PDA

View Full Version : Errata and rules update in Companion 2020/12

Valyar
December 17th, 2020, 23:19
The new Companion has been released and to my surprise there is errata and rules update in part 4 of the booklet. One is quite important as it is related to the automation of a blood surge:
Bonus dice from Blood Surge have been increased for every tier of blood potency. Table on p.63 provides the updated values for this, bane severity and others.

I hope this can be pushed as quick fix as it is quite important and often used mechanic in game session.

Lensman
December 18th, 2020, 13:42
The new Companion has been released and to my surprise there is errata and rules update in part 4 of the booklet. One is quite important as it is related to the automation of a blood surge:
Bonus dice from Blood Surge have been increased for every tier of blood potency. Table on p.63 provides the updated values for this, bane severity and others.

I hope this can be pushed as quick fix as it is quite important and often used mechanic in game session.

Also of note, the descriptions for some of the errata may be misleading. On yesterday's World of Darkness news, it was stated to use the Chart , as the data in the chart is correct, but the rest may be updated in a future release.

Also of note with the companion, is that the Banu Haquim's Clan Icon has been revised and updated. It would be great to have this updated in the ruleset as well!

Any update (as well as news on Anarchs and Fall of London), would be appreciated!

MadBeardMan
December 19th, 2020, 13:40
Where can this companion be found?

All official art work etc must come through official channels, so I'd be keen to see that this Companion has arrived in those channels.

Cheers,
MBM

Naurthoron
December 19th, 2020, 14:22
You need to register at paradox offical WoD site to get access to it.

More information available here: https://www.worldofdarkness.com/news/v5-companion-is-available-to-download-now

Valyar
December 19th, 2020, 14:42
Yes, it is free for all, no need to purchase anything.

Naurthoron
December 19th, 2020, 14:49
Well when it is "free", it means that you are the product :-) (You still need to provide PI by registering).

MadBeardMan
December 19th, 2020, 15:48
I've fired off an email to SW. All 'work' we are requested to do must be official and come through the correct channels.

Personally though it bugs me you have to register for a site to pull something down like that.

Valyar
December 19th, 2020, 15:57
Personally though it bugs me you have to register for a site to pull something down like that.

So they can start spamming you with paradox marketing emails not related to VtM only :(

MadBeardMan
December 19th, 2020, 16:00
So they can start spamming you with paradox marketing emails not related to VtM only :(

Yup, and what also bugs me today (I think I'm grumpy!) is that for another FG official ruleset (Valyar you know the one), you need to go to a 3rd party forum to know what updates are coming - which also doesn't ask for cookie permission I noticed, tut tut. Back to MoN as it's getting dark.

Durzo
December 19th, 2020, 20:32
I was a little annoyed when a second reminder to link my steam account to Paradox Interactive after registering to get the companion.

There is no subtlety that they are trying to build a profile of potential customers for the future.

Fear Grounds
December 21st, 2020, 19:23
Downloaded the Companion with no difficulty at all, already had a WOD account, so didn't have to make a new one. The only email from WOD, that I have received, has been about Vampire the Masquerade. If you are getting irrelevant emails from Paradox Interactive, go to your subscription settings in your account settings.

Honestly, why wouldn't a game line try to gauge interest in their line of products? What companies don't already do this?

Original topic:
I have input all of the data from the companion into fantasy grounds, for personal use, and absolutely agree with the need of a "Quick fix" to update the Automatic features of the ruleset. Personally, it doesn't bother me if I have to right click a dice pool while dragging to add an extra die, but not everyone is aware of the function or change.

To whom it may concern, Thank You for this ruleset and all of your hard work.

vegaserik
December 22nd, 2020, 23:48
You can also click the +1 Mod on the bottom left to quickly add a second die.

Valyar
January 24th, 2021, 10:10
Is the errata update related to the surge going to be added in the incoming patch?
We have been clicking the +1 mod but still it is good to know if this quality of life will be there :)

MadBeardMan
January 24th, 2021, 21:43
Is the errata update related to the surge going to be added in the incoming patch?
We have been clicking the +1 mod but still it is good to know if this quality of life will be there :)

Not had anything official yet for VtM. I have asked, let me ask again.

Cheers,
MBM

Valyar
January 24th, 2021, 23:33
Do you really need to ask them to implement this mechanical thing to the ruleset? :(

MadBeardMan
January 24th, 2021, 23:44
Do you really need to ask them to implement this mechanical thing to the ruleset? :(

Yes as it needs to be officially approved and it's taken months and months to get WW to approve things in the past.

Fear Grounds
January 24th, 2021, 23:51
Hopefully, now that they have "consolidated" it will be easier to get things approved.

VTM has 4 of the top 50 selling products over on DriveThruRPG. People obviously want the content, now it's just a matter of making it easier to use virtually.

MadBeardMan
January 24th, 2021, 23:58
I agree, though I'm not the one who does the content, I do the scripting when the main dev (Luthbel) can't figure it out. I'm testing the Player 'difficulty' buttons in the week to get that sent as I put all of that into the ruleset from Traveller.

Justicex75
March 8th, 2021, 15:07
What about the new clans added in the Companion (Salubri, Ravnos and Tzmisce) - will they be incorporated in some way?

Fear Grounds
March 8th, 2021, 21:59
What about the new clans added in the Companion (Salubri, Ravnos and Tzmisce) - will they be incorporated in some way?

Welcome to Fantasy Grounds Justicex75

The expanded clans/errata, can't be Officially added until a request is sent to SmiteWorks from Paradox/WW requesting it.

Naurthoron
March 9th, 2021, 11:09
Welcome to Fantasy Grounds Justicex75

The expanded clans/errata, can't be Officially added until a request is sent to SmiteWorks from Paradox/WW requesting it.

Can't the request/proposal come from Smiteworks?

Fear Grounds
March 9th, 2021, 15:26
SmiteWorks can absolutely request to implement something, but their hands are tied until they get approval from the IP owner(Paradox/WW).

Let's not forget: This Ruleset has the issue of having to navigate through the hands of multiple publishers (OnyxPath, Modiphius, Renegade, White Wolf) as well as the IP owner.

vegaserik
March 9th, 2021, 23:57

They're easily put in manually, that's what most of us are doing. It may be awhile before they're officially in the game.

MadBeardMan
March 13th, 2021, 18:36
Folks,

Posted in the Anarch thread, basically I got this through a few days ago and I'm busy building support for it into the internal tools that I use to build content. If you check my twitter for last night you can see where I am with this.

There's no official timescale but I'll see what I can do (along with all the other stuff I have going on).

Cheers,
MBM

Naurthoron
March 13th, 2021, 22:12
Great news, thank you MBM !

MadBeardMan
March 27th, 2021, 23:49
And to confirm now, today I've sent both The Masquerade Companion and the updated Ruleset/Reference Manual with the errata. The ruleset will drop a week on Tuesday. You'll see font-resizes, the 'easy' ones done. Hope these help those players who wanted bigger fonts. The Companion will arrive when it's gone through testing, it contains the 3 new clans and the new discipline powers.

I'll start Anarch soon, need to finish off MoN for Call of Cthulhu.

Cheers,
MBM

Naurthoron
March 28th, 2021, 00:03
And to confirm now, today I've sent both The Masquerade Companion and the updated Ruleset/Reference Manual with the errata. The ruleset will drop a week on Tuesday. You'll see font-resizes, the 'easy' ones done. Hope these help those players who wanted bigger fonts. The Companion will arrive when it's gone through testing, it contains the 3 new clans and the new discipline powers.

Cheers,
MBM

Thanks! Excellent news.

pralix1138
March 28th, 2021, 01:25

Cheers,
MBM

Fantastic! Thanks again!