PDA

View Full Version : [5E] - When clicking and dragging, cursor will not let go

December 18th, 2020, 00:46
I tried several searches to see if this had been previously reported by anyone and I couldn't find a thread.

I am presently only in two FG games, one I run (ultimate unity license, 5E) and one I play in (classic, SWADE, Deadlands). I mention this only because in the classic Deadlands game, I never seem to have the following problem.

In the Unity 5E game that I run, I very often run into the problem that when I click to drag something (most often, from my memory, it is the target reticle or an NPC token), when I drag the cursor over and let the mouse button go to drop it where I want, the cursor does not let go. I have to bring the cursor over to the right (where the strip of icons for "notes" "story" "maps", etc is, I don't know what that's called off the top of my head), or even to the computer taskbar and click several times (10-15 or more) before the afterimage of whatever I picked up goes away, the cursor becomes the arrow or the hand, whatever it was before, and I can try again. Sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times before I can actually "drop" the icon where I want, and it works as it should. This does not happen every time, it happens perhaps 20-50% of the time I drag certain things (as I said, the target or NPC token seems to be the ones that give me the highest incidents). It has been persistently happening over perhaps 5 sessions, so I have had multiple updates during that time, and that has not fixed the issue.

If anyone can give me some clue as to what might be happening, has this happened to anyone else before, or am I missing a thread that already chronicles this issue? Please and thank you.

eporrini
December 18th, 2020, 01:43
You are not crazy, I’ve seen the same. Not often, but it’s happened to me a few times. It’s like a shadow token gets stuck on the little hand of the cursor. I think if you hover the “shadow” image over the real image and click it let’s go, but I could be remembering wrong.

Moon Wizard
December 18th, 2020, 05:07
Next time it happens, can you open the console using /console, click the Compile Logs button, and send me the resulting logs with a reference to this thread?

Thanks,
JPG

eporrini
December 18th, 2020, 05:15
Will do.