-catagory to skills somehow.

MrWigggles
January 23rd, 2021, 00:22
I think it'd be a lot easier to have a Task Chain Button. Probably along the buttom with the other Dice Modifer button. Clicking the Task Chain button, puts your Dice Roll into the Task Chain Buffer/Memory/whatis. Push the button roll your skill. If there was a Task Chain Affect stored, adds that as well. Displays your Result. And stores the Task Chain Affect. Someone else clicks the buttons. So on and so force.
This would need a Clear or Reset button, as there is no limit to how many rolls a task chain can have. I dont know if that should be player facing or GM facing.

MadBeardMan
January 24th, 2021, 20:50
Yeah. A pool of boon or bane available to use each round would be nice to be able to keep track since I assume a leadership check can be made each round which would add more to it?

Another thing to think about is that since MBM is working on task chains... Maybe have common tasks associated with each skill and the data associated with those tasks such as how long it'll take (typically 1d sec,mins, hours or days X possible modifier) and associated attribute mod. also noting if your taking your time or hurrying etc... then it could just add those times together as you chain them. of course there would be times when only the Ref could properly define the task and associated data but then if its something that gets used alot, the ref could define the task manually for re-use or chaining later. MBM could even leave it up to us to define all the tasks to save him some data entry. So basically have tasks as sub-catagory to skills somehow.

Good idea, the TC is slowly being worked on during lunchtimes this week.

Cheers,
MBM

GregRex
January 29th, 2021, 14:01
Can we sticky this thread?

russ143
January 31st, 2021, 16:18
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20332-Tenians-Language-Chat-Extension-for-select-FG-3-0-rulesets&p=166710&viewfull=1#post166710

Is the language feature set up for traveller so that players in the chat can understand different languages who speak that language but players that don't will see language related gibberish?

I'm trying to get a language extension to work but.seem.to.be having some.trouble.

Also I'm trying to get the Author extension to work.for.traveller and it doesn't seem to work properly. Is there a similar Traveller extension? If not how do I do it manually?

Russ (UTC -7)

Xargun
January 31st, 2021, 16:39
I do not think it is. I messed with it months ago but couldn't get the base built-in feature to work.

Xargun

russ143
January 31st, 2021, 17:49
I do not think it is. I messed with it months ago but couldn't get the base built-in feature to work.

Xargun

Have you had any success with the Author extension for building a reference manual for your modules?

Xargun
February 1st, 2021, 20:52
Have you had any success with the Author extension for building a reference manual for your modules?

Don't even know what that is.

Xargun

Dalton Calford
February 1st, 2021, 23:02
Don't even know what that is.
Xargun

Author is a very powerful extension that allows for combining multiple notes into a single reference document with a table of contents etc.
It worked about the time MGT2 was released, but, they had some problems with Fantasy Grounds Unity. The current FGU builds do NOT work with MGT2.
Same issues occur when attempting to install new fonts/languages into MGT2.
Something is missing from MGT2 that is expected by both the fonts/language system and the Author extension.
When I tried asking on the development forums, they moved my question to this forum and said it was the responsibility of MBM to have all the hooks in the system.
I have not had time to go back to the issue and I am wont to bother MBM with this as he has enough on his plate.
I would have released alot of material already if I could get that working.

russ143
February 1st, 2021, 23:20

So I posted my problem on the discord chat and Founder Laerun took me in the tell and show channel to show me a point about the system that I didn't know.

The make module and export module is not a save campaign function, putting /save in the chat is.

So now I run a development campaign that I'm developing my campaign in and a preview campaign that I test the campaigns functionality.

What I was doing was running an instance of the module as I was building it and an instance of the module that I exported at the same time.

Anyways now I'm building an amazing campaign called Ammotopos and the Author is working properly.

Next I'm hoping language functionality is added so I can use Valani and Zhodani in the chat box with some players getting and others not.

MadBeardMan
February 2nd, 2021, 19:00
So I posted my problem on the discord chat and Founder Laerun took me in the tell and show channel to show me a point about the system that I didn't know.

The make module and export module is not a save campaign function, putting /save in the chat is.

So now I run a development campaign that I'm developing my campaign in and a preview campaign that I test the campaigns functionality.

What I was doing was running an instance of the module as I was building it and an instance of the module that I exported at the same time.

Anyways now I'm building an amazing campaign called Ammotopos and the Author is working properly.

Next I'm hoping language functionality is added so I can use Valani and Zhodani in the chat box with some players getting and others not.

Supply a list of languages - not there are no official fonts that I know of and I'll add them to the base ruleset, though you need to start a new campaign for them to be added in (though you can hack the db.xml and add them).

There's no official language code though, so no scrambling of the messages etc. I could look at doing that if enough people want it. In my games, everyone talks a common language, any alien races have real-time translation devices to get over languages.

Cheers,
MBM

russ143
February 2nd, 2021, 19:36
Anglic, Gvegh, Trokh, Vilani, Genosha, and Zdetl would be nice.

Thanks for the help.

esmdev
February 2nd, 2021, 23:25
Maybe instead of a font you could just say, "Henry is speaking in a language you don't know." or something to that effect.

russ143
February 2nd, 2021, 23:51
I'm not apposed to theater of the mind. It's just a function built into the game system in general not traveller as it is.

GregRex
February 3rd, 2021, 13:17
Hi Russ,

Were you envisioning a manual entry for languages on the PC sheet like we have on DnD5e or linked directly to the Language proficiency skill?

russ143
February 3rd, 2021, 14:22
Yup. You enter your languages on the sheet and the referee can use languages as the situation dictates.

MrWigggles
February 6th, 2021, 15:44
Supply a list of languages - not there are no official fonts that I know of and I'll add them to the base ruleset, though you need to start a new campaign for them to be added in (though you can hack the db.xml and add them).

There's no official language code though, so no scrambling of the messages etc. I could look at doing that if enough people want it. In my games, everyone talks a common language, any alien races have real-time translation devices to get over languages.

Cheers,
MBM

Ooo. When/if this gets into the build can you post in fantasy grounds those lang. One of the thing that drives me batty in dNd5e is that its not ****ing listed, so its like playing one of those text parser games and you're trying to guess verbs.

MrWigggles
February 9th, 2021, 08:56
I heard that Mongoose is gonna be discontinuing the Starter Set and replacing that soon.

MadBeardMan
February 9th, 2021, 13:14
I heard that Mongoose is gonna be discontinuing the Starter Set and replacing that soon.

Yes it's not going to be printed again, but he's said I can still use it here.

Thanks,
MBM

MrWigggles
February 11th, 2021, 13:36
Add Unarmed to the Weapon Table for the CSC and Core Rule Book, so Unarmed Attacks can be on the Action tab.

MadBeardMan
February 11th, 2021, 14:09
Add Unarmed to the Weapon Table for the CSC and Core Rule Book, so Unarmed Attacks can be on the Action tab.

Or, we simply Add 'Unarmed Attack' for all characters.

adzling
February 11th, 2021, 15:15

^ this

MrWigggles
February 11th, 2021, 16:09

Oh sure, come up with a better idea.

MrWigggles
February 16th, 2021, 18:22
nevermind

Dalton Calford
February 18th, 2021, 02:54
We need a group inventory that can hold pc vehicles, pc ships, groups robots; group pets etc.
This needs to be separate from cargo holds on the above ships, vehicles etc.

Xargun
February 18th, 2021, 13:22
We need a group inventory that can hold pc vehicles, pc ships, groups robots; group pets etc.
This needs to be separate from cargo holds on the above ships, vehicles etc.

I just use a Note that everyone has access to and then drag links to the items into the note.

Xargun

MrWigggles
February 18th, 2021, 15:56
I just use a Note that everyone has access to and then drag links to the items into the note.

Xargun

It should be a function of the party sheet or a function of the ship sheet.

MrWigggles
February 18th, 2021, 15:57

An add on to this. The Varg Bite attack and the Aslan Dew Claw attack.

MadBeardMan
February 19th, 2021, 11:11
An add on to this. The Varg Bite attack and the Aslan Dew Claw attack.

Hi MrWigggles,

Our Vargr and Aslan characters do get their Bite/Dew Claw attack if you create a new character, they're added when you drag the Race in. However existing characters won't have it, be careful dragging the race in, as the Attributes will be changed.

Cheers,
MBM

Ramid
February 19th, 2021, 11:16
Would it be possible to add in a field for Social "effective Social" i have started using the effective social stat from the Traveller companion were depending on actions living standards and how far away from your home
your SoC can be modified up or down on a temporary basis

Xargun
February 19th, 2021, 13:26
Would it be possible to add in a field for Social "effective Social" i have started using the effective social stat from the Traveller companion were depending on actions living standards and how far away from your home
your SoC can be modified up or down on a temporary basis

You can track 'effective social' in the Actions tab as each characteristic has a modified field there.

Xargun

Ramid
February 19th, 2021, 14:35
You can track 'effective social' in the Actions tab as each characteristic has a modified field there.

Xargun

Ah brilliant thank you :)

Rzach
February 22nd, 2021, 14:38
Sorry posted in the wrong forum

MadBeardMan
February 22nd, 2021, 14:45
This is the Traveller forum, no spells in Traveller!

russ143
February 23rd, 2021, 02:42
Can you add a list of skills on the character and NPC sheet so that players and new referees can visualize skills to use that maybe they don't know about?

MadBeardMan
February 23rd, 2021, 11:18
Can you add a list of skills on the character and NPC sheet so that players and new referees can visualize skills to use that maybe they don't know about?

Hi Russ,

I thought long and hard about this. With specialist skills there are currently 119 skills, that's a lot of skills to find 'Persuade'. This doesn't include the skills found in source books etc. I did think about adding the core skills (without specialisms) but there are a few players here who struggled to add in 'Gun Combat (slug)' as the automation expects the pattern to be exactly that. The easiest method which was welcomed was to add specialisms to the list (which we have).

I know this doesn't help, but being honest all standard skills are called for in games, which is why a good group of Travellers needs to be very varied, you might not think Admin is any use, wait until you're told to wait before you can land, in that same incident you could also use Advocate, Persuade, Diplomat maybe even Deception. The skills system is very rich.

Spend 30 mins going through all the skills, most give examples of when they're to be used. It's worth it.

Thanks,
MBM

Serg Barbeau
February 24th, 2021, 07:53
What I would like:
Effects:
Armor:+N adds armor for example when shooting with a shotgun, using an aerosol or hiding
DM+1, DM-1 - automation of reactions and the like
Tokens:
Visible effects, healthy and wounded on the token
NPC:
The button "not identified" and the corresponding field for the name, as in the items

Pharoid
February 24th, 2021, 08:36
Not to mention that quite a few skills have several use cases that would use different ability modifiers. I'd still love to see some kind of user defined task system that we could associate with a skill and ability modifier either by itself or added to a task chain. :-) then you could save often used tasks and not have to look them up all the time. plus different tasks under a skill take different amounts of time. you'd still have to look them up once in awhile but once you found a close match to the task you want to do you can just click it and it'll roll the appropriate difficulty, ability mod, and time. boom. plus you could drag it over to your sheet for re-use or add it to a task chain and name it whatever you want. I know i've mentioned it before, but it would be so cool! A coding nightmare probably though.

MrWigggles
February 24th, 2021, 08:36

This may be sorta what to you want. Along the Sidebar, there is a tab called Skills. If its not present you can go to Option and along the bottom of the option window, there is a Sidebar button, and you can select Skills to be active on the side bar.
This'll add that button. And it lists all the skills.

dosfox
February 24th, 2021, 20:33
Here's a quick and hopefully simple suggestion:

Somewhere to keep track of remaining Fuel on the Player Spacecraft sheet.

MadBeardMan
February 25th, 2021, 11:39
Here's a quick and hopefully simple suggestion:

Somewhere to keep track of remaining Fuel on the Player Spacecraft sheet.

That's a good suggestion, I'll add it to the Trello board to be done.

Cheers
MBM

Dalton Calford
February 25th, 2021, 15:27
Hi MBM,
In regards to the work on the companion, how difficult would it be to add a box that holds the current point value of the character to a box on both the character sheet and on the npc sheet?
For rough work, it could be manually maintained, but, optimally, it would be auto calculated based upon the (undamaged) attributes and skill lists.
I have found that in current games, it has become an aid to (at a glance) know relative strengths of the characters.

The Canterbury Tail
February 25th, 2021, 19:15
How about somewhere adding a new sidebar button that allows GMs to enter Library Data that can be accessed by the players in game.

MadBeardMan
February 27th, 2021, 13:08
How about somewhere adding a new sidebar button that allows GMs to enter Library Data that can be accessed by the players in game.

What Library Data is that? Alas, Data has to be formatted and so I'd need details of 'what data' and 'what does that data look like'? There are notes that I use to do this, it's plain text but shareable.

Thanks,
MBM

Xargun
February 27th, 2021, 18:31
Any chance on the Skill tab on the character sheet, we can get the headers to stay at the top and the skills scroll instead of the whole page scrolling? A few of my players have a lot of skills and sometimes its hard to tell which box is the Characteristic bonus, which is the skill rank. Or maybe just color code them ?

Xargun

MadBeardMan
February 27th, 2021, 19:43
Any chance on the Skill tab on the character sheet, we can get the headers to stay at the top and the skills scroll instead of the whole page scrolling? A few of my players have a lot of skills and sometimes its hard to tell which box is the Characteristic bonus, which is the skill rank. Or maybe just color code them ?

Xargun

Hi Chap,

It's possible but it's a bit tricky cos of the PSI skills, but let me think on this.

Cheers,
MBM

EmptyOwl
March 4th, 2021, 19:13
Hello,

There is an Option to add various additional characteristics to the character sheet, which is amazing. However, these new characteristics do not appear in the lower left with the other characteristic modifiers. I would like that functionality to be added when they are added to the character sheet.

Thanks & nice work so far on the system!

GregRex
March 4th, 2021, 19:55
EmptyOwl you speaking in the Dice stack/modifier area?

EmptyOwl
March 4th, 2021, 20:28
Yes

EmptyOwl
March 4th, 2021, 20:52
Hello,

I notice when I add Tactics (and maybe Medical) to characters that it adds an appropriate action(s) to the Action tab. That is a cool thing, could this automation ability be made public or a Sidebar Tab added like spells in other systems (things with active Effects that you can modify) where one could pregenerate actions?

Thanks!

MrWigggles
March 4th, 2021, 23:02
Applying Banes and Boons to NPC from the Combat Tracker.

Allowing PC to use the GM Buttons in the combat tracker. So when we're doing Threater of the Mind combat, they can still select targets.

Weapons with Blast Radius having a Blast Radius circle on their info card thing, so you can pull from that, instead of going through the clunky drawing menu in FG.

MadBeardMan
March 5th, 2021, 10:23
Applying Banes and Boons to NPC from the Combat Tracker.

Allowing PC to use the GM Buttons in the combat tracker. So when we're doing Threater of the Mind combat, they can still select targets.

Weapons with Blast Radius having a Blast Radius circle on their info card thing, so you can pull from that, instead of going through the clunky drawing menu in FG.

Applying Banes/Boon to NPC, check - this will be done alongside the bug fix to allow them to use the Modifier box (ie next release)

Allow PC's to use GM buttons - not understanding

Weapons with Blast Radius - FGU has a new function in test, it allows me to find all tokens in a range from another token, once this is released I can look at this (it's why I said 'yet' in the bug report you sent).

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
March 5th, 2021, 10:49
Hello,

I notice when I add Tactics (and maybe Medical) to characters that it adds an appropriate action(s) to the Action tab. That is a cool thing, could this automation ability be made public or a Sidebar Tab added like spells in other systems (things with active Effects that you can modify) where one could pregenerate actions?

Thanks!

Hi EmptyOwl,

That's a great question. I've not thought about firing these things off via data, let me think about that as that 'Misc section' is very flexible.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
March 5th, 2021, 10:56
Hello,

There is an Option to add various additional characteristics to the character sheet, which is amazing. However, these new characteristics do not appear in the lower left with the other characteristic modifiers. I would like that functionality to be added when they are added to the character sheet.

Thanks & nice work so far on the system!

If someone can give me a reason why you'd need to override a skill with Sanity, or Luck then I'll look at adding them, I've removed PSI recently as I feel you need a specialist one off, you can change it easily enough for these additional characteristics. Need to think that on some players desktops, having extra buttons rarely used is not a good idea.

Cheers,
MBM

MrWigggles
March 5th, 2021, 12:06
Allow PC's to use GM buttons - not understanding

Cheers,
MBM
So in the first picture, there are Target Gun and Armor button, which from what I can tell are only visable for the GM. In the second picture is from a Player PoV, and they dont see those buttons.

MrWigggles
March 5th, 2021, 12:08
So in the first picture, there are Target Gun and Armor button, which from what I can tell are only visable for the GM. In the second picture is from a Player PoV, and they dont see those buttons.

Whoops. The second picture is my current desktop wallpaper....
Lets try that once more.
This picture is from a Player POV.

MadBeardMan
March 5th, 2021, 12:37
Whoops. The second picture is my current desktop wallpaper....
Lets try that once more.
This picture is from a Player POV.

The Target, I'm good with adding that, Armour - it's listed on the PC sheet so no need on the CT.

Cheers,
MBM

EmptyOwl
March 5th, 2021, 16:45
If someone can give me a reason why you'd need to override a skill with Sanity, or Luck then I'll look at adding them, I've removed PSI recently as I feel you need a specialist one off, you can change it easily enough for these additional characteristics. Need to think that on some players desktops, having extra buttons rarely used is not a good idea.

Cheers,
MBM

So in my game I am using those stats to represent other stats. SOC is being used for Charm/Charisma; Wealth is now SOC; LCK is LCK and there is no clear way to use it, so swapping it for another stat or skill level seems a viable method of use for it in some campaigns; Morale is Will and can be used in several different skill checks; etc. Certainly helps with certain groups, making use of the Companion and houseruling.

I understand there must be a balance between what you feel is needed and what can be done, due to time constraints if nothing else, but tools with more adaptability and depth lead to more creativity and satisfaction from, with, and by the users. As for PSI, if you turned it on in the Options menu, then you are that specialist one-off and would probably appreciate the added functionality which would not crowd your screen unless it was checked?

Thanks!

MadBeardMan
March 5th, 2021, 22:10
So in my game I am using those stats to represent other stats. SOC is being used for Charm/Charisma; Wealth is now SOC; LCK is LCK and there is no clear way to use it, so swapping it for another stat or skill level seems a viable method of use for it in some campaigns; Morale is Will and can be used in several different skill checks; etc. Certainly helps with certain groups, making use of the Companion and houseruling.

I understand there must be a balance between what you feel is needed and what can be done, due to time constraints if nothing else, but tools with more adaptability and depth lead to more creativity and satisfaction from, with, and by the users. As for PSI, if you turned it on in the Options menu, then you are that specialist one-off and would probably appreciate the added functionality which would not crowd your screen unless it was checked?

Thanks!

Hi,

Do you mean the 'cycler' that's in the Skills Tab (for example) or the override that are on the desktop? Those override are designed when a skill uses a non-standard skill, ie Broker might use Int 90% of the time, but as a one-off you might want to use Edu/Soc.

Cheers,
MBM

EmptyOwl
March 6th, 2021, 03:31
The over ride in the lower left is what I was talking about. I was asking that when the characteristic is switched on in the Options menu that a corresponding box would appear in the lower left override area.

Thanks!

Dalton Calford
March 6th, 2021, 17:19
If someone can give me a reason why you'd need to override a skill with Sanity, or Luck then I'll look at adding them
MBM
Ok, lets start with the various extended attributes Sanity, Morale, Luck, Charm and Wealth.

Admin(Sanity) - you are attempting to deal with days of tedious bureaucratic paperwork and need to make an admin(sanity) check to continue, either as a task chain or as a direct check with the effect increasing the staging of the time with a critical fumble failing altogether.
Advocate (Sanity) - You have to deal with your particular mental shortcomings to allow you to not alienate yourself with the local judges/constabulary.
Art(Sanity) - as an effect roll for any art you create or perform as your creations may inspire or repulse the audience.
Astrogation (Sanity) - the math of jump space and what it implies can impact your own mental health or even affect your calculations as a task chain....

Admin(Morale) -Knowing the proper ways of improving crew morale through indirect means, such as picking up extra rations or ordering more holovids before a voyage can improve crew morale and support the captains leadership tasks.
Advocate (Morale) - Facing a known violent criminal to convince them to listen to your legal argument without loosing your grip on the situation.
Art (Morale) - Being confident enough to face a new and large audience
Astrogation(Morale) - fear of misjump may affect the task roll when calculating a jump within both the solar and planetary 100 diametre limit.

Admin(Luck) - having the luck to see a loophole in a document, while having the skill to take advantage of it.
Advocate (Luck) - noticing a clue in a situation and knowing how it will affect your case.
Art (Luck) - having a connoisseur of your artform see your work.
Astrogation(Luck) - Is there a brown dwarf in your target jump trajectory that was previously unknown?

Admin(Charm) - Trying to sweet talk a local beaurocrat to let you in to see the needed administrator
Advocate(Charm) - Getting a favourable response from the judge/jury/constable.
Art(Charm) - Convincing a local connoisseur to support your endevours
Animals(Charm) - Getting an animal to not flee or fight when you need to.

Admin(Wealth) - To impress and bluff your way past a local bureaucrat/magistrate using an ostentatious display of wealth in a manner that both gets your way but does not break any laws.
Advocate(Wealth) - To know where to place resources and bring them to bear in order to leverage them in a particular legal case.
Art(Wealth) - As a task chain method to increase the impact of a piece as it is not how much you spend but knowing how to get resources without spending money.

I can come up with different reasons for every skill about how the new attributes both bring more power to game play but also open up roleplaying opportunities.

Best regards,

Dalton

MadBeardMan
March 6th, 2021, 17:26
Hi Dalton,

As always a great detailed answer. One thing a lot of you need to understand is that a good number of players don't have huge screens, and already the buttons (in their current state) take up over 50% of the bottom half of the screen, also desktop buttons don't behave in the same way as those on character sheets, they're not dynamic either, so they're on or off - at the moment they're off (on the desktop) as with everything here, there's only so much that can be done, and I'm busy on the PC Spacecraft at the moment.

Cheers,
MBM

Dalton Calford
March 6th, 2021, 17:32
Hi Dalton,

As always a great detailed answer. One thing a lot of you need to understand is that a good number of players don't have huge screens, and already the buttons (in their current state) take up over 50% of the bottom half of the screen, also desktop buttons don't behave in the same way as those on character sheets, they're not dynamic either, so they're on or off - at the moment they're off (on the desktop) as with everything here, there's only so much that can be done, and I'm busy on the PC Spacecraft at the moment.

Cheers,
MBM

I understand about the realestate need and the effort/limited time on your part. Adding the new attributes to the attribute cycler on the existing skill list would not consume more screen real estate.
As for time, I understand how busy you are. I just wanted you to know how the alteration of the existing character sheet skill/action tabs would have a huge effect upon game play for the next time you happen to be in that part of the code.

best regards
Dalton

MrWigggles
March 7th, 2021, 00:30
The Target, I'm good with adding that, Armour - it's listed on the PC sheet so no need on the CT.

Cheers,
MBM

Yea, I just pointing out what the buttons here. I think the Players could really use the Target Button.
Also what does the flag button do?

EmptyOwl
March 7th, 2021, 04:58
The flag button opens the Effect drop down for stuff like unconscious, paralyzed, etc. In PF2e and D&D5e and some other FGU systems the effects can be setup to modify the character but I don't think that functionality is included yet for MGT2.

MrWigggles
March 7th, 2021, 10:54
The flag button opens the Effect drop down for stuff like unconscious, paralyzed, etc. In PF2e and D&D5e and some other FGU systems the effects can be setup to modify the character but I don't think that functionality is included yet for MGT2.

Yea, I've poked around them I havent figure out to use them.

dQnielk
March 10th, 2021, 09:18
I would really like the option to have the full range of dice available to me. Meaning, I don't want to invent new ones, I just want the standard RPG set (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20 and percentile) that I have access to in Pathfinder/D&D. Is there an easy way to do this without me creating a bunch of tables?

MadBeardMan
March 10th, 2021, 09:44
I would really like the option to have the full range of dice available to me. Meaning, I don't want to invent new ones, I just want the standard RPG set (4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20 and percentile) that I have access to in Pathfinder/D&D. Is there an easy way to do this without me creating a bunch of tables?

Hi,

Question for you, why do you need all those dice in a system that uses just a d6?

Thanks,
MBM

dQnielk
March 10th, 2021, 09:59
Hi,

Question for you, why do you need all those dice in a system that uses just a d6?

Thanks,
MBM

I just want to be able to generate things on the fly that aren't limited to a multiple of 6 or a bell curve of some kind. A random number of enemies, which random thing is targeted, a percentage chance of a thing happening, random encounter tables, etc. If I need to decide between four of something, or eight of something, etc.

I know you have a ton of stuff on your plate, so if I need to make a bunch of tables, that's fine, just thought I'd ask.

MadBeardMan
March 10th, 2021, 10:21
I just want to be able to generate things on the fly that aren't limited to a multiple of 6 or a bell curve of some kind. A random number of enemies, which random thing is targeted, a percentage chance of a thing happening, random encounter tables, etc. If I need to decide between four of something, or eight of something, etc.

I know you have a ton of stuff on your plate, so if I need to make a bunch of tables, that's fine, just thought I'd ask.

Hi dQnielk,

Valid point. though I'm not sure the average Traveller play would want the dice on the desktop (as that space is a premium) - but let me have a think about how best, I don't like to say no to anything, so could be a small extension might do the trick.

Cheers,
MBM

GregRex
March 10th, 2021, 13:17
dQnielk, if you type '/roll d100' in chat you will get a random d100 output. Same for any other string. It can be a d4, d8, or d71. It is a built-in random number generator that exists within the Core framework of Fantasy Grounds.

Hopefully, that can serve as a functional workaround for you.

-Greg

MrWigggles
March 10th, 2021, 15:08
Hi dQnielk,

Valid point. though I'm not sure the average Traveller play would want the dice on the desktop (as that space is a premium) - but let me have a think about how best, I don't like to say no to anything, so could be a small extension might do the trick.

Cheers,
MBM

You could put it in the die sub menu, where the d3 and the d60. Though the downside to that, is that they'll only be able to roll arbitary number of one other polyhedral

dQnielk
March 10th, 2021, 19:28
Hi dQnielk,

Cheers,
MBM

An extension would be a great solution, if you have time. I have all the desktop space in the world, but I know a lot of people don't; so that sounds like a great way to make them optional for anyone that wants them.

koriley
March 10th, 2021, 20:05
Sorry if this has been stated, I have not seen it, but I also have not looked at every post. I think it would be really cool if masks on fx layers could be drawn out like how walls are added. Currently (as far as I can tell) the only way to do a mask on an fx layer is to use a square and sometimes that can leave unwanted particles.

Thanks

GregRex
March 10th, 2021, 20:52
koriley This more of an overall Core feature of FG but if you hold ALT while unmasking it gives you precision in your unmasking efforts.

-Greg

koriley
March 11th, 2021, 05:14
Well, are you some kind of wizard, GregRex? That works great, thank you so much for telling me that!

deejaay1018
March 13th, 2021, 22:08
Dont know if it is already mention but I would like my players to have their own Locker storage. By this I mean a way of offloading the tons of items collected in their inventory. It’s getting unmanageable for the players to remember what they have. So, these are the functions I think would be handy.
1. A way for each player to check in or check out gear that they personally own.
2. Possibly within the locker there is code to group items into similar categories and then a Miscellaneous place for items that can’t be categorized yet.
3. A way to create a custom category for players to put their ‘special’ weapons and stuff. Like a ‘go-bag’ category for quick adventures etc.

I think this will help in-clutter their inventory and also help define what the Traveller is actually taking on a mission (defining encumberence status).
The personal locker can be coded within the character sheet, or created externally (where others might try to hack and steal stuff!).

If there is a way to do this already please let me know.

Thanks MB!

Oh by the way, I would still like the ability where if a player un-equips or carries a weapon, it will not show up in the actions window...or can’t be fired. This will reinforce encumberence and reduce the player bristling with firearms in an impossible way to manage them.

Deej

MrWigggles
March 14th, 2021, 09:45
Dont know if it is already mention but I would like my players to have their own Locker storage. By this I mean a way of offloading the tons of items collected in their inventory. It’s getting unmanageable for the players to remember what they have. So, these are the functions I think would be handy.
1. A way for each player to check in or check out gear that they personally own.
2. Possibly within the locker there is code to group items into similar categories and then a Miscellaneous place for items that can’t be categorized yet.
3. A way to create a custom category for players to put their ‘special’ weapons and stuff. Like a ‘go-bag’ category for quick adventures etc.

I think this will help in-clutter their inventory and also help define what the Traveller is actually taking on a mission (defining encumberence status).
The personal locker can be coded within the character sheet, or created externally (where others might try to hack and steal stuff!).

If there is a way to do this already please let me know.

Thanks MB!

Oh by the way, I would still like the ability where if a player un-equips or carries a weapon, it will not show up in the actions window...or can’t be fired. This will reinforce encumberence and reduce the player bristling with firearms in an impossible way to manage them.

Deej
I think having a secondary tab for inventory wouldnt be that bad of an idea. There are quite a lot of flavor items PCs can buy which are great for character stuff, just clutter inventory screen. Though maybe being able to store stuff on Ships and Vehicles would be pretty cool. Drag and Drop items to and from the cargo section. Not sure how to retain which character its from. Beside Renaming the Items.
As a workaround, Deej, you can create a Mule PC, which character can drag and drop items onto it. They'll need to rename their geat if they want to retain personal ownership. And the GM will need to give stuff to you, as PC cant be freely accessed.

Weissrolf
March 14th, 2021, 13:44
Theoretically player "lockers" would work with "Parcels", but unfortunately players are not able to write to them even they are shared and unlocked.

GregRex
March 14th, 2021, 14:10
deejaay1018, not quite what you may be looking for; players can drop items from their PC Inventory tab to the Party Sheet Inventory tab. It clears ownership but sounds like it will clear up the PC Inventory sheet for you. It has two-way functionality so they can grab the item when they need it from the Party Sheet Inventory within the context of the RP situation.

*Edit* One other thing I thought of. Players can create an item in their inventory and call it "Locker". Then assign using 'location' every item that belongs in the locker to create an organized subgroup in the PC Inventory tab.

Weissrolf
March 14th, 2021, 16:13
The "Map Parcel Extension" seems to allow players to put items into parcels and thus offer an easy option for PC "lockers" (among other things). I suggest you take a look at it, it's not too expensive for a one-time fee and seems to enjoy active support.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62134-Map-Parcel-Extension-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity/page23

SilentRuin
March 14th, 2021, 17:12
My extensions work in 5E and are in my signature. While some may support other things don't count on it.

SilentRuin
March 14th, 2021, 17:24
The "Map Parcel Extension" seems to allow players to put items into parcels and thus offer an easy option for PC "lockers" (among other things). I suggest you take a look at it, it's not too expensive for a one-time fee and seems to enjoy active support.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62134-Map-Parcel-Extension-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity/page23

I note this is for traveler - my extensions are for 5E - while some will work for other things you should not count on it. So not really relevant for this thread.

rcruk
March 15th, 2021, 02:20
Just wondering how the Trade Goods work? Is it possible that these could be dragged and dropped into the Ships Cargo tab or and/or the System Cargo tab... unless I'm doing it wrong and that is already possible?

MadBeardMan
March 15th, 2021, 02:33
Just wondering how the Trade Goods work? Is it possible that these could be dragged and dropped into the Ships Cargo tab or and/or the System Cargo tab... unless I'm doing it wrong and that is already possible?

The data is there for the moment as I work on the Cargo system (and for the Trade system).

The PC Sheet will soon have a tab called 'Ships' and in that tab you can view a ship assigned to you and interact with the Cargo.

Cheers,
MBM

The Canterbury Tail
March 18th, 2021, 19:17
What Library Data is that? Alas, Data has to be formatted and so I'd need details of 'what data' and 'what does that data look like'? There are notes that I use to do this, it's plain text but shareable.

Thanks,
MBM

Standard Library Data would just be basic text entries in general. Basically an in game dictionary/encyclopaedia.

JohnQPublic
March 18th, 2021, 23:44
I would like more filters. Especially on items. Would be nice to be able to sort by a range of tech level and/or law level. Loving the ruleset so far, thank you for all the work!

Serg Barbeau
March 19th, 2021, 07:16
I would like more filters. Especially on items. Would be nice to be able to sort by a range of tech level and/or law level. Loving the ruleset so far, thank you for all the work!

With the Items and the Law Level in general, the trouble is. Very vague rules. The prohibition is influenced by Law Level, the Government, and the Category of Item. But in the rules, the Items are not even assigned Categories. Maybe someone has already done it or knows where you can take at least Categories for each Item?

deejaay1018
March 19th, 2021, 13:51
I would like a structured way to do an Opposed roll between players and NPCs. Some flag checked as being Opposed that will log the Effect and wait for the other player/NPC to roll to compare to.

MadBeardMan
March 19th, 2021, 16:02
I would like a structured way to do an Opposed roll between players and NPCs. Some flag checked as being Opposed that will log the Effect and wait for the other player/NPC to roll to compare to.

Hi Deej,

A nice idea, not that easy to do due to the state would have to be remembered and that's not part of FGU.

I would think we could do something like the Task Chains - not a focus at the moment though, head is in the PC Ships Tab.

Will get it added to the Trello board.

Cheers,
MBM

rcruk
March 20th, 2021, 23:08
The data is there for the moment as I work on the Cargo system (and for the Trade system).

The PC Sheet will soon have a tab called 'Ships' and in that tab you can view a ship assigned to you and interact with the Cargo.

Cheers,
MBM

That will be really useful. My crew have just taken on the mortgage for an A2L Far Trader.

zelannii
April 28th, 2021, 20:28
Please extend the text parser to look at item text. allow effect syntax, to hit, saves, application of damage/healing, etc by highlighting and dragging text from within item description field to a target. SO MANY manually entered player "powers" would be eliminated from need by doing this. Many items work as and are worked exactly the same as spells, so hopefully it's just a matter of having the parser actually parse these fields with the existing logic and add the drag/selection layer.

Consumable items: if equipped or carried in inventory they should show up on the actions tab under an "items" heading. under the preparation view let players check or uncheck ones they don't care to have cluttering their view. Honestly any item that isn't already an equipped weapon that has actionable text should show up in such a view, with parsed text showing up as action buttons.

Track time. I like the idea of players seeing a visual indicator of a sun/moon for a "vague" time reference and optionally being able to hide it in situations where the DM determines the players have no way of keeping time directly. From the DM view, allow them to change the time directly as non-combat events occur, (auto add 6 seconds per round in combat) allowing the DM to see exact time, with "easy" buttons to add 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, and 60 minutes as well as more manual click and type to specify time controlls. Then let effects track that when in use to handle expiring properly as time elapses. If a map uses time-keyed environment lighting allow the current "time" to impact the lighting, and let the GM decide at what times lighting does change and how.

MadBeardMan
April 28th, 2021, 21:12
Please extend the text parser to look at item text. allow effect syntax, to hit, saves, application of damage/healing, etc by highlighting and dragging text from within item description field to a target. SO MANY manually entered player "powers" would be eliminated from need by doing this. Many items work as and are worked exactly the same as spells, so hopefully it's just a matter of having the parser actually parse these fields with the existing logic and add the drag/selection layer.

Consumable items: if equipped or carried in inventory they should show up on the actions tab under an "items" heading. under the preparation view let players check or uncheck ones they don't care to have cluttering their view. Honestly any item that isn't already an equipped weapon that has actionable text should show up in such a view, with parsed text showing up as action buttons.

Track time. I like the idea of players seeing a visual indicator of a sun/moon for a "vague" time reference and optionally being able to hide it in situations where the DM determines the players have no way of keeping time directly. From the DM view, allow them to change the time directly as non-combat events occur, (auto add 6 seconds per round in combat) allowing the DM to see exact time, with "easy" buttons to add 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, and 60 minutes as well as more manual click and type to specify time controlls. Then let effects track that when in use to handle expiring properly as time elapses. If a map uses time-keyed environment lighting allow the current "time" to impact the lighting, and let the GM decide at what times lighting does change and how.

Hi,

I'm a bit confused, so bear with me please.

Text Parser - what text parser? Traveller doesn't have such a thing.
Consumable Items - Interesting idea, though consumables have many uses and so actions would need to be agreed and defined ahead of this work.
Track Time - I myself don't see the use of this, most adventures aren't on a planet with a time that works in the same way the space station/port does.

Thinking about these, these feel better for another system, not Traveller?

Cheers,
MBM

zelannii
April 28th, 2021, 21:18
Hi,

I'm a bit confused, so bear with me please.

Text Parser - what text parser? Traveller doesn't have such a thing.
Consumable Items - Interesting idea, though consumables have many uses and so actions would need to be agreed and defined ahead of this work.
Track Time - I myself don't see the use of this, most adventures aren't on a planet with a time that works in the same way the space station/port does.

Thinking about these, these feel better for another system, not Traveller?

Cheers,
MBM

hmm, title of post did not restrict this to traveler. I suspected it was general FGU. Is there a post this should be under for general FGU or 5E ruleset? I wasn;t finding one.

esmdev
April 29th, 2021, 04:01
hmm, title of post did not restrict this to traveler. I suspected it was general FGU. Is there a post this should be under for general FGU or 5E ruleset? I wasn;t finding one.

Hi.

For FGU in general there is a feature request wishlist that allows users to up vote ideas. It is located at https://fgapp.idea.informer.com

For 5E people just seem to start threads in the 5E forums.

MBM, maybe rename the thread to Traveller Features Wanted?

superteddy57
April 29th, 2021, 16:22
MOD: Changed title to help sort any confusion

sturmbock
May 3rd, 2021, 04:26
My players were attempting to climb a mountain on a lower gravity world, but they had some issues where they were getting minuses from being encumbered.
Is there a quick way to apply a multiplier to the weight of their gear to apply the effects of the lower gravity to negate the encumbrance modifiers?

esmdev
May 3rd, 2021, 04:43
My players were attempting to climb a mountain on a lower gravity world, but they had some issues where they were getting minuses from being encumbered.
Is there a quick way to apply a multiplier to the weight of their gear to apply the effects of the lower gravity to negate the encumbrance modifiers?

I don't think there is a mechanical feature to handle high/low gravity in the ruleset. However, if you decide that the weight of an object should be negated the player can enter an opposite modifier in the circle on the bottom left corner of the UI. If they have a -1 they can just enter a +1 to negate the modifier. They have to do it with each roll but it will get the job done.

russ143
May 4th, 2021, 01:23
https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/elementclasscruisers.html

I bought the elemental class cruisers campaign guide. Can you upgrade the ship stats to include ships morale and efficiency rating as well as the spots for different crew members so that I can play ship based Naval campaigns?

Russ

kronovan
May 20th, 2021, 09:13
Could light effects be added to the FX form?
I've gotten accustomed to setting the new lights as effects for PCs in the D&D 5e ruleset's Combat Tracker. I like that the light effect remains on the PC's token as long as the PC remains on the CT and I'd like to do the same for Travellers. I know it can be done by manually entering the correct text syntax in a PC effect and have already been experimenting with it in MGT2e - works just fine. The problem though, is that my memory isn't what it used to be and I know I'm eventually going to forget the correct syntax.

MadBeardMan
May 20th, 2021, 23:57
Could light effects be added to the FX form?
I've gotten accustomed to setting the new lights as effects for PCs in the D&D 5e ruleset's Combat Tracker. I like that the light effect remains on the PC's token as long as the PC remains on the CT and I'd like to do the same for Travellers. I know it can be done by manually entering the correct text syntax in a PC effect and have already been experimenting with it in MGT2e - works just fine. The problem though, is that my memory isn't what it used to be and I know I'm eventually going to forget the correct syntax.

Hi kronovan,

I don't play DnD that much (though I do run CoS) and no idea about the light effects at the moment, let me know the syntax and I'll see where it is in DnD ruleset and look at that.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
May 21st, 2021, 23:24
https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/elementclasscruisers.html

I bought the elemental class cruisers campaign guide. Can you upgrade the ship stats to include ships morale and efficiency rating as well as the spots for different crew members so that I can play ship based Naval campaigns?

Russ

Hi Russ,

Technically I can't support anything from upcoming products, but Crew are coming in the next update, as you need these for all spacecraft.

The others I'll look at adding for you though when I complete the more important stuff around ships, however save me a bit of time, what pages in the books are these stats?

Cheers,
MBM

kronovan
May 22nd, 2021, 23:07
Hi kronovan,

I don't play DnD that much (though I do run CoS) and no idea about the light effects at the moment, let me know the syntax and I'll see where it is in DnD ruleset and look at that.

Cheers,
MBM

These are all that are on the Effects form for 2 different FGU rulesets; D&D 5e and Call of Cthulhu 7.0

VARIOUS COMMMON LIGHT EFFECTS for D&D 5e
LIGHT: 20 torch
LIGHT: 5 candle
LIGHT: 15/45 lamp
LIGHT: 30 lantern

VARIOUS COMMMON LIGHT EFFECTS for Call of Cthulhu 7.0
LIGHT: 4 torch
LIGHT: 1 candle
LIGHT: 3/9 lamp
LIGHT: 6 lantern

SPELL LIGHTING EFFECTS for D&D 5e
LIGHT: 20 light
LIGHT: 15/15 darkness

SPELL LIGHT EFFECTS for Call of Cthulhu 7.0
LIGHT: 4 light
LIGHT: 3/3 darkness

As well these are some for D&D 5e that can be manually entered for an effect.

INNATE/SPECIES VISION EFFECTS for D&D 5e
VISION: 60 blindsight
VISION: 30 darkvision
VISION: 20 truesight

As you can see the numbers vary for the different rulesets as the distance per grid unit on maps varies. The first number is the distance and IIRC the second is the distance that dim light occurs for. The D&D 5e numbers represent feet and with MGT2e using meters those numbers need to be changed - can't remember off the top of my head what map units CoC 7 uses. The Common lights have different flickering effects that are preset by their name, which I assume is defined by the CoreRPG ruleset. Candle has the highest and is set at 100%, next is torch, while lantern and lamp have almost no flicker. I find that Lamp and Lantern best suit an Industrial world at TL 4 or higher, with candle and torch working for primitive. The Darkvision casts a consistent light 60 feet for the D&D 5e ruleset, but all illumination is in shades of grey. I find it works well for nightvision goggles you might encounter in a Traveller TL 6+ world. Both Truevision and Darkvision are not effected by darkness lights. As expected though, they're still affected by masking.

[Edit] Forgot to mention, any of those effects can be manually entered in an Effect field for a PC of NPC in the Combat Tracker (CT.) For both the rulesets I give values for, A Light can be added to a character token with both of those rulesets by making them the active character in the CT, then clicking the Effects button and clicking the desired light button on the Effects form.

RobP
May 25th, 2021, 07:10
Could the Player Spacecraft have the ability to add user images/text to it? That way we could attach 2d deck-plans and other ship specific supporting text to the spacecraft :)

MadBeardMan
May 29th, 2021, 15:40
Could the Player Spacecraft have the ability to add user images/text to it? That way we could attach 2d deck-plans and other ship specific supporting text to the spacecraft :)

Hello RobP,

Not a bad ask. The PC sheet is quite fluid at the moment, as it's been discussed with SuperTeddy that I'll bring as much PC Ship stuff as possible inline with SFRPG, so it's easier/quicker to code and you learn one ruleset, you learn both (and hopefully any other that uses ships!).

So I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
MBM

RobP
May 29th, 2021, 16:57
Thanks MBM!

MadBeardMan
May 29th, 2021, 18:16
These are all that are on the Effects form for 2 different FGU rulesets; D&D 5e and Call of Cthulhu 7.0

VARIOUS COMMMON LIGHT EFFECTS for D&D 5e
LIGHT: 20 torch
LIGHT: 5 candle
LIGHT: 15/45 lamp
LIGHT: 30 lantern

VARIOUS COMMMON LIGHT EFFECTS for Call of Cthulhu 7.0
LIGHT: 4 torch
LIGHT: 1 candle
LIGHT: 3/9 lamp
LIGHT: 6 lantern

SPELL LIGHTING EFFECTS for D&D 5e
LIGHT: 20 light
LIGHT: 15/15 darkness

SPELL LIGHT EFFECTS for Call of Cthulhu 7.0
LIGHT: 4 light
LIGHT: 3/3 darkness

As well these are some for D&D 5e that can be manually entered for an effect.

INNATE/SPECIES VISION EFFECTS for D&D 5e
VISION: 60 blindsight
VISION: 30 darkvision
VISION: 20 truesight

As you can see the numbers vary for the different rulesets as the distance per grid unit on maps varies. The first number is the distance and IIRC the second is the distance that dim light occurs for. The D&D 5e numbers represent feet and with MGT2e using meters those numbers need to be changed - can't remember off the top of my head what map units CoC 7 uses. The Common lights have different flickering effects that are preset by their name, which I assume is defined by the CoreRPG ruleset. Candle has the highest and is set at 100%, next is torch, while lantern and lamp have almost no flicker. I find that Lamp and Lantern best suit an Industrial world at TL 4 or higher, with candle and torch working for primitive. The Darkvision casts a consistent light 60 feet for the D&D 5e ruleset, but all illumination is in shades of grey. I find it works well for nightvision goggles you might encounter in a Traveller TL 6+ world. Both Truevision and Darkvision are not effected by darkness lights. As expected though, they're still affected by masking.

[Edit] Forgot to mention, any of those effects can be manually entered in an Effect field for a PC of NPC in the Combat Tracker (CT.) For both the rulesets I give values for, A Light can be added to a character token with both of those rulesets by making them the active character in the CT, then clicking the Effects button and clicking the desired light button on the Effects form.

Hi Kronovan,

Checkout the v1.2.3 branch thread, I've added the lighting effects, a screenshot is on my Twitter.

So should get to you a week on Tuesday (8th June).

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
May 29th, 2021, 21:06
Hi Kronovan,

Checkout the v1.2.3 branch thread, I've added the lighting effects, a screenshot is on my Twitter.

So should get to you a week on Tuesday (8th June).

Cheers,
MBM

Looks good, though maybe change Spell to Psi or something more travellerish.

MadBeardMan
May 30th, 2021, 12:44
Looks good, though maybe change Spell to Psi or something more travellerish.

Hey,

Good suggestion. I tried, but it doesn't seem to work. Could be it's built in. I'll have another attempt when I have a bit more time.

Cheers

pheanox
June 1st, 2021, 01:16
I mentioned this on the Highguard thread, but there are some additions to the ship tab that would be useful!

My suggestions: In the Notes section for Running Costs, could we split that in to two columns, one for Ship Maintenance, and the other for Life Support? A third column would be good for the monthly mortgage (and maybe how many months are left?) also just to have all that finance information in one place.

Another suggestion I guess (not specific to High Guard), can we get the "Spare Parts" material either in Items or Trade Goods, Travellers purchase this by the ton to fix critical hits. Vehicle spare parts are on page 135 of the core book, Cr 500 per ton, and starship spare parts are on page 150 and are Cr 100.000 per ton.

MadBeardMan
June 2nd, 2021, 17:54
I mentioned this on the Highguard thread, but there are some additions to the ship tab that would be useful!

My suggestions: In the Notes section for Running Costs, could we split that in to two columns, one for Ship Maintenance, and the other for Life Support? A third column would be good for the monthly mortgage (and maybe how many months are left?) also just to have all that finance information in one place.

Another suggestion I guess (not specific to High Guard), can we get the "Spare Parts" material either in Items or Trade Goods, Travellers purchase this by the ton to fix critical hits. Vehicle spare parts are on page 135 of the core book, Cr 500 per ton, and starship spare parts are on page 150 and are Cr 100.000 per ton.

Hi pheanox,

Spare parts is a good idea, I just put those details in the nodes on the ship myself, but I could put a field that record the tonnage.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
June 2nd, 2021, 18:08
Hi pheanox,

Spare parts is a good idea, I just put those details in the nodes on the ship myself, but I could put a field that record the tonnage.

Cheers,
MBM

A field for spare parts tonnage would be nice. It is just another step forward on cargo. Little bits here and there and eventually 100%.

superteddy57
June 2nd, 2021, 18:16
A field for spare parts tonnage would be nice. It is just another step forward on cargo. Little bits here and there and eventually 100%.

You should check out how SFRPG's newest update handles ships and cargo. You might like it.

pheanox
June 2nd, 2021, 19:14
The reason I suggest splitting off life support from ship maintenance (if you thought that unnecessary) is because live support costs are variable month to month depending on passenger and crew compliment. You pay 1k per stateroom but also 1k per body actually on the ship. So it's way more volatile than so mx cost.

dosfox
June 15th, 2021, 18:25
Two Quick Suggestions / Requests:

1.) A methodology to handle healing from Surgery, Medical Care, and Natural Healing. Or more generally, a way to apply a generic amount of healing to a character that respects their Heal Characteristic Order setting.
2.) A methodology for handling cover as armor, especially for NPCs.

Dalton Calford
June 15th, 2021, 18:38
Hi MBM,
Been away from FGU for awhile.
A few things are needed.
(1) a form that the referee drops a world onto, and it generates the random encounters and distances.
(2) a form where you drop two worlds and a distance on it. You apply the effect of the players rolls and it tells you the available passengers, cargo and speculative cargo including mail.

Both of the above is cumbersome in both FTF and virtual gaming, but, is very helpful for play.

Smokintek
July 8th, 2021, 19:30
Hi MadBeadMan,

I was doing some setup for a Traveller game I'm planning to run and realized that when I was defining the systems I couldn't drag and drop the trade goods into the system trade goods tab. I was hoping thats an easy thing? At the same time having a place on the pc ship to record what the cargo is and how much would also be kind of nice. My players are pretty interested in speculative trading during their jumps.

Thanks in advance!

johnecc
July 8th, 2021, 21:57
Hi, I don’t know about the trade goods part, but as for ships cargo, that is listed as one of the things currently being worked on for v1.2.5

ThatsSoNoc
July 16th, 2021, 09:21
Hello, Traveller Fans,

I wonder if anyone familiar with building extensions would be willing to tackle a tiny issue we've been experiencing in our current Traveller campaign. That is the B'wap racial feature 'A Structured Mind' - where B'wap characters receive an automatic BOON whenever they make an Admin or Science Skill check.

Over on the 5e side of FGU, folks have access to all kinds of extensions to automate functions such as; ADV when flanking or 'Sneak Attack' (to name two of many examples).

Code that goes something like:

A Structured Mind: IF Admin or Science Skill Check, THEN BOON dice.

I am not lazy; I don't know how to code this. So your attention to this small issue would be very welcome.

Thank-you.

cdjensen99
July 25th, 2021, 12:12
Hello, I would like to see an actual race tab added to the sheet, This could be set to keep track of all the extra stuff rolled/added from the Aliens of Charted space. As an example all the rolls needed to do an Aslan character, Gender, Clan, Ancestral Deeds, Past deeds (currently mislabeled as Ancestral Territory in FGU reference material), Family Inheritance, Rite of Passage.

Also if you could add race entries for all the races listed in the Aliens of Charted Space Vol 1, currently listing only K'Kree and Zodani (Zodani is incomplete), or at least add one for the Vargr as they are different then in the core book.

ThatsSoNoc
July 25th, 2021, 20:46
While editing Systems, it has occurred to me that the notes tab/section would be shared with all the other relevant information on a planet/system if I share a record with the players. This is not desirable if the notes tab/section contains hidden/discoverable information. Thus, if there could be either an additional tab viewable by the Game Master only or a subsection of the notes tab that could be hidden from players whenever the system information is shared that would go a long way towards keeping meta information secret until discovered.

Thank-you.

Serg Barbeau
July 26th, 2021, 08:43
While editing Systems, it has occurred to me that the notes tab/section would be shared with all the other relevant information on a planet/system if I share a record with the players. This is not desirable if the notes tab/section contains hidden/discoverable information. Thus, if there could be either an additional tab viewable by the Game Master only or a subsection of the notes tab that could be hidden from players whenever the system information is shared that would go a long way towards keeping meta information secret until discovered.

Thank-you.

This is generally a lot of things that are necessary. For example, for an NPC. The name of the NPC should also be hidden, just like the items.

ThatsSoNoc
July 26th, 2021, 11:04
Hello,

I have been editing systems information over the past few days, filling in areas that were missing from various purchased Fantasy Grounds Traveller products using information gleaned from the Traveller Wiki and similar sources.

In this process, I have noticed that there are many Trade Classification Codes that are missing from the available codes recognized by the interface to choose from when editing worlds.

For instance, I can add Ni (Non-Industrial) and the Traveller interface handles that without issue, including a useful reminder pop-up when you roll over the codes. However, there are many secondary and special codes that the interface does not recognize - too many to mention here.

I have compiled a list of all the 'official' Traveller Trade Classification Codes in a PDF. I wonder if these can be added to the Traveller interface to allow myself and others access to the very helpful reminder pop-up reference code feature?

Thank you.

Vayne187
July 27th, 2021, 00:20
I would love a language box on the character sheets so you can use the language feature ingame.

Vayne187
July 27th, 2021, 00:25
I dont think you need all the spell effects and hopefully its in 3m intervals. maybe have IR, NV, Thermal and xray as well as standard light distances.

MrWigggles
July 27th, 2021, 02:08
I would love a language box on the character sheets so you can use the language feature ingame.

I dont know how much this has in common with the dnd 5e, but that can do the different langs.
Though I have to say, it is a very underwhelming and difficult thing to use.

esmdev
July 28th, 2021, 04:34
Hello,

I have been editing systems information over the past few days, filling in areas that were missing from various purchased Fantasy Grounds Traveller products using information gleaned from the Traveller Wiki and similar sources.

In this process, I have noticed that there are many Trade Classification Codes that are missing from the available codes recognized by the interface to choose from when editing worlds.

For instance, I can add Ni (Non-Industrial) and the Traveller interface handles that without issue, including a useful reminder pop-up when you roll over the codes. However, there are many secondary and special codes that the interface does not recognize - too many to mention here.

I have compiled a list of all the 'official' Traveller Trade Classification Codes in a PDF. I wonder if these can be added to the Traveller interface to allow myself and others access to the very helpful reminder pop-up reference code feature?

Thank you.

This has come up before, and most of the trade codes you list are from T5 and not MGT2. Since the MGT2 ruleset is licensed by Mongoose and not Far Future Enterprises the ruleset needs to follow what is in the Mongoose rules. It would be nice to have all of the extended trade codes, but those trade codes aren't used by any of the trade or world systems in MGT2 so they aren't needed for a strictly MGT2 ruleset.

That said, I have seen a screenshot in MadBeardMan's twitter that he was playing with T5 and Fantasy Grounds, so who knows what the future holds for that but it won't get incorporated into the MGT2 ruleset, and that is a Mongoose issue not FG or MBM.

Vayne187
July 28th, 2021, 17:52
I dont know how much this has in common with the dnd 5e, but that can do the different langs.
Though I have to say, it is a very underwhelming and difficult thing to use.

Yes. I would like to have it work the same. The issue is there is no language box on the character sheet so there is no way to assign languages to a character as the character sheet is currently constructed for Traveller.

Serg Barbeau
July 29th, 2021, 18:51
This has come up before, and most of the trade codes you list are from T5 and not MGT2. Since the MGT2 ruleset is licensed by Mongoose and not Far Future Enterprises the ruleset needs to follow what is in the Mongoose rules. It would be nice to have all of the extended trade codes, but those trade codes aren't used by any of the trade or world systems in MGT2 so they aren't needed for a strictly MGT2 ruleset.

That said, I have seen a screenshot in MadBeardMan's twitter that he was playing with T5 and Fantasy Grounds, so who knows what the future holds for that but it won't get incorporated into the MGT2 ruleset, and that is a Mongoose issue not FG or MBM.

Nevertheless, the Base codes are used from T5 and they do not have TAS and Research, which are in Corebook MGT2

Stripe_dog
July 31st, 2021, 19:06
Apologizes if this has already been asked/requested, I searched this thread and didn't see it.

Currently there's support to enable various optional characteristics in the Options menu (Charm, Luck, Morale, Sanity, etc.), but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to allow the adding of custom characteristics instead of restricting it to Options? In a manner similar to how you can add blank skills to the skills tab and name them, would it be possible to add blank characteristics to the character sheet so they can be named? That way people can introduce their own homebrew characteristics and also any 1st or 3rd party resources than introduce a new characteristic would be easy to implement by the user and not require a ruleset update.

Also I noticed that none of the optional characteristics show up under Characteristic Status on the Actions tab? I saw, earlier in this thread, the reason that additional characteristics don't show up on the desktop overrides and that's fine (you can just click through all the characteristics in the skills page anyway so you don't strictly need the overrides, I wouldn't mind being able to hide them all) but is there a technical limitation as to why optional characteristics don't show on the Actions tab? Or are they supposed to and I'm just missing something?

MadBeardMan
July 31st, 2021, 19:20
Apologizes if this has already been asked/requested, I searched this thread and didn't see it.

Currently there's support to enable various optional characteristics in the Options menu (Charm, Luck, Morale, Sanity, etc.), but I was wondering if it would be at all possible to allow the adding of custom characteristics instead of restricting it to Options? In a manner similar to how you can add blank skills to the skills tab and name them, would it be possible to add blank characteristics to the character sheet so they can be named? That way people can introduce their own homebrew characteristics and also any 1st or 3rd party resources than introduce a new characteristic would be easy to implement by the user and not require a ruleset update.

Also I noticed that none of the optional characteristics show up under Characteristic Status on the Actions tab? I saw, earlier in this thread, the reason that additional characteristics don't show up on the desktop overrides and that's fine (you can just click through all the characteristics in the skills page anyway so you don't strictly need the overrides, I wouldn't mind being able to hide them all) but is there a technical limitation as to why optional characteristics don't show on the Actions tab? Or are they supposed to and I'm just missing something?

Hi,

To quickly answer (as I'm busy making dinner), when the Companion book arrives, the 'characteristics' will be fully finished. I released the main stats early as I knew Companion was an age away and people could start to use them.

I would also say, they're all optional, and most of them aren't modified by combat so don't actually need to be in the Actions Tab, but once Companion drops you'll be able to configure them a lot better.

Now you mention home-brew, that's a lot of work to allow them due to how the ruleset works, so that's not going to be possible at the moment, sorry about that.

Cheers
MBM

Stripe_dog
July 31st, 2021, 21:45
Thanks for the quick reply and taking time at all to answer, and just thank you in general for your excellent work on the ruleset.

No need to answer this quickly (or at all) since it's not at all urgent, and this technically isn't a request, but would it be at all possible for one to create an extension that simply changes the name of a given characteristic? (I know almost nothing about the interworkings of rulesets or extensions).

Thanks again!

MadBeardMan
July 31st, 2021, 22:34
Well fella, to let you know that in the next version (finishing that off over this weekend) the character sheet will have:

4 columns in the main character sheet tab:

Characteristic, Mod (player editable), Equipment (calculated) and DM

On the action tab, the Woundtrrack is changing to show:

Current Value and DM

This way I can fit all the characteristics inside the box I hope.

Cheers,
MBM

MrWigggles
August 1st, 2021, 09:58
The ability to add Ships to the NPC roster thing or a seperate roster for NPC ships. And the ability to make ad hoc NPC ships that are seperate tab to PC ships.

MadBeardMan
August 1st, 2021, 13:16
The ability to add Ships to the NPC roster thing or a seperate roster for NPC ships. And the ability to make ad hoc NPC ships that are seperate tab to PC ships.

That is a very good idea and it'll be part of v1.2.6 as I'd like to a way to separate my NPC ships from the Ships List.

cdjensen99
August 5th, 2021, 10:37
Along the bottom of the screen Where you have teh characteristics buttons, is it possible to add a Psi, Cha, and Ter. This would help in rolling for NPC skills.

MadBeardMan
August 5th, 2021, 11:38
Along the bottom of the screen Where you have teh characteristics buttons, is it possible to add a Psi, Cha, and Ter. This would help in rolling for NPC skills.

On the cards, the issue is screen estate, so been thinking about how best to do it. NPC's will get the updated Characteristics in the next release.

cdjensen99
August 6th, 2021, 10:59
Thanks for the reply, and your work.

Is there any plans in the works for a character creator.

MadBeardMan
August 8th, 2021, 20:07
Thanks for the reply, and your work.

Is there any plans in the works for a character creator.

Yes, as part of the 1.3.X ruleset when Traveller Companion drops. Please be aware, Traveller Character Creation is quite complex, but SuperTeddy and I have discussed the 'best way' to build it, and I have a good idea.

Cheers
MBM

cdjensen99
August 9th, 2021, 10:52
That is wonderful news.

MadBeardMan
August 10th, 2021, 12:13
It'll be an extension first, like the Task Chains feature. It allows me to tweak without a whole ruleset update.

cdjensen99
August 10th, 2021, 12:46
Is there a tutorial out there on how to do stuff. For example I do not know how to add cargo to a ship, when I add a ship to the party sheet it doesn't fill in the stats of the ship (Hull Max = 0, Tons = 0, Armor is Blank with a zero rating). I do not know how to bring up task chains (Do I need to download the extension). Trade goods available system.

Never Mind I see that most of what I am asking is set to hit when 1.2.5 is available.

MadBeardMan
August 10th, 2021, 12:51
Is there a tutorial out there on how to do stuff. For example I do not know how to add cargo to a ship, when I add a ship to the party sheet it doesn't fill in the stats of the ship (Hull Max = 0, Tons = 0, Armor is Blank with a zero rating). I do not know how to bring up task chains (Do I need to download the extension). Trade goods available system.

Valid question, but no. As the system changes so often any tutorials will be out of date. I will do them one day myself when I think we're pretty stable (possibly post Vehicle Handbook). I hope community members will take this up.

There should be an update today which will add in those missing details for you.

Task Chains, was an extension. It's removed now as it's being added to the ruleset (next release).

Cheers,
MBM

cdjensen99
August 10th, 2021, 12:55
Thanks, I tried to edit my post before you answered (You are fast) as I see that 1.2.5 is not available as an update yet.

MadBeardMan
August 10th, 2021, 12:57
I'm on Lunch :)

v1.2.5 will arrive today, just need the US to wake up, so normally see it around 7pm GMT.

Cheers

dosfox
August 10th, 2021, 20:57
One quick (and hopefully easy!) addition: In the status tab of the PC Spacecraft record, could we get separate tracking field for Refined vs Unrefined fuel?

MadBeardMan
August 10th, 2021, 21:33
One quick (and hopefully easy!) addition: In the status tab of the PC Spacecraft record, could we get separate tracking field for Refined vs Unrefined fuel?

Yes, I'll add it tomorrow as GregRex has found an issue with the Cargo on the Party Sheet ships, they need to be added to the PS, but then the campaign restarted so the links work properly.

Added it, about to be posted on my Twitter.

Huzzah

rtrm
August 11th, 2021, 11:34
Is there any chance that items and vehicles could be drag and dropped into cargo?

Additionally, it would be very useful if cargo items are included in the Party Inventory list.

MadBeardMan
August 11th, 2021, 11:45
Is there any chance that items and vehicles could be drag and dropped into cargo?

Additionally, it would be very useful if cargo items are included in the Party Inventory list.

Hi rtrm,

Yes, Items and Vehicles could be added in, Vehicles more easily as they are listed in tons.

The issue with equipment, say Handguns is that they don't really weigh much, so won't have any real effect on the overall Cargo space.

So I will be allowing you to drag gear into it, and then gear out of the Cargo Holds and onto a character sheet (thus removing it from Cargo space), but it won't take any Cargo space. How's that sound?

I could look at adding Cargo Items to the Party Inventory List, maybe this could be an option, not sure if everyone would require this.

Cheers,
MBM

dosfox
August 11th, 2021, 17:09
I'm not sure how, but I would like a way to track the number of reactions a Player and/or NPC have taken since their last turn. This can get especially cumbersome when there are a number of NPCs in addition to a full table of players and combat starts getting intense.

MadBeardMan
August 11th, 2021, 17:52
I'm not sure how, but I would like a way to track the number of reactions a Player and/or NPC have taken since their last turn. This can get especially cumbersome when there are a number of NPCs in addition to a full table of players and combat starts getting intense.

Hi, the problem here is that free actions are unlimited. I don't record them, I just accept what sounds reasonable. Why do you feel the need to record them?

Cheers,
MBM

dosfox
August 11th, 2021, 17:56
Reactions, (ex. Dodging, Parrying, Diving for Cover) impose a -1 DM to your next set of actions for each one you've taken since your last action. That can get difficult to keep track of ad hoc. Having a counter or something in the CT for each Player/NPC would be nice.

MadBeardMan
August 12th, 2021, 12:36
Reactions, (ex. Dodging, Parrying, Diving for Cover) impose a -1 DM to your next set of actions for each one you've taken since your last action. That can get difficult to keep track of ad hoc. Having a counter or something in the CT for each Player/NPC would be nice.

Hi,

Well I'm still not sure, this is where things get a bit messy and personally I limit the number (and type) of reactions, though I also use Leadership so that's manually recorded.

I'll start a new thread rather than discuss here about how to implement this. I welcome your response to it.

Cheers,
MBM

Boldtaar
August 12th, 2021, 18:58
To make it easier to keep track of things in my Aramis The Traveller Adventure campaign.
I have started using the Mission sidebar button to create mission for all patrons encounter from the book and then pinning the mission shortcuts to my sector map where they can encounter the patron.

Having black text and dark gray background color in the text field is not optimal when reading. Maybe something lighter like the look in the Story windows?
A feature I like to see when creating mission is having a public section and a referee only section to enter text in within the missions. (When sharing a mission I don't want to show everything)
And option to add payment or a parcel that can be dropped in to the party sheet when the mission is completed.

Would like to see Missions and Parcel to be used more in the adventures from the Fantasy Grounds store to make batter use of Fantasy grounds features and make life easier on the referee.
For example in the High n Dry adventure i created a parcel for all the tools and spare parts that travellers needed to carry up the mountain.

ThatsSoNoc
August 16th, 2021, 09:29
Good morning MBM,

Requesting an additional tab to be created on a PC Spacecraft when launched out of the PC SCraft sidebar button.

Current tabs are:
Main - FYI, an infobox title is missing from this tab that either doesn't display when you mouseover or is title is left blank, leaving me confused about what information should go into the box. Currently, I am using the box to display the ship's Imperial ID beacon number/hull number.
System
Weapons
Cargo
Notes
Spacecraft Status (fuel)

Can we please add a tab for:
Ships Locker - to allow players and the GM to add and subtract (drag and drop/change values) items that are stored in the ship's locker to keep track of these items as if this were a character's inventory - maybe even appearing on the Party & Ship Sheet Inventory Sheet.

Similar headings and format as a PC's personal inventory: #, Name, Location (just in case there are several ships lockers in larger ships: Forward Locker, Aft Locker, etc.), Kg (weight). Could you also add a running total of the inventory weight so that the GM can quickly check to see that the total inventory mass doesn't exceed the assigned mass value for the ship's locker(s) within the hull?

Extra functionality(?): Allowing items from an NPC Ship's Locker to be drag and dropped as if they were a parcel from a ship, the PCs are looting into the Party & Ship sheet. Although, having the GM create a lootable parcel for this instance would be a quick workaround too.

Thank you for your hard work. Looking forward to all the updates.

PS: I would also like to upvote the 'Space Accountant' thread as this appears to be something the players are looking forward to using.

MadBeardMan
August 16th, 2021, 12:58
Good morning MBM,

Requesting an additional tab to be created on a PC Spacecraft when launched out of the PC SCraft sidebar button.

Current tabs are:
Main - FYI, an infobox title is missing from this tab that either doesn't display when you mouseover or is title is left blank, leaving me confused about what information should go into the box. Currently, I am using the box to display the ship's Imperial ID beacon number/hull number.
System
Weapons
Cargo
Notes
Spacecraft Status (fuel)

Can we please add a tab for:
Ships Locker - to allow players and the GM to add and subtract (drag and drop/change values) items that are stored in the ship's locker to keep track of these items as if this were a character's inventory - maybe even appearing on the Party & Ship Sheet Inventory Sheet.

Similar headings and format as a PC's personal inventory: #, Name, Location (just in case there are several ships lockers in larger ships: Forward Locker, Aft Locker, etc.), Kg (weight). Could you also add a running total of the inventory weight so that the GM can quickly check to see that the total inventory mass doesn't exceed the assigned mass value for the ship's locker(s) within the hull?

Extra functionality(?): Allowing items from an NPC Ship's Locker to be drag and dropped as if they were a parcel from a ship, the PCs are looting into the Party & Ship sheet. Although, having the GM create a lootable parcel for this instance would be a quick workaround too.

Thank you for your hard work. Looking forward to all the updates.

PS: I would also like to upvote the 'Space Accountant' thread as this appears to be something the players are looking forward to using.

Afternoon,

I was thinking about the Ships Locker(s) recently as well, that's on the list to do next I think.

After that we'll be looking at how PC's can loot NPC ships....

Where's this 'Space Accountant'? I can't find it.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
August 16th, 2021, 13:10
To make it easier to keep track of things in my Aramis The Traveller Adventure campaign.
I have started using the Mission sidebar button to create mission for all patrons encounter from the book and then pinning the mission shortcuts to my sector map where they can encounter the patron.

Having black text and dark gray background color in the text field is not optimal when reading. Maybe something lighter like the look in the Story windows?
A feature I like to see when creating mission is having a public section and a referee only section to enter text in within the missions. (When sharing a mission I don't want to show everything)
And option to add payment or a parcel that can be dropped in to the party sheet when the mission is completed.

Would like to see Missions and Parcel to be used more in the adventures from the Fantasy Grounds store to make batter use of Fantasy grounds features and make life easier on the referee.
For example in the High n Dry adventure i created a parcel for all the tools and spare parts that travellers needed to carry up the mountain.

Hi Boldtaar,

About the colours for the Mission details. That's exactly the same as everywhere else. Now I can override it, and might look at making the grey a bit lighter across the board.

I'm not sure if things can be shown to players or only the GM, do you know where else that kind of thing works? But I'll look into it for you.

I'm starting to go through all the adventures and updating the images and adding Spacecraft (High and Dry etc), so adding Parcels shouldn't be an issue, they are in use already in some adventures.

Cheers,
MBM

Cheers,
MBM

ThatsSoNoc
August 16th, 2021, 14:11
I was thinking about the Ships Locker(s) recently as well, that's on the list to do next I think.

MBM, Sir.

All praise to like minds. I wish you success in your coding efforts to produce a Ships Locker(s) tab, and the rapidity of your advancement towards your next version release.

Where's this 'Space Accountant'? I can't find it.

I was referring to the following post:
Space Accountant Support by Mr. Wiggles December 18th, 2020, 14:49 - on the first page of this thread 'Traveller Features Wanted'

I remain your humble servant.

ThatsSoNoc

MrWigggles
August 18th, 2021, 11:10
Not looking well for my suggestion when the Dev doesnt remember it! XD (No worries, MBM. There a millions going on.)

Boldtaar
August 18th, 2021, 11:42
Hi Boldtaar,

I'm not sure if things can be shown to players or only the GM, do you know where else that kind of thing works? But I'll look into it for you.

MBM

Figured out a workaround. I create two mission for a Patreon quest.
I create a mission for the Players’ Information that is public and a second one for the Referee’s Information that is private and then I drop a shortcut link to the outer mission in both.

I you find a fix I would like the same option to have both a private and public text the the Systems nots tab.

MrWigggles
August 19th, 2021, 02:25
A blank D66 table to copy and make use of.

Boldtaar
August 20th, 2021, 15:37
A lot of ships in core book has no weapons by default. Would be nice if GM can quickly drop in new weapon into a ships attack section (gun icon) to add weapon or do changes quickly.
I know I can click on the TAS icon for the ship, unlock and add weapon to action tab but nice to have the option to quickly drag and drop in combat tracker.

Store Space battles in the Sidebar Battle menu.
I like to create and store some pre planned space battles with ships and NPCs crew in the sidebar Battle menu.
This would allow GM to but together ready to go encounters with customised ships and crew for patrol boats, pirate vessel and or more flesh out and color full NPC encounters.
Perfect for community expansions!

MrWigggles
August 22nd, 2021, 03:31
The ability in the combat tracker to Desginate something as Ships, Vehicles and Persons.
As sometime there are people shooting at ships and ships shooting at poeple. And vehicles running around being annoying.
The ability to use the two optional rules regarding Vehicle damges which can be found on page 104 of the Compaign.

MrWigggles
August 22nd, 2021, 06:52
A secondary inventory tab for player characters sheets. This way the PC can keep their stuff better organize so their main inventory isnt crowded by things like say, a washing machine or high fidility entertament system and new mattress for their room.

rcruk
August 25th, 2021, 22:25
Since the recent FGU update, the font is much easier to read. Is it possible this can be retained, or if this is the default FGU font can there be an option to use it?

MadBeardMan
August 25th, 2021, 22:39
Since the recent FGU update, the font is much easier to read. Is it possible this can be retained, or if this is the default FGU font can there be an option to use it?

Hi Rcruk,

A bit confused about your post, what 'font' is much easier to read?

Cheers
MBM

rcruk
August 25th, 2021, 23:27
I may be mistaken, but it looks as though the font has changed since last time we used FGU over the weekend. Subtle change but the letters seem more evenly spaced, the 'i's are not so hidden, if this makes sense. It seems easier on the eye.

I notice there's a little clipping of the text in certain areas as though certain frames are not sized for this font. I think this has happened a couple of times before, but the font has on each occasion gone back to a slightly narrower one?

MadBeardMan
August 25th, 2021, 23:36
I may be mistaken, but it looks as though the font has changed since last time we used FGU over the weekend. Subtle change but the letters seem more evenly spaced, the 'i's are not so hidden, if this makes sense. It seems easier on the eye.

I notice there's a little clipping of the text in certain areas as though certain frames are not sized for this font. I think this has happened a couple of times before, but the font has on each occasion gone back to a slightly narrower one?

Well some of the issues with FGU that I've reported have been done to font usage, so they may have solved a few of them, so during the current version I'll go through all screens again and tidy them up so they all fit.

Cheers for pointing this out.

MBM

rcruk
August 25th, 2021, 23:38
No worries, thanks for looking into it MBM.

Boldtaar
August 27th, 2021, 20:37
On the PC SCraft Notes tab I would like to be able to drag and drop quick links to images (deckplans) and links to vehicles/spacecraft that are onboard.
This works for normal spacecraft but not PC SCraft .

edit: I can now add more than one ship, it didn't work when I test a few days ago
-----------------
Is there any plans allowing more then one PC spacecraft?
Thinking it's very likely for PC to have more then one when playing Pirates of Drinax or just having a Subsidised Merchant with a 20 ton Launch.
My players often squeeze in extra cargo by placing it in there Launcha and vehicles.

MrWigggles
August 28th, 2021, 15:23
I have two spacecrafts on the Party Craft.

Boldtaar
August 28th, 2021, 15:28
Have two suggestions for the bottom left difficulty level selection.

1. Highlight or color change on the difficulty level box that is selected.
2 A auto reset option for difficulty level back average after every roll. Maybe a setting in options settings or a on/off-button next to difficulty selection.

Boldtaar
August 28th, 2021, 15:41
I have two spacecrafts on the Party Craft.

Humm... now it works for me it didn't before. I couldn't add a second one before.

Vayne187
September 5th, 2021, 03:22
Curious Is there a way to add a line for Funds for the Ship making it easier to account for maintenance costs, Docking fees, fuel and paying for cargo? if you go to the Party sheet there is a line for the players I was wanting to add a separate category either on the ship tab or on the Inventory tab directed at the ship funds.

Theros
September 7th, 2021, 23:27
I have asked this now in several forums, but are there any plans to make general NPC addon which would include pirates, security, scums, officers, basic citizen, police officers and so on to FG? Now it lacks those.

paragade
September 8th, 2021, 20:13
I have asked this now in several forums, but are there any plans to make general NPC addon which would include pirates, security, scums, officers, basic citizen, police officers and so on to FG? Now it lacks those.

The pinned Community Expansions thread has a couple unofficial ones, they've got some great NPCs in there!

Vayne187
September 11th, 2021, 00:58

I generally just make my own npcs it’s pretty easy then I have them forever. I just use a generic token on them.

donpaulo
September 12th, 2021, 05:08
Anyway to add in the prone effect onto the combat tracker ?

MrWigggles
September 12th, 2021, 08:18
Anyway to add in the prone effect onto the combat tracker ?

There is the FX button which you can make custom Effects. Though it only affects INIT and its hard to enter DM to INIT other then +1 or -1.
I tried to make a Surprise effect and I couldnt enter -3. I could only enter -13 and when I tried to delete it, it went back to 1.

Vayne187
September 15th, 2021, 16:03
Is it Possible to use the trade goods links (item links) to be able to drag and drop into parcel, Planet trade goods (from the system tab), or with the ship cargo? This would make speculative trade so much faster in session rather than having to type it all out.

I don’t know if this is possible or how complicated the coding would be. Which is why I thought I’d post it here and let the experts ponder that idea!!

RomanK
September 17th, 2021, 09:16
Have two suggestions for the bottom left difficulty level selection.

1. Highlight or color change on the difficulty level box that is selected.
2 A auto reset option for difficulty level back average after every roll. Maybe a setting in options settings or a on/off-button next to difficulty selection.

this one!!

Ramid
September 25th, 2021, 13:24
Would it be possible to have a tag for Npc's and Pc's on wether they are dodging in combat or not and modify the attacking roll accordingly.

Also for the system to count how often someone is dodging?

TheFastEddy
September 27th, 2021, 00:58
Where does Vehicle Weapons fit in the development cycle? There doesn't seem to be any way to add weapons to the Vehicle sheet or add to the combat tracker. Do people use vehicles in their campaigns?

HennisDopper
September 27th, 2021, 10:22
The vehicles feature is incoming, I asked on the discord and the best way at the moment is to create vehicles as spacecraft at the moment so that they can be assigned to PCs and have the weapons workings too.

TheFastEddy
September 27th, 2021, 14:06
Awesome- I thought I just was doing something wrong- LOL.

MrWigggles
October 16th, 2021, 00:43
A blank d66 table

A blank 2d6 table

The addition of the modifier for the Vehicle Armor as per the Companion.

The ability to mark combatants in the various trackers as Ship, Vehicle, and Person. Obviously, things will default to Ships in the Space combat tracker and things will default to Personal in the personal combat tracker.

But having the dice upgrade themselves to the different damage level for the different scales would be /very/ nifty.

rcruk
October 29th, 2021, 20:14
A Charisma characteristic for Vargr please... like Territory for Aslan and Resolve for Hiver. Even better still if it generates a SOC at -2 compared to the current Charisma score.

cunningrat
October 31st, 2021, 17:22
A Charisma characteristic for Vargr please... like Territory for Aslan and Resolve for Hiver. Even better still if it generates a SOC at -2 compared to the current Charisma score.

That's already in there, though it's not linked to SOC. Look under Options -> Traveller Companion Characteristics. 49744

rcruk
October 31st, 2021, 22:49
That's already in there, though it's not linked to SOC. Look under Options -> Traveller Companion Characteristics. 49744

Charm's not the same as the Vargr racial attribute though. However I can use it as a proxy for now. Charisma should really be in the Characteristics (GM) section as (Vargr) Characteristic linked to Aliens of Charted Space 1, as it's a specific Vargr attribute and shouldn't show for non-Vargr right?

Kind regards,
rcruk

Myrdin Potter
November 1st, 2021, 14:48
It would be nice if the party sheet list of characters was available and if you could screen based on certain skills. Would ber greatly helpful when you need to crew ships to be able to easily screen for the skills needed for different roles.

GregRex
November 1st, 2021, 15:13
rcruk, are you looking for a new attribute to be added to the PC sheet or the Soc attribute to get replaced when a Vargr PC record is created? RAW; SOC is replaced with CHA. In FG's current iteration a Social roll from a Vagr character just needs to be interpreted by the Ref as a Charisma roll.

Myrdin Potter, optional characteristics and the addition of skills to the Party Sheet are on MBM's 'to do' list. I understand that's not exactly what you are asking. Do you envision the PS to be used by the players to make crew decisions based on the metadata available?

Myrdin Potter
November 1st, 2021, 15:25
There is no way as a player to see a list of all the characters available and what skills they have. Playing Pirates of Drinax now with a small fleet and many NPC hirelings, it is a manual sorting chore to get everyone lined up in each ship to make sure that every post is covered.

Even the simple fix the GM tried by putting letters after PC names for the main ship skills did not work as we cannot see a list of all the characters on the party sheet.

The 5e ruleset has a nice list that the DM can make available. Would be nice if Traveller had a version of that. The ability to screen based on skills would be ideal.

GregRex
November 1st, 2021, 15:45
I'm with you on the crewing juggle for PoD. My players are currently operating 3 ships. For context as a Ref I use NPC records for the hirelings. They can still be dragged and dropped to the PS's Ship tab and crew role assigned, along with skill rolls that I perform for the table. We started a public Note listing each ship and I drag and dropped the NPC record in line with which ship they belong to. Each NPC record has a name and its role in parenthesis.

Myrdin Potter
November 1st, 2021, 15:48
We have the NPC created as PC and assign to different players. Using excel and a jpg Map in game with at the ships to move tokens around.

A player list on the Party Sheet that players could see would make life much easier.

adzling
November 1st, 2021, 21:15
We have the NPC created as PC and assign to different players. Using excel and a jpg Map in game with at the ships to move tokens around.

A player list on the Party Sheet that players could see would make life much easier.

+1 ;-)

rcruk
November 3rd, 2021, 01:05
That’s how we currently do it. However the Extents Vargr’s current CHA score generates a SOC characteristic at -2 for interactions where SOC is required (most things where dealing with non Extents Vargr). It’s just a quality of life ask, to make it easier for the player to keep track of which characteristic she’s using - certainly not a game breaker that needs an urgent fix.

cunningrat
November 5th, 2021, 20:35
Would it be possible to add a scrollbar to the Skills tab? My players are all skill monkeys, and some of them are on laptops (limited middle button functionality).

MoNeart
November 8th, 2021, 18:36
A way to import RPGSuite characters? I can send you an exported character, it has an TCHJSON extension, if that helps?

GregRex
November 8th, 2021, 19:16
RPGSuite would probably have to export a FG friendly xml file. Fantasy Grounds as a whole only reads/writes PC Record sheets as xml. Maybe someone can design a web parser to convert?

MoNeart
November 9th, 2021, 20:03
RPGSuite would probably have to export a FG friendly xml file. Fantasy Grounds as a whole only reads/writes PC Record sheets as xml. Maybe someone can design a web parser to convert?

Wish I knew more about JSON, XML, etc, but not my wheelhouse. I tried an online convertor of JSON to XML, any ideas on how to check and see how badly it got munged?

GregRex
November 9th, 2021, 20:39
MoNeart, I'm not an expert by any means myself. But what you might want to do is export a PC record out of Fantasy Grounds and inspect the XML output to get your bearing on it. That should give you the syntax/schema that FG would expect as an import. I'd be happy to discuss if you want. We will just need a new forum thread so we don't clog this one up.

MoNeart
November 11th, 2021, 21:57
MoNeart, I'm not an expert by any means myself. But what you might want to do is export a PC record out of Fantasy Grounds and inspect the XML output to get your bearing on it. That should give you the syntax/schema that FG would expect as an import. I'd be happy to discuss if you want. We will just need a new forum thread so we don't clog this one up.

Got it. Will give that a shot!